collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 08:15:22 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.  (Read 19056 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.
« on: August 27, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »
O.k we've dropped down a division.

From last summer it was demanded we got in a new owner (tick), get in a relatively proven manager (maybe didn't want Pearson so RDM at least ticked boxes for not being a) Nigel Pearson and b) having a promotion from this division so he knew what was coming this year.

We have slowly changed the team aswell. I wanted proven winners at this level and we've delievered that....Chester, Jedinak, De Laet, Elphick all regulars for promotion winning teams at this level. We also have a proven striker at this level who scores 20 goals at this level with his eyes closed apparently.

And yet we still can't win many football matches!

1 win from 5...that is a poor start.

What is wrong with this club? There should be a freshness about things with the changes but still we're making the same old mistakes....missing chances when on top, collapsing as soon as we concede a goal.

How many managers and overhauls of playing squads before we actually start doing something.

You can understand it at premier league level as we're facing world class players on an annual basis. Not now as these are mediocre teams so the results are much more embarrassment. But then we've had plenty of those in the cup in recent years so maybe it should've been expected as it all has the feeling of cup ties still.

Whatever something is still badly wrong at the club. What is it?

Offline oldham_villa

Re: The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
I'm gonna compare this season with Graham Taylor's first - if we had the internet back then, I'm sure forums like this would have been very sombre places to visit.

We had a poor start, losing to Birmingham City at home, winning only 1 in the first 7 games.  Our second win came in the middle of September, and began the start of our amazing away performances.

There was no such thing as the transfer window then, and the signings of Stuart and Andy Gray helped to improve us further.

We need to address the striker situation, cut out the showboating when we are leading by a goal, and just knuckle down and put our chances away. I'm still hopeful things will improve and we will rise up that league.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »
I still think we'll go up, but christ almighty, we need to start taking advantage when we're on top.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »
It's all about decisions and the decisions being taken at every level including those on the pitch are not good enough.
This club has still not woken up to how serious the situation is, and that includes us fans.
Westwood Bacuna Cissoko still in the team, Ayew with the wrong attitude and a dodgy goalkeeper.
Agbonlahor Lescott and Richards still on the payroll.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
Is there really any need for a new thread? Surely there are enough threads open already to cover our concerns without launching a new (hysterically titled) one.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 05:08:52 PM »
We've signed the best part of a new team.  Maybe they need time to gel.  Maybe the players signed are a bit shit or maybe RDM isn't up to it.  We do know yet, but it isn't necessarily somethings specifically bad at the club.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
Two constants from our shite last few seasons - Westwood and Bacuna - are still in senior roles. It's no surprise to me that with their contributions, we're as solid as a paper aeroplane in a tornado.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »
Our pattern of dominating first halfs without taking our chances and then playing shit in the second half has got to stop.

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12:36 PM »
When the Holte was demolished and rebuilt, I remember some Blues fan ringing up Tom Ross / George Gavin and said his mate, who was a workman on the site, had  put a piece of rubble (or something) from St. Andrews into the Holte foundations  to transfer their famous curse to us.

In these days of political correctness, I am not sure whether I am allowed to specify the type of curse, so will leave it to the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2352837/Birmingham-hope-curse-has-run-course.html

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »
I thought we would go up when we signed McCormack. I've already given up hope.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »
Two constants from our shite last few seasons - Westwood and Bacuna - are still in senior roles. It's no surprise to me that with their contributions, we're as solid as a paper aeroplane in a tornado.

Absolute bollocks.  Two of our better players this season.  It's their fault the whole fucking team collapse in the second half?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
Whenever we concede we fall to pieces - we look like when you play FIFA and your opponent puts their controller down and goes for a piss.

The worst thing is that when we go behind you know there is ZERO chance of us getting back into the match.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
Westwood.

Shite. Utter dogshite. Everytime these Mickey Mouse twats come out second half they stop giving that gimp time on the ball and they press into him. I hope it's the last time the c*** plays for us.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:18:51 PM by Ads »

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 05:17:27 PM »
All opponents have to do is put pressure on us, any kind of pressure, a whipped cross, a close shot, a winger skinning our full back, a couple of corners, and from that point on we collectively shit ourselves. The mentality of the squad/club is so weak, even after signing mentally strong players such as Elphick and Jedinak.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »
Westwood.

Shite. Utter dogshite. Everytime these Mickey Mouse twats come out second half they stop giving that gimp time on the ball and they press into him. I hope it's the last time the c*** plays for us.

It won't be....RDM likes him and in any case we hardly have much depth in CM.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal