collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Dreams  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Villa Dreams
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
Had a crazy crazy dream  last night about our first game in the championship - the fact we've already played four games in real life makes it even stranger. We were playing Brentford and at half time we were 5-10 down. Half our team was current players, the rest ex Villains. At half time our supporters are all going on about when this misery will stop. Second half and they make it 11-5 but then McCormack gets a hattrick as we score the next five making it 11-10, eventually its 13-11them but we scramble two goals in injury time from no less than Julian Joachim and a Gareth Barry penalty and match ends 13 all and the crowd goes nuts. Bizarre. Anybody else had any strange Villa dreams lately? I'm sure we all get them.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Villa Dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:31:40 AM »
You see kids - don't do drugs :o

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:33:48 AM »
I am actually on lemsips and Vicks for a cold at the mo so you never know

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 08:38:02 AM »
Is that what they are calling crack nowadays  ;)

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »
Had a crazy crazy dream  last night about our first game in the championship - the fact we've already played four games in real life makes it even stranger. We were playing Brentford and at half time we were 5-10 down. Half our team was current players, the rest ex Villains. At half time our supporters are all going on about when this misery will stop. Second half and they make it 11-5 but then McCormack gets a hattrick as we score the next five making it 11-10, eventually its 13-11them but we scramble two goals in injury time from no less than Julian Joachim and a Gareth Barry penalty and match ends 13 all and the crowd goes nuts. Bizarre. Anybody else had any strange Villa dreams lately? I'm sure we all get them.

I thought their 12th goal was offside. And we should have had a penalty when it was 10-4 to them, and that changed the game.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 09:09:02 AM »

Reminded me of the game my dad told me about vs Man Utd in 1948.

We score straight from the kick off, but 1-5 down at half time to the mancs at home in the cup.

Second half we score another three to get to 4-5, and have a chance to make it 5-5 late on, but they score straight afterwards for 4-6. All infront of nearly 59,000.

Some details here...

http://www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-manchester-united-10-january-1948-209580/

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 09:36:41 AM »
I had a dream that Gabby was found guilty of substance abuse and came to me for help...he was sacked

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 09:39:15 AM »
I had a dream that Villa won the FA Cup in my lifetime.

Run that Brentford one by me again, it's more realistic...

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 09:44:53 AM »
I dreamt that Doug Ellis came on as sub (at his actual age - it was about 80-odd at the time) and scored a late winner or equaliser with an overhead kick.

Other details I've forgotten but it was a genuine dream.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 09:50:18 AM »

We score straight from the kick off, but 1-5 down at half time to the mancs at home in the cup.

Second half we score another three to get to 4-5, and have a chance to make it 5-5 late on, but they score straight afterwards for 4-6. All infront of nearly 59,000.

Some details here...

http://www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-manchester-united-10-january-1948-209580/

My Old Man was at that match, always went on about it.  Also it was the year I was born.  Why I should put that in the post I don't know. 

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 05:48:15 PM »

Some details here...

My Old Man was at that match, always went on about it.  Also it was the year I was born.  Why I should put that in the post I don't know. 

Mine as well, never shut up about it bless him...

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »

Some details here...

We hit the woodwork at 4-5 and they went up the other end and scored apparently.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 06:23:43 AM »
Overnight I dreamt that I was watching us play Bristol City at 'an even more decrepit than the real one' Hawthorns. I walked straight out of the sea, up West Bromwich beach (!) and into the ground. It took me ages to find my ticket because I kept fishing ones for places like Norwich out of my pocket. The seat numbering was bewildering,too.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 06:50:19 AM »

Some details here...

We hit the woodwork at 4-5 and they went up the other end and scored apparently.

Mine too. He died 4 years ago but it still sticks in my mind

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal