collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest  (Read 8870 times)

Offline castlefields_villan

Re: Forest
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 01:10:35 PM »
Proudest forest away game was 24th April 1982 wearing a purplish and white scarf everyone looking At me thinking who the hell does he support.

"If you all went to anderlecht clap your hands"
Rotterdam here we come

This was the 2nd of 3 visits for me.  On this occasion I was sat in their main stand, level with the Trent End six yard line - am I right in remembering a Gordon Cowans penalty earned us a 1-1 draw ?

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 01:50:28 PM »
1992 was the game where Cyrille Regis scored with a lob over Mark Crossley.
It had been a pretty poor performance up to then and where we were in the top of the left side, the fans were making their own entertainment - well, I say fans, it was one man singing Could It Be Magic and dancing. But he was very good.

Offline kingstanding villa

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »
1986 lost 6-0 Brian clough spent most of the 2nd half waving to  the villa fans. Brain Brian give us a wave. On the plus side Graham Turner got sacked the next day.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 03:13:28 PM »
1986 lost 6-0 Brian clough spent most of the 2nd half waving to  the villa fans. Brain Brian give us a wave. On the plus side Graham Turner got sacked the next day.

Was that the midweek game? If so me and my mate left really early and went into town and met a couple of girls we knew in the pub. For some reason we decided to tell them we had been thrown out rather than admit how crap we were, blaming it on drunken behaviour from another mate who stayed at the game but we said had been arrested.

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »
My favourite the 3-1 from September 1991. Sean teale,  og in the first 20 seconds.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
Went every game that's been mentioned but I can only think of being stuck in that pen at Nottingham train station when I think of Forest, forgot the year..

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »
Went every game that's been mentioned but I can only think of being stuck in that pen at Nottingham train station when I think of Forest, forgot the year..

1989 that was, first game of the season

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 08:16:03 AM »
August 1989...a one all draw, massive Villa following and if I recall correctly, I purchased the first edition of H&V?

I've been meaning to ask for a while, but it always slips my mind. Is your user name any way connected to the ex Forest full back? He was a decent player!

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »
The only other midlands club that I don't mind.

Have been to their ground quite a few times,but only once to see Villa-in the summer of 2012 when Lambert was first appointed. We played pretty craply, but had a great following, especially for a pre season friendly. If I recall correctly, Bannan scored a nice freekick.

My other times there were with my Leicester supporting dad(who also came to the 2012 pre season game)to watch Leicester play. My dad's best mate is a Forest fan, so he'd be in the home end. No matter who won, there were no hard feelings between my dad and his mate, and I never had an affinity with either team, even as a little kid. I eventually, aged 9, chose to support Villa due to my grandad.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »

Me and Damo70 were on the train in front so managed to get to the ground, we couldn't get in so strolled back to the station to be greeted by that bizarre sight. We crossed the road (we weren't wearing colours) for fear of getting thrown in with everyone else.

I still find it a bit difficult to believe really.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

Me and Damo70 were on the train in front so managed to get to the ground, we couldn't get in so strolled back to the station to be greeted by that bizarre sight. We crossed the road (we weren't wearing colours) for fear of getting thrown in with everyone else.

Did one of the Villa fans who was held as a 'political prisoner' that afternoon have a legal background and lead a group action to get some compo from the police? I have a vague recollection of it being a story in The Evening Mail some time afterwards.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »

Have been to their ground quite a few times,but only once to see Villa-in the summer of 2012 when Lambert was first appointed. We played pretty craply, but had a great following, especially for a pre season friendly. If I recall correctly, Bannan scored a nice freekick.

My other times there were with my Leicester supporting dad(who also came to the 2012 pre season game)to watch Leicester play. My dad's best mate is a Forest fan, so he'd be in the home end. No matter who won, there were no hard feelings between my dad and his mate, and I never had an affinity with either team, even as a little kid. I eventually, aged 9, chose to support Villa due to my grandad.

Glory hunter!

Was your dad lording it over you last season?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »

Did one of the Villa fans who was held as a 'political prisoner' that afternoon have a legal background and lead a group action to get some compo from the police? I have a vague recollection of it being a story in The Evening Mail some time afterwards.

Denis Howell took it up I think as well but got nowhere. Who would ever have believed the word of a group of football fans over the police in those days?

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 03:26:43 PM »

Glory hunter!

Haha. Hello Paul, mate. How are things? Hopefully you've had a good summer.

My dad was a gentleman last year. Since he first took me to Villa Park, he's been more interested in Villa than Leicester. Of course, being born in Leicester and leaving school to play at youth level for Leicester, he loves his 'blue boys' dearly. But Villa being relegated ruined his season, despite the title win. I felt a little guilty. Haha.

And he much prefers going to Villa Park than down Leicester. He often tells me about being pelted with coins by Villa fans at a Villa Leicester game in his youth!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 09:21:29 PM »

Glory hunter!

Haha. Hello Paul, mate. How are things? Hopefully you've had a good summer.

My dad was a gentleman last year. Since he first took me to Villa Park, he's been more interested in Villa than Leicester. Of course, being born in Leicester and leaving school to play at youth level for Leicester, he loves his 'blue boys' dearly. But Villa being relegated ruined his season, despite the title win. I felt a little guilty. Haha.

And he much prefers going to Villa Park than down Leicester. He often tells me about being pelted with coins by Villa fans at a Villa Leicester game in his youth!
t

That would have been my and my dad! Tell him I want my money back - with interest.

Fair play to your dad. I can't imagine ever having a kid support a different team to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal