collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 30990 times)

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Bristol City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2016, 10:54:08 PM »
McCormacks contribution consisted of finding himself in acres of space for a tap in if only Ayew WOULD HAVE GOT HIS FUCKING HEAD UP!
Ha ha! Thanks ,  I suspected as much - I'd get rid, he is another 'me' rather than team man.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2016, 10:58:07 PM »
Still no bottle being shown. Ayew, take the money and cash in, get in a team player, even when he has good games there's not much end product to it all. Gollini, don't rate him yet, wasn't what was needed. A new defence doesn't need a young keeper learning his trade. Very poor today.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »
Five games in and we have looked good for an awful lot of those 5 games. A lot of new players, new management team and new owner will all take time to settle,  understand and build a team. After a defeat like today it's is easy to get very downhearted but we won't turn round 5 years of a losing mentality in 5 or 6 games over 3 weeks. We need to have patience, as hard as it is,  and let the team develop.

The teams that have started well are teams that the vast majority played together last season. It doesn't mean the same teams will finish as strongly, and it doesn't mean we won't learn how to close games out.
I would love to agree with this but I can't. I could take the mixed results at this stage  but I can not accept the way we have capitulated in matches where the opposition had decided to have a go, Luton, Huddersfield (we were lucky not to lose that) and today Bristol City.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2016, 11:42:34 PM »
The other thing is Bristol City, Bristol fcukin City had a game in midweek that went to extra time. We've had a fcukin week off.  Dear God it's shocking.

They didn't even have their best striker today... I notice Kodjia was absent.

Most of their team today didn't play in the LC game.

So they've got a better squad than us then?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2016, 11:43:51 PM »
We should have been so out of sight in the first half that we shouldn't even be talking about goalkeeping or defending. We should be talking about leading 3 or 4 nil and taking the royal piss knocking it about in the second.
Exactly.   At half time I said to my old man we have habit of only playing for one half.   How true.  Ayew cost us the game.   
Special mention to the City fans who never sang once before the goal.  Possibly the poorest home support I have ever seen in 37 years of away games.   
And also the ref who was red in the second half.
And finally Jack,  like a ballerina on speed trying to play with a bunch of numpties , slower than pensioners clad in old fashioned diving bell suits.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:47:55 PM by TonyD »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2016, 11:48:29 PM »
As for Ayew, I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch as long as he did, he was awful.

Clamps the bench was feckin awful which is a big worry that why probably.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2016, 12:29:09 AM »
Dr Tony went to Verona,
In a Ford Corsair,
Bought us back a new goalie,
Who turned into a nightmare.

The writing was on the wall when Gollini failed to hold a shot to his right in the first half. Awful mistake by him for their first goal.

RDM needs to put one of those flames that accompanied the players onto the pitch up Ayew's arse.

Thought Grealish was easily our best player today. The new outfield players need time to gel but that doesn't excuse the attitude of both Ayew and Bacuna in continually failing to track back in the second-half.

Was really impressed with the improvements to Ashton Gate; my first visit since 1982.

Pleased to meet 'dorsetvillian' (Richard), who had my spare ticket.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2016, 01:08:47 AM »
We lose and lose again. It's getting boring.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:56 AM »
Dr Tony went to Verona,
In a Ford Corsair,
Bought us back a new goalie,
Who turned into a nightmare.

The writing was on the wall when Gollini failed to hold a shot to his right in the first half. Awful mistake by him for their first goal.

RDM needs to put one of those flames that accompanied the players onto the pitch up Ayew's arse.

Thought Grealish was easily our best player today. The new outfield players need time to gel but that doesn't excuse the attitude of both Ayew and Bacuna in continually failing to track back in the second-half.

Was really impressed with the improvements to Ashton Gate; my first visit since 1982.

Pleased to meet 'dorsetvillian' (Richard), who had my spare ticket.

Gollini needs taking out of the firing line but with only Bunn that is not an option.  He looks less and less confident and the defence look jittery with him behind them.  I think the young  man has potential but we cannot simply hold onto heartstrings right at the moment, otherwise the likes of Hutton would also be playing.

Ayew  is a decent player but he needs to learn to link up properly with Ross.  As for the Scot himself, he gave a Saunders 110% workout, he needs to stop looking for cheap freekicks  and use his skills more. 

As for Jack well I think he is improving wouldn't say he was our best performer out there today.

Bacuna again is struggling with the right back behind him but this new "team" needs bedding in.  We all want automatic promotion but the chances of the same are slim to say the least.

Are you really sure about the facilities  at Ashton Gate?  It was rammed just inside the turnstiles and the bogs were a  disgrace.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2016, 01:13:18 AM »
The other thing is Bristol City, Bristol fcukin City had a game in midweek that went to extra time. We've had a fcukin week off.  Dear God it's shocking.

They didn't even have their best striker today... I notice Kodjia was absent.

Most of their team today didn't play in the LC game.

So they've got a better squad than us then?

Not really, just that saying they played midweek is irrelevant as most of them that played today didn't play in the LC.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2016, 01:17:49 AM »
Haven't seen Gollini's latest howler but let's face it he's a dud if he's already cost us 3 goals in 5 games. New keeper to go with the "world class" striker.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2016, 01:32:56 AM »
Plenty of keepers look shaky at 21 and I think Gollini has huge potential but we need a better alternative to Bunn, much like we need 2 more strikers and a winger to give us options from the bench. We missed Gestede today, and I think we will hit form for a sustained period and make the play offs this season, but we have to get some options in.

Re the other games, Luton was a different side completely, and Huddersfield, much like today, we should have been out of sight. That adds pressure when you know you should have it won and haven't. Also you get the 2nd goal, and the whole attitude changes. I think we are desperate for someone clinical with movement to play in front of McCormack.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2016, 05:08:09 AM »
RDM has to look at his system, we have a Westwood dress in the centre of midfield therefore we cannot afford 3 attack minded players, especially when Ayew at his best is not a team player, lets go 442 for a while tighten up, grind out results, long season but all is not lost yet, mind you soon will be if RDM does not sort it and quickly.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »
if he doesn't sort it quickly he's toast - the Doctor won't dither over a diagnosis.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2016, 05:52:52 AM »
Agree Mr U, the dithering of the Lerner years will not be repeated.  It must not be repeated.  The notion that we have all the time in the world and that returning to the top flight must be done in easy stages over however long it takes must not be allowed to take root.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal