collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 258000 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1560 on: October 01, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »
Kodjia was pretty ineffectual last time he was fit enough to play; and had been for a while. In a division that seems to demand high energy and effort from all 11 players, I cannot see him being the answer to anything.

He is the answer in the nightmare scenario that all our many other prolific strikers get injured.

Which really isn't outside the realms of possibility and could happen at any time.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #1561 on: October 01, 2019, 02:56:27 PM »
Is he out of contract at the end of the season?

I believe so. Imagine we won’t offer him a new contract either, given he will be thirty soon and probably on a decent wage given who was in charge when we signed him.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1562 on: October 01, 2019, 07:07:06 PM »
Is he out of contract at the end of the season?

I believe so. Imagine we won’t offer him a new contract either, given he will be thirty soon and probably on a decent wage given who was in charge when we signed him.

Which was who?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1563 on: October 01, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
Roberto Di Matteo. Jr.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1564 on: October 01, 2019, 11:08:11 PM »
I assumed he meant Xia/Wyness rather than the manager, might be wrong though.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1565 on: October 02, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
Kodjia is one of those players, on song he's brilliant and almost unplayable, if he's not then forget it. Unfortunately we've seen far, far more of the latter since he got injured.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1566 on: October 02, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »
He was hardly pulling up trees last year in the championship, no idea why people think he is the answer in the Preeeemiership.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1567 on: October 02, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
Still got a massive soft spot for JK (for me he was one of the few highlights of that 2016-17 season and for that I'll always be grateful to him). I don't think he's looked the same player after his ankle injury and was hoping a pre season was going to help get him back to his best. Fingers crossed he'll be back on track following this latest unfortunate set back. He certainly poses different problems to defenders than our other 2 forwards and on his day can make something out of nothing. I look forward to doing a celebratory jig when he scores for us this season!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:40:42 PM by Diablo »

Offline The_ads

« Reply #1568 on: October 02, 2019, 10:32:42 PM »
He was hardly pulling up trees last year in the championship, no idea why people think he is the answer in the Preeeemiership.

Ironically though he looks very comfortable at intl level.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1569 on: October 02, 2019, 11:04:10 PM »

We don't exactly have a great number of alternatives. I wouldn't be starting him, but coming on with twenty minutes to go he's more likely to get us a goal than Davis. On the other hand, if we are winning in the closing stages I'd rather have KD on as he is better at holding the ball up and allowing us to alleviate pressure.

Basically, keep Kodjia till January to give us an extra option. Sign someone amazing in the New Year.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1570 on: October 03, 2019, 12:27:15 AM »

Ironically though he looks very comfortable at intl level.
Which is mostly  a lower level than the Championship

Offline KRS

« Reply #1571 on: October 03, 2019, 07:59:13 AM »
JK should be fired up and ready to prove a point when he gets his chance...and he deserves that chance.  If he isn’t good enough to take it then we definitely need to sign a proven goal scorer that will hit the ground running in January. I believe his contract is up in the summer (?), so for what we’d get for him in January, we may as well keep him as backup and let his contract run down.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1572 on: October 04, 2019, 09:50:51 AM »
And still better than Wesley.
Some of Kodjias finishes for his goals and the way he can take headers are super something I haven't seen Wesley offer.

I can't actually remember a Kodjia headed goal ...

... but then he hasn't played for a long time for us.

Or is it my age?!

Offline Luke8

« Reply #1573 on: October 04, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »
Think he has scored a few headers. Ipswich away and Brentford at home in the last minute last season, at least from memory. Not sure I would call it one of his main strengths though.

Think the biggest issue with Kodjia, certainly from my recollection, is his link up play and that he takes a lot of touches and time to move the ball on. It’s probably what makes him more likely to score some of the individual goals he scores (similar to his first against Brentford last year) but it’s not particularly conducive to quick team interplay

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1574 on: October 04, 2019, 01:38:44 PM »
Best to watch with the sound off but a few headers in here. Happy Friday!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal