collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: No excuses now guys  (Read 13867 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: No excuses now guys
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2016, 01:24:21 AM »
I really hate their not being a game this weekend, on the back of some exciting new players coming in and on the back of a poor result. It would be nice to address it today but we have to wait until next Sunday.

*grumpy face*

I'm kind of glad though, in the sense that I hope the extra week allows a lot of the new boys who aren't away with their countries to bed in and we don't see a repeat of Bristol City. Deferred gratification

no for sure. They'll get a chance to work together. Hopefully they'll come steaming out of the blocks next week and get a much needed win.

Villa coming steaming out the blocks... bloody hell, when did that last happen. Come out steaming, yes.

Yes that's the spirit. Derby we were good overall, Huddersfield and Bristol City we should have been miles ahead before either team scored. How about looking forward and not back?

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2016, 06:14:27 AM »
The biggest issue going forward will be for RDM to get the balance right and if he persists with more attacking players, (Ayew, Jack)in positions of responsibility regarding the balance of the midfield, that I can see being over run to often for my liking.
Keep our forward options open, on the pitch and off the bench when required, but stiffen the midfield, in this division it is vital.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2016, 07:05:21 AM »
The biggest issue going forward will be for RDM to get the balance right and if he persists with more attacking players, (Ayew, Jack)in positions of responsibility regarding the balance of the midfield, that I can see being over run to often for my liking.
Keep our forward options open, on the pitch and off the bench when required, but stiffen the midfield, in this division it is vital.

totally agree

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2016, 07:29:28 AM »
Agreed too. It may be that Tish and Jedi can do that, though I have my doubts

Otherwise we may have to sacrifice one of the attacking four for more of a solid type. Or be more prepared to change shape from the bench

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2016, 01:17:31 PM »
Agreed too. It may be that Tish and Jedi can do that, though I have my doubts

Otherwise we may have to sacrifice one of the attacking four for more of a solid type. Or be more prepared to change shape from the bench
And who would that be?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »
I agree we're a bit short. But it could be bacuna on right side midfield. Or Westwood and Tish alongside Jedinak in a 433 or diamond. Or it could be Amavi left side midfield.

But none ideal I agree

Offline mike

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »
I really hate their not being a game this weekend, on the back of some exciting new players coming in and on the back of a poor result. It would be nice to address it today but we have to wait until next Sunday.

*grumpy face*

I'm kind of glad though, in the sense that I hope the extra week allows a lot of the new boys who aren't away with their countries to bed in and we don't see a repeat of Bristol City. Deferred gratification

no for sure. They'll get a chance to work together. Hopefully they'll come steaming out of the blocks next week and get a much needed win.

Villa coming steaming out the blocks... bloody hell, when did that last happen. Come out steaming, yes.

Yes that's the spirit. Derby we were good overall, Huddersfield and Bristol City we should have been miles ahead before either team scored. How about looking forward and not back?

Because I am by nature a miserable old get and because Villa has drained any tiny optimism I allowed myself. I don't know if you ever read a book called 'Man Utd ruined my life', written (when they were rubbish) by a lifelong City fan. He recalls a fan who used to go to every match and get really agitated if City scored first and say 'oh no, that'll really annoy them'. I can identify with that feeling.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal