collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albert Adomah - Released  (Read 91233 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Albert Adomah - signed
« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2019, 10:01:10 PM »
Hope he scores a couple of worldies against Steve Bruce's Sheffield Wednesday

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #466 on: March 24, 2019, 06:34:37 AM »
I think there's a decision to be made this summer about extending his contract bg a year?

I wouldn't, unless it was with a view to getting a fee for him. Not worth the wages if we're still down here and not prem level if we go up

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #467 on: March 24, 2019, 06:48:50 AM »
It'd depend on just how tight things go with FFP, I suppose. Presumably El Ghazi is the top priority, though I can't remember if he was reported as an obligation or an option to buy.

If things go pear-shaped for both him (in terms of suitors) and us, it may suit both sides to have him back on 1 or 2 year contract on more modest wages, given that the alternative would be to pay a transfer fee for someone else.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #468 on: March 24, 2019, 12:34:13 PM »
El Ghazi was a obligation to buy, I think.
I don't see in him what others do...I think he's poor

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #469 on: March 24, 2019, 12:54:10 PM »
El Ghazi was a obligation to buy, I think.
I don't see in him what others do...I think he's poor
He shows an awareness that I've never really seen in AA. Yes, AA has done well for us in patches but now is the time to move him on. El Ghazi represents a talent-opportunity and Smith needs to release that: I think he has started to do that.

Offline KRS

« Reply #470 on: March 25, 2019, 01:20:59 AM »
Thanks for the service but it's time for Albert to move on now and for the likes of Green and RHM to step up.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #471 on: March 25, 2019, 10:04:07 AM »
They're opposite players in a way. AEG has a lot of ability but blows hot and cold and often fails to impose himself on games. AA plays above his ability.

I'd rather Keep El Ghazi. He's only 23, has genuine vision and with AA we're already seeing diminishing returns and he's not got the kind of game that he can stretch into his mid 30s easily.

Offline KRS

« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2019, 04:59:14 AM »
I’m starting to think right wing is our weak position with neither of Albert, Green or Kodjia making any kind of influential impact on games. At times it’s like playing with 10 men as they contribute very little compared to a number of players. When was the last time Albert took a man on instead of just passing it back? When was the last time Green beat a man then delivered a good cross?

I’d be tempted to give the nod to Davis playing alongside Tammy and just have El Ghazi floating to provide the width and crosses.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2019, 05:39:09 AM »
I’m starting to think right wing is our weak position with neither of Albert, Green or Kodjia making any kind of influential impact on games. At times it’s like playing with 10 men as they contribute very little compared to a number of players. When was the last time Albert took a man on instead of just passing it back? When was the last time Green beat a man then delivered a good cross?

I’d be tempted to give the nod to Davis playing alongside Tammy and just have El Ghazi floating to provide the width and crosses.

I’m pretty sure Dean doesn’t want to play with 2 wingers but his full backs are not good enough to get up and down. Hopefully a new LB and Freddy will solve the RW problem next season

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:00 AM »
Albert looked disinterested last night, had a row on the pitch with his captain and then took the worst penalty of the night.  He's been fairly useless now for 12 months and I hope we can shift him regardless of where we are next season. 

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2019, 09:17:28 AM »
sadly I agree - something hasn't been right since he was injured towards the end of last season.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #476 on: May 15, 2019, 09:23:18 AM »
I don't think he looked disinterested, just lacking in confidence. Lately he seems to be turning back looking for a pass when in previous seasons he would have had got his head down and been taking on defenders.

That said, he would still have been the hero if not for a very good save by Johnstone. You could argue he should have put his shot wide of the keeper but, given a split-second to react, he did well to get the direction and power that he did and can count himself unfortunate not to have scored.

Overall, though, he doesn't seem good enough for us in this division... let alone if we go up.

Even if we sign AAG permanently, we still need to improve our wing options.

If Albert does leave he would do so with all our blessings I'm sure. He's been a good servant to the cause. And if he does leave, it be great if his last contribution is scoring the goal that gets us promoted...

Offline frank black

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
He’s let us down since the later part of last season. He was absolutely vital when Kodjia got injured but has been largely terrible ever since. We definitely need to strengthen significantly on the wings next season it’s our poorest position.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #478 on: May 15, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »
That right side of the forward three is a real problem area.  Green is terrible, Adomah looks like he's mentally checked out, and Kodjia doesn't do enough work.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #479 on: May 15, 2019, 09:55:31 AM »
He's keeping that position warm for Joe Lolley

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal