collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 258362 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1050 on: June 03, 2018, 10:35:53 AM »
No need for that, was there Risso?

I thought there was, hence the post. I’ve seen Russian bots with more personality and who post more sense.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1051 on: June 03, 2018, 10:38:16 AM »

I thought there was, hence the post. I’ve seen Russian bots with more personality and who post more sense.

There was no need for that, either.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1052 on: June 03, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
I'm not sure we'd get a great deal for Elmo to be honest.

And I'm not sure I want to hold onto him either. I know he might not have been fully fit but I was so disappointed with him at Wembley. He offered nothing and was as timid as Taylor. Snodgrass didn't seem to have much confidence in using him on the overlap either though that may be down to him thinking he was the big cheese.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1053 on: June 03, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »

Ouch. I'm er...wounded.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1054 on: June 03, 2018, 09:48:12 PM »
I like Kodjia but I'd very worried if he was our starting striker for next season. 1 goal in 15 this season and his mobility seems to have been impacted quite a bit since injury. Seems to have bulked up a bit too much during his injury aswell. I'd hope to be proven wrong but ankle injuries nobbled JPA and Bent with us and I thought Kodjia showed similar signs when he came back at the end of the season. Remember at his best the season before, he was an elusive mobile forward but he rarely attempted to bring anyone else into the play.

If we got a decent offer for him, I'd be in favour of cashing in.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1055 on: June 03, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »
No I'd hate to see The Kodge go  :(

I have faith in him he will return to form.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1056 on: June 03, 2018, 09:53:57 PM »
He’s going to be bloody important to us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1057 on: June 03, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »

It's not about the money in, it's about shaving the wage bill.

Elmohamaday still has two years left on his deal. I'd safely safe he'll still be playing for us next season.

Was negative about his signing but I thought he was solid enough in majority of games he played.

Problem is now we don't go up and he's another difficult one hitting 30 and difficult to shift. We really need to stop offering 3 year deals to players coming up to 30 now.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1058 on: June 03, 2018, 11:33:35 PM »

It's not about the money in, it's about shaving the wage bill.

Elmohamaday still has two years left on his deal. I'd safely safe he'll still be playing for us next season.

Was negative about his signing but I thought he was solid enough in majority of games he played.

Problem is now we don't go up and he's another difficult one hitting 30 and difficult to shift. We really need to stop offering 3 year deals to players coming up to 30 now.

I like Elmo - I think he's consistent, puts a great ball in and is versatile. I'd be happy for him to stay for the remainder of his contract.  Let's hope he doesn't stand out in the World Cup and attract interest from a lower table PL side or from abroad.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1059 on: June 04, 2018, 12:58:12 AM »
Elmo is absolutely fine at Championship level. He’s not really a liability, generally puts in 7/10 games. Nothing special and has the odd game where he creates a goal or two. He’s at a point that he’s unlikely to attract any bids worth really accepting versus the cost of replacement.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1060 on: June 04, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
Elmo is absolutely fine at Championship level. He’s not really a liability, generally puts in 7/10 games. Nothing special and has the odd game where he creates a goal or two. He’s at a point that he’s unlikely to attract any bids worth really accepting versus the cost of replacement.

Do we need to sign a replacement though?  If he has a good world cup and a premier league team comes in for him we'd be looking at £5-6m after paying about £1m for him, that's a massive boost to the FFP situation and then we bring DeLaet back and Have Bree as well.  I'd be very happy with that.  I'd say the same for Bjarnason as well.  I'd love them both to play well and see offers because both play in positions where we have depth.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1061 on: June 04, 2018, 04:51:47 PM »

Do we need to sign a replacement though?  If he has a good world cup and a premier league team comes in for him we'd be looking at £5-6m after paying about £1m for him, that's a massive boost to the FFP situation and then we bring DeLaet back and Have Bree as well.  I'd be very happy with that.  I'd say the same for Bjarnason as well.  I'd love them both to play well and see offers because both play in positions where we have depth.
Absolutely, particular if we can somehow keep Grealish and Chester.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1063 on: July 06, 2018, 04:15:54 PM »
Simon Jordan was hinting in his TS speech about us that Cardiff might be in for Kodjia although that might've been a speculative link.

I'd say clubs would wait until January to see how he gets on after the injury. At that point think he'd have 18 months left on his deal.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1064 on: July 06, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »
If we get a reasonable fee I'm not too bothered by him going. I don't think he's ever going to fully recover from those ankle injuries

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal