collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is the Championship friendlier ?  (Read 10478 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Is the Championship friendlier ?
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:00:35 PM »
Two home matches in and I must say that the atmosphere in and around the ground, before and after the games 'feels' much friendlier than it has done for a long,long time.

Away fans seem to want to chat in the pub before the game, on the approach to the ground, and surprisingly after the game walking away from VP.

Maybe its just my perception, but its definitely an improvement on previous years.

I sure it'll all be just as personable when the 'Rags' and 'Dingles' come to play  ;) 

Online sid1964

Re: Is the Championship friendlier ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »
Bristol City away will be interesting!

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:08:56 PM »
Two home matches in and I must say that the atmosphere in and around the ground, before and after the games 'feels' much friendlier than it has done for a long,long time.

Away fans seem to want to chat in the pub before the game, on the approach to the ground, and surprisingly after the game walking away from VP.

Maybe its just my perception, but its definitely an improvement on previous years.

I sure it'll all be just as personable when the 'Rags' and 'Dingles' come to play  ;) 

Not to sound patronising, but I'm sure it's a big day out for some of the teams' fans which probably helps to make it more of a fun event.

Offline martin

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »
The likes of Leedz, Toon, Bloose and Wolves should take care of all that. Agree generally though; the dumb hype of the Premier League and the wall pissing rivalry ante will probably be largely absent. Let's hope we're not in it long enough to develop any enduring new rivalries.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
The weather has helped! Nice to be at a night match in a t-shirt and feeling hot...

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »
Met some Rotherham fans after the game on Saturday. Decent lads. One of them was in a right strop though and said Villa Park was a shit hole!  His mates soon put him right and one had quite a detailed knowledge of our ground including how many semi finals we had held and how his grandad came here in the 60s and got drunk with some villa fans in the old "rat pan" and missed his bus home.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
I had the feeling it was going to be like a whole season of early home rounds in the League Cup but the big attendances have helped to generate a much better than expected atmosphere.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 01:45:06 PM »

Not to sound patronising, but I'm sure it's a big day out for some of the teams' fans which probably helps to make it more of a fun event.

I've never seen so many away fans taking photo's of the ground as I did last night.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 01:50:17 PM »
I had the feeling it was going to be like a whole season of early home rounds in the League Cup but the big attendances have helped to generate a much better than expected atmosphere.

I was also concerned about smaller crowds and a poor atmosphere due to a hangover from last season. The atmosphere has been excellent at both home games. Put it this way, I don't think Dr T will have to do a half time Delia to whip us up. Sitting towards the bottom of the Holte with most of the noise coming from behind has been great and my son has been buzzing. We had spent the last six years in the lower North mainly listening to gloating away fans.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »
Bristol City away will be interesting!

Why?

Online sid1964

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »
Not the most friendliest of fans, as anyone who has been there will tell you.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 02:04:39 PM »

The City fans have been fine whenever I've been to Aston Gate. Can't remember seeing any trouble.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »

The City fans have been fine whenever I've been to Aston Gate. Can't remember seeing any trouble.

There should be a statue of me outside Ashton Gate. I spent thirty seasons managing them on Championship manager 2000, taking them from the bottom division to the top flight and winning more Premier League titles and Champions League titles than Alex Ferguson. My main man was a free transfer striker from Spurs by the name of Dave McEwan who I picked up as a youngster for free. I must Google him as I have never heard of him in the real football world. Obviously he couldn't do it in the real football world.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 02:15:32 PM »
Loved Bristol City when I went there with Preston and found it really friendly and fun.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 02:20:44 PM »

There should be a statue of me outside Ashton Gate. I spent thirty seasons managing them on Championship manager 2000, taking them from the bottom division to the top flight and winning more Premier League titles and Champions League titles than Alex Ferguson. My main man was a free transfer striker from Spurs by the name of Dave McEwan who I picked up as a youngster for free. I must Google him as I have never heard of him in the real football world. Obviously he couldn't do it in the real football world.
are the players not all automatically generated by the time you are 30 saesons in?!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal