collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 256572 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1140 on: July 15, 2018, 10:52:57 PM »
I wish those clubs would challenge it. Fucking ridiculous to stop clubs from trading.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1141 on: July 15, 2018, 10:56:07 PM »
There effectively is a cap of transfer spending as it's a cap on losses, including transfer spending (via amortisation), wages, tea and biscuits, grass seed, everything*!!

*Except some bits to do with the youth team but someone who's looked in to it much more than I have will know the specifics on that.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1142 on: July 15, 2018, 11:31:52 PM »
Basically you're not allowed to spend and upset the cartel of clubs that have been milking the Misnomer League for the best part of two decades.

Man City did and now they have exposure and access to the competition they've been able to build a commercial income to sustain it, the horrible lot. The result of this means one of the established will be pushed out and worse still...another club might try this. Maybe more than one club.

So the drawbridge has been closed. Competition is dead. It's the antithesis of the two pillars of European free market law; it's pro-cartel and it's restrictive of competition.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1143 on: July 15, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
Basically you're not allowed to spend and upset the cartel of clubs that have been milking the Misnomer League for the best part of two decades.

Man City did and now they have exposure and access to the competition they've been able to build a commercial income to sustain it, the horrible lot. The result of this means one of the established will be pushed out and worse still...another club might try this. Maybe more than one club.

So the drawbridge has been closed. Competition is dead. It's the antithesis of the two pillars of European free market law; it's pro-cartel and it's restrictive of competition.

It only sucks if it's you and it's us. Fuck sticks.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1144 on: July 16, 2018, 12:13:42 AM »

I do wonder why no-one has taken this to the EU courts, and what would happen if they did.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1145 on: July 16, 2018, 12:32:45 AM »
Probably get told to do a Burnley.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #1146 on: July 16, 2018, 12:54:26 AM »
I do wonder why no-one has taken this to the EU courts, and what would happen if they did.

So in all seriousness why not, before we finally pull the trigger putting the hole in our own foot and leave the EU, why can't a club or indeed anyone contest the restrictive trade laws?

We seem to have enough accountancy/law folk on here. Is there a simple answer?

(And again as FFP drips into every decision including who we sell it's relevant to the Kodj, but happy if someone wants to Mod this into its own thread)

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1147 on: July 16, 2018, 01:11:40 AM »
I yearn for the days when following the machinations of your club didn't involve any knowledge of accountancy or business administration.

Yep!!  I still don't really understand how amortisation can be judged when the assets are sports players.  There are so many reasons beyond the control of a club why a player's value might drop (injury, loss of form, player might not settle in the area) that it seems strange that this would even be taken into account. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1148 on: July 16, 2018, 01:13:13 AM »
The idea of FFP is sound, whether it's executed correctly is another matter. As i've said before, from 2008-20013 a quick Google and 20 clubs from the Conference North/South level upwards went into administration, 12 were league clubs, since 2013 i'm not sure any have. So something is working somewhere.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1149 on: July 16, 2018, 01:14:43 AM »

They have, see also QPR.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1150 on: July 16, 2018, 01:29:08 AM »
The idea of FFP is sound, whether it's executed correctly is another matter. As i've said before, from 2008-20013 a quick Google and 20 clubs from the Conference North/South level upwards went into administration, 12 were league clubs, since 2013 i'm not sure any have. So something is working somewhere.

I might have this completely wrong PWS, but wouldn't a system where clubs could only spend a percentage of their turnover on player's wages suffice? 

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #1152 on: July 16, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
Surely it's depreciation anyway, as our Ross is very tangible indeed, the salad-dodging waster.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1153 on: July 16, 2018, 08:36:16 AM »
He's a hefty piece of plant, property and equipment alright.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1154 on: July 16, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
Are we not better to try and show some effort in trying to meet FFP and accept a fine, rather than selling anything that moves and still failing to comply.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal