collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 256564 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1440 on: February 10, 2019, 07:04:03 PM »

He's broke and he isn't getting fixed.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1441 on: February 10, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
He'll move on in the summer. Injuries killed him but when you consider both him and Ross Mc cost us the best part of £30m, all we have to show is one season of goals between them.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1442 on: February 10, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »
The thing with Kodjia he's perhaps now a great impact sub .
A great contribution potential .
However over the attempts of 90 minutes performance levels it's been lacking more often than not.
His best match was against Brentford for me and scored 2 goals.

Undoubtedly one of the top skill full and talented striker in league keeping him sweet as an impact sub would be best.

Though I like many were feeling right for him to come in against Sheffield utd. His engine isn't amazing these days and that seems to slow down.

I think he really fell away in the fa cup match v Swansea when he came on and despite a supreme finish v stoke he just hasn't looked amazing under Smith.

Last good match was for me v Leeds where he just ran out of steam after an hour from what I recall.
He offers some great flair in attack but defending is obviously a struggle.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1443 on: February 10, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »
He'll move on in the summer. Injuries killed him but when you consider both him and Ross Mc cost us the best part of £30m, all we have to show is one season of goals between them.

That's accurate however I can't have McCormack and Kodjia as same level of contribution.

Kodjia has done a lot for villa
Though he's done appeared to do  a little at times he's offered so much more than Ross McCormack did.

He comparable to Hogan with both having injuries and not looking 100 back to a challenging best.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1444 on: February 11, 2019, 07:44:51 AM »
I loved watching Kodjia in his first season - selfish, undoubtedly, but scored some great goals. I actually think his current disinterest stems directly from the frustration of not being able to do what he once could, because of the ankle injuries. Whatever the reason, it's not going  to be easy to move him on in the summer, simply because he's no longer the menace he was and, of course, his sky high wages.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1445 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:31 AM »
I loved watching Kodjia in his first season - selfish, undoubtedly, but scored some great goals. I actually think his current disinterest stems directly from the frustration of not being able to do what he once could, because of the ankle injuries. Whatever the reason, it's not going  to be easy to move him on in the summer, simply because he's no longer the menace he was and, of course, his sky high wages.

I'd agree with at, a few times he's looked pretty pissed off with himself when things haven't worked. I really hoped that he'd get back after the injuries but I just don't think he's had enough regular game time to have the chance. On the flipside we can't let him play himself back into form when we have other options that are doing well in his main position.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1446 on: February 11, 2019, 10:59:56 AM »
His wrist bandage seems to be getting further up his arm

Do we know why he wears it ?

Also, he should wear a less conspicuous bandage to help get away with subtle handballs ?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1447 on: February 11, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »
His wrist bandage seems to be getting further up his arm

Do we know why he wears it ?

Also, he should wear a less conspicuous bandage to help get away with subtle handballs ?

He mentioned it in a recent interview. It’s to protect an old injury.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1448 on: February 11, 2019, 11:28:37 AM »
So our best player in his first season, nearly 20 goals, injured for most of last and played out of position this and still contributed 6/7 goals whatever it is but to some he's a parasite to the club that needs moving on. Good god, we've had some parasites at this club in the past 10 years, but he's not one of them. I see nothing about him that says his attitude stinks and he can't be arsed either, probably should track back more but you could say that about some great players. To me, if he is pissed off it's because he's been shoved on the wing, but to me he doesn't really show it.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #1449 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »
An absolute certainty that he will leave in the summer.

Let's hope so... Good riddance.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #1450 on: February 11, 2019, 10:51:11 PM »
So our best player in his first season, nearly 20 goals, injured for most of last and played out of position this and still contributed 6/7 goals whatever it is but to some he's a parasite to the club that needs moving on. Good god, we've had some parasites at this club in the past 10 years, but he's not one of them. I see nothing about him that says his attitude stinks and he can't be arsed either, probably should track back more but you could say that about some great players. To me, if he is pissed off it's because he's been shoved on the wing, but to me he doesn't really show it.

Passing to his teammates would be a start

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1451 on: February 12, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
yes you can't trust the French at all - they don't even have a word for an entrepreneur

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #1452 on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:14 PM »
I agree.
He is not going to thrive out of position and at least we know he has the capacity to be an 'edge-of-the-seat' player

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1453 on: February 12, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »

You're just picking and choosing players to suit your argument.

It would be much better to include Hogan in that comparison - then you could say that they've cost us the best part of £45m, and we'd have one season of goals between them!   ;) ::)

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1454 on: February 12, 2019, 02:07:03 PM »
I agree.
He is not going to thrive out of position and at least we know he has the capacity to be an 'edge-of-the-seat' player
Spot on

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal