collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.  (Read 19188 times)

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
Re: The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 06:11:58 PM »
I think one of the main issues is we've got a totally new team and people expect them to gel and perform instantly. I expect by Christmas we'll have a lot better idea of how good (or bad) this team is rather than after five games.
which will be too late for this season

Only if it's as bad as the doom and gloom merchants think it will be. I think we'll do well.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »
I should say 'more pessimistic fans' rather than 'doom and gloom merchants' - I'm not attempting to be antagonistic.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »
Last time we drew a league game that we were losing. January 2016

Last time we won a league game we were losing. December 2014.

Both against Leicester at home.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »
I ache for us to win from a losing position. I think it would make a fuck of a lot of difference to our mentality.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
As long as the latest in a string of managers put Westwood as first name on the team sheet we'll struggle. He's just not good enough - and certainly not good enough as one of the 'two' in the 4-2-3-1 system - neat and tidy but nevertheless ineffective when things are going well, and when things get tough he simply disappears.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2016, 06:21:02 PM »
I blame the fans. We need replacements asap before the window closes.

;D

Seriously, we will be fine. Today sucks but we are going to be at the top of the table by Christmas. We are spending, getting good players, good manager & coaching staff. We will be fine.

edit: completely agreed about Westwood. Honestly he maybe a lovely chap but there is a pattern. When he is in our midfield , we are weaker. We just cant be carrying him anymore.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:22:36 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »
I blame the fans. We need replacements asap before the window closes.

;D

Seriously, we will be fine. Today sucks but we are going to be at the top of the table by Christmas. We are spending, getting good players, good manager & coaching staff. We will be fine.

That sounds a bit like when Ads kept telling us we were gonna "smash this league".
Mind you I hope you're right but I think we need some serious reinforcements before the deadline.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
The biggest step will be extending that opening 45 mins into 60-70 mins. We battered practically every side we played this season for exactly one half - extend that by an extra twenty minutes or so and you add another couple of goals. The main issue is coming out after half time with huge fear. If you've only got one goal, go and get another, quickly. Kill off any hope.

richtheholtender

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:20 PM »
I could never work out why before the season had started nobody was mentioning us for promotion. Not even top six! I can now.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »
It is stunning how mentally feeble we are as a club. It isn't just the players. You'd honestly believe we had a white flag hung over the our changing room door as the players walk out to start a game.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
It is stunning how mentally feeble we are as a club. It isn't just the players. You'd honestly believe we had a white flag hung over the our changing room door as the players walk out to start a game.

The thing is it's hardly surprising considering the mess the club's been in for years now. We were relegated as one of the worst ever PL teams. It's gonna take a monumental effort to turn us around.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »
Our run in the league is now PL45 W4 D10 L31.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 07:04:08 PM »

The thing is it's hardly surprising considering the mess the club's been in for years now. We were relegated as one of the worst ever PL teams. It's gonna take a monumental effort to turn us around.

Without a doubt. The confidence has been chipped away at for a number of years until last year when a sledgehammer was taken to it. What I just don't get right now is the incredibly good starts we make to games and to not simply have the required quality to put sides away. We should have a comfortable 9 points from today, Derby and Huddersfield. Instead it is a pathetic 2 because the clock strikes HT and Cinderella's carriage turns in to a pumpkin and we turn into tramps again.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
Westwood.

Shite. Utter dogshite. Everytime these Mickey Mouse twats come out second half they stop giving that gimp time on the ball and they press into him. I hope it's the last time the c*** plays for us.

It won't be....RDM likes him and in any case we hardly have much depth in CM.

there is no point playing Westwood with Jedi , we need a complete different  type of midfielder than Westwood. 

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »

Without a doubt. The confidence has been chipped away at for a number of years until last year when a sledgehammer was taken to it. What I just don't get right now is the incredibly good starts we make to games and to not simply have the required quality to put sides away. We should have a comfortable 9 points from today, Derby and Huddersfield. Instead it is a pathetic 2 because the clock strikes HT and Cinderella's carriage turns in to a pumpkin and we turn into tramps again.

We have to be more clinical in front of goal. We've missed so many chances this season it's unreal and this is why we're so desperate for a striker. Also we're weak in key areas like the midfield, and I know I sound like a broken record but Westwood has to be replaced because he's conned a career out of Villa when he should have been shown the door after 10 games.
A clean sweep of the old players is needed, and some serious recruitment is needed before Wednesday 11pm else we're gonna be a permanent fixture in the championship.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal