collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mile Jedinak - Released  (Read 170720 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Mile Jedinak - signed
« Reply #915 on: July 14, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
At no point was he great. You just look through the comments on him to show that he was equally poor and decent. very average overall in a very average team.

Why do i need to look at other people's comments to alter my own opinion? I thought he did a great job overall.

Because it gives a general indicator to whether you're right or wrong. Throughout the season there were times when people thought he was good and at times they thought he was poor. not one person said he was 'great'overall. Therefore, it maybe that after the show your viewpoint may be coloured by the sands of time. I look back on the late 70s with much fondness but if most people around at the time were to say the opposite I'd probably think my opinion may be wrong and coloured by personal influences shielding me from the truth.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:42:52 PM by peter w »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #916 on: July 14, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »
https://t.co/Tn4i46nKbl?amp=1

Per this, Bruce at least considering the 352. On the left back cover if amavi leaves:

“But we do have options.

“I’ve always got Nathan Baker in my mind. I’m not opposed to playing him there.

“Swirling around in my brain is going back to three centre-backs so we’ll see where that leaves us.”

This bit sums up I really don't rate Bruce as a manager.  Having alternative formations that you've worked on a bit as a backup within a game is one thing, not having a team shape firmly in mind when you're shopping for players is shocking.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #917 on: July 14, 2017, 09:59:42 PM »
At no point was he great. You just look through the comments on him to show that he was equally poor and decent. very average overall in a very average team.

Why do i need to look at other people's comments to alter my own opinion? I thought he did a great job overall.

Because it gives a general indicator to whether you're right or wrong. Throughout the season there were times when people thought he was good and at times they thought he was poor. not one person said he was 'great'overall. Therefore, it maybe that after the show your viewpoint may be coloured by the sands of time. I look back on the late 70s with much fondness but if most people around at the time were to say the opposite I'd probably think my opinion may be wrong and coloured by personal influences shielding me from the truth.

But I watched him a lot last season and I thought he did well. Other people's opinions are not going to change my mind, why should they? It would be a bit like buying a book, enjoying it then changing your mind after reading the crap reviews on Amazon.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #918 on: July 14, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »

But I watched him a lot last season and I thought he did well. Other people's opinions are not going to change my mind, why should they? It would be a bit like buying a book, enjoying it then changing your mind after reading the crap reviews on Amazon.

Indeed. How does looking at what other people have said 'show' he was equally poor and decent? It doesn't, it just shows what some other people who have been arsed to talk about him on a thread think.

It's probably even a skewed sample as people are most likely to post about him if they've got a strong opinion one way or the other.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #919 on: July 14, 2017, 10:46:12 PM »

Per this, Bruce at least considering the 352. On the left back cover if amavi leaves:

“But we do have options.

“Swirling around in my brain is going back to three centre-backs so we’ll see where that leaves us.”

This bit sums up I really don't rate Bruce as a manager.  Having alternative formations that you've worked on a bit as a backup within a game is one thing, not having a team shape firmly in mind when you're shopping for players is shocking.
Agree, it this is not muddled thinking I don't know what is.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #920 on: July 14, 2017, 11:02:21 PM »
I know that when he was in the team my eyes were telling me no one was getting the better of him . I was always felt more confident we'd get a positive result with him in the team.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #921 on: July 15, 2017, 08:52:44 AM »
keep     

if he stays injury free , he is important to this team

Id be more happier with Terry and Jedi in the team.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #922 on: July 15, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »

“But we do have options.

This for me

Bruce had 36 games and still doesnt know what formation to play

Our shape and balance never looked right, time will tell and he has got to get it right and quickly

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #923 on: July 15, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
Not a Bruce fan, but he got more out of Jedi than RDM. Keep Jedi

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #924 on: July 15, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

Indeed. How does looking at what other people have said 'show' he was equally poor and decent? It doesn't, it just shows what some other people who have been arsed to talk about him on a thread think.

It's probably even a skewed sample as people are most likely to post about him if they've got a strong opinion one way or the other.

Right I get it, so the answer is don't bother to debate??

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #925 on: July 15, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »

“But we do have options.

It's a pig in a poke, isn't it. 

Stick players on the pitch and see what happens.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #926 on: July 15, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »
We need the Jedi this season.

He'll be gone as soon as we finish in the top two. Cough, cough.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #927 on: July 15, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »

Depends on what criteria he's being judged on I suppose.  If you are quite a direct side and you want a defensive midfielder who can shield the defence, win second balls and just do the simple things, then I would say he is effective.  If you want a defensive midfielder who intercepts play more, gets the ball off the defence and can control the tempo of the game through his passing, then that's not him. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #928 on: July 15, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »
He's good at what he does, but I think his main 'job' is to hide defensive and midfield deficiencies.  We look more solid when he's in the side, but that comes at a cost in terms of pace, passing and creativity.  I'd rather have a much more solid defence and not need him to be honest.  Hopefully Terry [spit] might make that more likely.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #929 on: July 15, 2017, 01:20:30 PM »
I don't think we need him at home. I'm hopeful we will add some more pace out wide and maintain the template against Brighton.

High midfield pressing, getting Hourihane and Lansbury (who are box to box anyway) really pressing to win that ball back where they can do more damage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal