collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dr T has pulled the trigger  (Read 108626 times)

Offline Bottom Right 89

Re: If Dr T Pulls the Trigger...
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2016, 11:06:33 PM »
For christs sake give the bloke a chance, to say he is under pressure 7 games in is ridiculous. We are unbeaten at home. We signed 9 players in the window it will take time to get this right and restore confidence - if we dont win saturday sack him then.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2016, 11:06:46 PM »
Will not pulling the trigger and getting Bruce early be the same error as not getting Allardyce last season?

Table is still young....even though we're shite and can't win we're still only what 5 points off a play off place.

Rather do it now than at xmas where we could be 15-20 points off top 2.

I really can't see how we can just write off a season when we've spent so much.

If it was still last years team playing then yes.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »
A novel.idea would be for the very well paid CEO and technical director to choose a good one.

Why would you stick with this fucking moron just because Leeds are shite?

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 11:07:49 PM »
There's something wrong beyond the team and RDM over the last 6 years we have been terminally shit at home regardless of what team or manager we have. This is a footballing ANOMALY there isn't a team in reputable league football in the whole of fucking Europe who have such a bad home record.

Ever since the 2-2 at Stoke our fans shit themselves when we are ahead VP is so nervous all the time, this conveys itself onto the players.

I'm not blaming the fans but this is the reason and I don't have a fucking answer to it either, apart from playing behind closed doors.

Attempting to defend for 55 minutes as soon as we go 1 up is a sure fire way to get the crowd restless, and then conceding the inevitable post-80th minute isn't going to help proceedings

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »
For christs sake give the bloke a chance, to say he is under pressure 7 games in is ridiculous. We are unbeaten at home. We signed 9 players in the window it will take time to get this right and restore confidence - if we dont win saturday sack him then.

I admire your sentiments but he's playing square pegs in round holes. It's as if he's trying to shoe horn his signings into something that resembles a team and its not working. If that's not bad enough, he can't see it isn't working with his own eyes.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »
Make no mistake...this result is very much on RDM's head.

I think he was unnerved a bit by that 5 minute spell Brentford had just before half time.

So I guess he told the players at half time to grind out a 1-0 win.

The players interpreted that as making sure they didn't cross the halfway line.

When you play like that you have to win the game. And we haven't yet again.

This isn't the premier league and world class players...we should be imposing ourselves on the league a lot more.

Offline Ads

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 11:16:17 PM »

Unbeaten against Huddersfield, Rotherham, Forest and fucking Brentford. It's a whose who of shite.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 11:17:02 PM »
I agree entirely that we should have more points than we have. I hardly think it's sacking offence in mid september though.

Offline Ads

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »
It's the same problem game after game. He's not getting any better, he's beyond clueless. Dean fucking Smith out thought him.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:46 PM »
Up until now I felt we had been a bit unlucky, we had been creating a lot of chances. Tonight was a shocker though and to once again concede late on is feeble. Especially considering how much we've spent. Ugh.

I don't mean to get on Matteo's back but I had expected way better than how we have fared so far. I would have expected this sort of form from last season's first team, not his Championship Fantasy Football squad.

We need to shape up, pick a better formation, slap a few players and get focussed. The league is drifting away from us.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2016, 11:23:20 PM »
Just get rid. He won't improve because he's an appalling bad football manager. Tactically inept get Bruce in before those Sandwell knicker draggers lose Pulis

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:12 PM »
This fella is getting paid £3 million a year. If he can't get this group of players to beat run of the mill teams like Brentford at home, he deserves all the shit he gets.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:27 PM »
It's the same problem game after game. He's not getting any better, he's beyond clueless. Dean fucking Smith out thought him.

To be fair to Dean fucking Smith, he is a Villa fan. it's to be expected.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2016, 11:28:04 PM »
What concerns me most, I think, is how quickly the negative mentality seeps into the players at Villa. If Kodjia lets his head drop that would be disastrous. My great hope is that Jedinak turns into the totem to make us tougher, but that was a forgettable game he had tonight.

Offline myf

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2016, 11:32:23 PM »
I'd give him the season personally, unless of course we do start to struggle. Sacking a manager 7 games in after giving him all that money would be embarrassing.

Surely 1 win in 8 is struggling?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal