collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mile Jedinak - Released  (Read 169801 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Mile Jedinak - signed
« Reply #1140 on: February 09, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »
well the next time we get a load of people moaning why Smith is playing fucking whelan again, well that's why he's playing fucking whelan again.

Playing Whelan from the start is a mistake. He absolutely changes the manner in which we play. We are so much deeper and there is a massive gap between the midfield and forwards so we end up whacking it long way too often. He has offered next to nothing going forward and is too slow and old to offer anything defensively for 90 minutes.

I’m one of his biggest critics and Whelan did well when he came on last night. I wouldn’t suggest otherwise. But he’s not the answer at all. He’s a player you bring on late or in specific situations for 15-20 minutes. And last night he replaced a very ineffective Jedinak so it made him stand out even more.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1141 on: February 09, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
65.9% PA last night from 41 passes. Tammy was the only outfield player on either side to be lower. Despite only being on the pitch half an hour Whelan had 29 passes with a 89.7% PA.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1142 on: February 09, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »
Jedinak did at least look quite fit again. He just looked very rusty but he has done in the past in his first couple of games back. We have always had far better results with a fit and fully functioning Jedinak in the team and if he's got a bit more in the tank still i'd persevere.

As for Hourahane, he's just a massive piss flap of a footballer, the quicker Grealish comes back to relieve him of his duties the better.

The results thing isn’t true any more. He was especially poor away at Sheff U.

Yes but that was when he was playing centre back and was a liability there, part of the reason we were shipping so many goals. Playing in his correct midfield position might be different. Or maybe not, but if he's fit I'd like to see him given the chance.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1143 on: February 10, 2019, 12:22:00 AM »
Jedinak is just not a player I see ever fitting in with how Smith would like us to play. He may well have to use him between now and the summer but I doubt he'll be particularly effective because he just can't pass.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1144 on: February 10, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »
Can anyone think of a villa midfieldsr with worse passing than jedi?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1145 on: February 10, 2019, 10:53:28 AM »
As a sub when we're defending a lead he might still have his uses - like against Ipswich the other week (was he a sub or starter in that?) but I wouldn't trust him for more than a 30 minute appearance here and there.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1146 on: February 10, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »
well the next time we get a load of people moaning why Smith is playing fucking whelan again, well that's why he's playing fucking whelan again.

Playing Whelan from the start is a mistake. He absolutely changes the manner in which we play. We are so much deeper and there is a massive gap between the midfield and forwards so we end up whacking it long way too often. He has offered next to nothing going forward and is too slow and old to offer anything defensively for 90 minutes.

I’m one of his biggest critics and Whelan did well when he came on last night. I wouldn’t suggest otherwise. But he’s not the answer at all. He’s a player you bring on late or in specific situations for 15-20 minutes. And last night he replaced a very ineffective Jedinak so it made him stand out even more.

well I agree with you. My point is he's rubbish and shot, but he's slightly less rubbish and shot than jedinak, and barring some talent in the youth team emerging, we're stuck with either or until the end of the season.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1147 on: February 10, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »

well I agree with you. My point is he's rubbish and shot, but he's slightly less rubbish and shot than jedinak, and barring some talent in the youth team emerging, we're stuck with either or until the end of the season.

Until Jack comes back and we dont need to play either of them.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1148 on: February 10, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
hmmm. who's going to do the tackling or any sort of defensive responsibilities?

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1149 on: February 10, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »

We didn’t need it during the nice little November run, so I’d suggest we don’t need it when he’s back. You can of course remind me of this when we keep conceding 3 per game.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1150 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:11 PM »

We didn’t need it during the nice little November run, so I’d suggest we don’t need it when he’s back. You can of course remind me of this when we keep conceding 3 per game.

heh, well you have a point I guess. It's not like we have anyone who can do the job to a half decent level anyway.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1151 on: February 11, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »
Through most of his time with us we have always picked up more points with him in the team despite his deficiencies. I think what we are seeing now is that you can't bring a half fit ageing player in midway through the season, and think we may have his last appearance for us after that last showing.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1152 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:54 PM »
He was pretty shit at the weekend it must be said.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1153 on: February 12, 2019, 12:14:54 AM »
He's been a bit of a strange one really.  He's been effective in many of the games he has played, but then has had the tendency to throw in a really awful, half-hearted performance now and again. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1154 on: February 12, 2019, 07:17:04 AM »
He was pretty shit at the weekend it must be said.

I think him and Kodjia were brought in at the weekend to add a bit of height as Sheffield were quite a big team. It just didn't work very well unfortunately.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal