collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 256556 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1305 on: August 23, 2018, 07:42:16 AM »
Delighted he is proving my recent posts to be wrong. Long may it continue, particularly as Bruce willfully handicaps us by playing defensive players out of position.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1306 on: September 22, 2018, 07:18:41 PM »
I rate that "effort" from Kodjia today right up there with Jordan Ayew at Bristol City a couple of seasons ago.

Bone idle. Absolutely pathetic.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1307 on: September 22, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
I rate that "effort" from Kodjia today right up there with Jordan Ayew at Bristol City a couple of seasons ago.

Bone idle. Absolutely pathetic.

I thought he was worse v Rotherham. A disgrace of a professional. We missed a trick not getting rid of him in the summer. Bruce would probably have spent money on another winger mind..

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1308 on: September 22, 2018, 08:59:23 PM »
 I missed Rotherham and I had no intention of going today but sentiment got the better of me. Nice to see Jimmy doing his best to dismantle my recent endorsement. i'm sticking with my theory that he's a busted flush and a ghost of the player he was two years ago. He's 29 in a month and hes never getting back to where he was.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1309 on: September 22, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »
He reminds me a lot of Bent after his injury, never the same again.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1310 on: September 22, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »
I’m not about to blame any player for poor form with this cock in charge. I’d like to see a plan created an implemented to service our forwards properly before I throw dirt on the likes of Kodjia. Can you imagine what it must be like training during the week changing hoofs up the wing constantly? Fuck Bruce.

Online CT

« Reply #1311 on: September 23, 2018, 09:57:34 AM »
Whilst I totally agree on Bruce, TV, there is no excuse for players not even barely trying.

Yesterday, that reminded me of having Collymore and Milosevic up front. Trotting around like a pair of show ponies, not willing to make runs or put in the hard yards.

They just stand there and expect things to happen whilst expending the minimum amount of effort.

Abraham was just as guilty. Stood still up front with a defender not having to move to mark him. The midfield can't get a ball to him because he's static, then he throws his arms in the air and holds his head.

Online frank black

« Reply #1312 on: September 23, 2018, 10:12:43 AM »
I felt bad for Abraham and Kodjia yesterday. They kept making curved runs but rarely did we try and go more direct. The ball was mainly rolled backwards or sideways. As for crosses, well that was worse. We just seemed to slow everything down and let their defense get organised.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #1313 on: September 23, 2018, 10:16:52 AM »
Everytime I looked at Abraham he had his head in his hands

Online CT

« Reply #1314 on: September 23, 2018, 10:19:30 AM »
I watched them closely yesterday, especially Kodjia, and I must have completely  missed the continual curved runs he was making.

The only movement I saw from him yesterday was when he was hooked, and even then it seemed all too much effort to trot off quickly seeing as we were losing.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1315 on: September 23, 2018, 11:41:42 AM »
Crap yesterday from the bits I saw. New manager and a foot up the arse for him please. He's on easy street at the moment.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1316 on: September 23, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »
I watched them closely yesterday, especially Kodjia, and I must have completely  missed the continual curved runs he was making.

The only movement I saw from him yesterday was when he was hooked, and even then it seemed all too much effort to trot off quickly seeing as we were losing.

Both midfields seemed to have a gentleman's agreement not to press or tackle each other yesterday. Countless times Hourihane, McGinn and even Grealish got the ball in space in central areas. But given the sheer lack of movement in front of them they had to check back. The handful of times they rolled it into the feet of the front two, they lost it easily.

The pair of them were a disgrace yesterday. So much so if Davis or Hogan are fit I'd start one of them the next day.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1317 on: September 23, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »
the trouble is you don't recruit Abraham ( a proven goalscorer) to replace him with a player who isn't one, although his hold up play is very good. I'd rather not say anything about Hogan.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1318 on: September 23, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »
We have forwards the rest of the division would give up their left nut for. And I would even include McCormack (very proven at this level) and Hogan. And yet this fucking buffoon of a manager has quite incredibly neutered all of them. It has to be harder to do that than actually get them to play to even somewhere close to their ability.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1319 on: September 23, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »
And our forwards have only scored in 3 of our 11 games so far this season. And if you back to the end of last season, no forwards scored in our last 4 games, including play-offs. It's almost an impressive achievement to have so much talent at your disposal and yet have them being so ineffective.

And another stat, by my reckoning, since Hogan scored against Burton on Feb 3rd, strikers owned by Aston Villa have scored in 3 of the last 30 games in all competitions.
Hogan v Reading last season and Kod v Ipswich and Brentford this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal