collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:16:54 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:08:40 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mile Jedinak - Released  (Read 171002 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Mile Jedinak - signed
« Reply #900 on: July 14, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »
We had 14 games last season where Jedinak didn't play for us, 5 of them were played before he signed. We won 1 of those 14, Rotherham at home.

Yeah but we finished 13th durh. Or something.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #901 on: July 14, 2017, 06:13:20 PM »
Jedinak must stay. He can also play in defence to great effect. We need to keep experienced players.

Offline peter w

« Reply #902 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »
From october:

Most of the headers he won went backwards and put the defence under pressure. I'm not normally one for writing off players so soon bur he clearly has lost his legs and cannot sustain a place if we're to progress. A midfield dominator is a priority for Brucie. I was really impressed with Woods for Brentford and I think he would be a great signing for us.

He's crap

Most Aussies in sport give their all and hate to lose.  He looks to be the exception.  Perhaps tonight he will be worth his place but I am not over confident.  It is not even that he has been poor, he has been downright bad.

November:

Sounds like Bruce has already ruled him out the Brighton game. That will be a big blow for us as he's been one our better players recently. Amazing as after the Wolves game I just thought we had
bought a dud.

Jedinak has steadily improved in the last 5-6 matches. Steve Bruce was aware of getting legs around mile in order to get best out of him. I think with a useful midfield addition in window then he'll get even better

A month or so ago most of us thought he was shit, now we need another one like him. As a famous philosopher once said, "it's a funny old game".

December:

I thought he was by far our best player, albeit he messed up for the second goal

Jedi's control is poor at times and he's prone to just hoof/head the ball straight up in the air

Now officially the worst midfielder at the club.

That's not an easy title to have when you look at the other players we have.

He really is a shockingly bad player. Can't pass, can't run, can't tackle, can't control. The game just passes him by. Awful.

january

Bloody terrible today

Worst passer of a ball I've seen in a villa midfield

And I include leonharden and reo-Coker in that

February

Jedinak does what he does, ok at times and not at others

He like everyone else improves when not in the side but given his age, injuries and not being able to play 3 games in a week his part should be a bit part one and nothing more

March:

2 things:

1 - His stamina is a joke. It's like he can't stay on the pitch for more than hour or he'll turn into a pumpkin.

2 - He offers the defence all the protection of a tissue paper condom.

The point of those is to show that he was crap as much as good. I think PWS stats were that with him we won 10 and lost 6, without him we won 1 and lost 6. I think that tends to show that we were an up and down team rather than Jedinak having much of a consistent input.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #903 on: July 14, 2017, 06:19:00 PM »
Yet Micah Richards quietly steals a wage with no sign of him being binned, ever.
I really do love seeing him pissing himself laughing during any shots of the players training. Or when he occasionally has to sit on the bench to make up the numbers.
Wage thief doesn't do him justice.

I was thinking about Richards when people were deliberating how best to spend Jedinak's 38k/wk wages.

I can't stand Richards. I thought he would be easy to shift last season but looks like we are stuck with him. Must be something we don't know or just stupid wages.

Offline peter w

« Reply #904 on: July 14, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »
That and he's crap.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #905 on: July 14, 2017, 06:23:28 PM »
I thought Jedinak was great last season after he settled in. He did the kind of job he came in to do.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #906 on: July 14, 2017, 06:24:26 PM »
Without W1 D5 L8
With W15 D9 L10

Offline peter w

« Reply #907 on: July 14, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »
At no point was he great. You just look through the comments on him to show that he was equally poor and decent. very average overall in a very average team.

Offline peter w

« Reply #908 on: July 14, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »
Without W1 D5 L8
With W15 D9 L10

But that only works if you look at other players, systems, systems played against, and whether the moon was aligned with jupiter. gary garnder could also have equally decent stats (no idea) but stats aren't reliant on one player. Unless its Kodjia I guess.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #909 on: July 14, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
At no point was he great. You just look through the comments on him to show that he was equally poor and decent. very average overall in a very average team.

Why do i need to look at other people's comments to alter my own opinion? I thought he did a great job overall.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #910 on: July 14, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »
Jedinak is the sort of player who is important to team but is also massively restrictive in how we play.  If we want to 442 then he can't really be one of the 2 as you can't have one of the 2 in the centre who cannot pass, which means we're always looking to get 3 in there.  Given Bruce wants 2 up top that forces us to abandon width, be lopsided or play wing backs, all of which are pretty shitty options.

I don't know the right answer to this but I'm fairly certain it doesn't involve selling him to fund a move for Whelan.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #911 on: July 14, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
Jedinak is the sort of player who is important to team but is also massively restrictive in how we play.  If we want to 442 then he can't really be one of the 2 as you can't have one of the 2 in the centre who cannot pass, which means we're always looking to get 3 in there.  Given Bruce wants 2 up top that forces us to abandon width, be lopsided or play wing backs, all of which are pretty shitty options.

I don't know the right answer to this but I'm fairly certain it doesn't involve selling him to fund a move for Whelan.

Pretty much agree. My hope was we'd get in a younger alternative who could graduate into the team and allow us to play 442 or 4411. Doesn't look like that's happening though

The Mail think Bruce's answer is 352. But 3 CBs plus Jedinak, and two wing backs who are more back than wing . . Well it's hard to see that team passing the ball way or scoring a lot of goals, even with two strikers

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #912 on: July 14, 2017, 07:53:22 PM »
I can't see us doing anything other than a variant of 442.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #913 on: July 14, 2017, 08:02:22 PM »
I can't see us doing anything other than a variant of 442.

I agree, which is why I think there might be something to the rumours.  I suspect that's why he wants Whelan as he sees him as being able to keep the ball moving whilst offering a similar level of protection.  I don't see it but I get why he's looking at it.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #914 on: July 14, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
https://t.co/Tn4i46nKbl?amp=1

Per this, Bruce at least considering the 352. On the left back cover if amavi leaves:

“But we do have options.

“I’ve always got Nathan Baker in my mind. I’m not opposed to playing him there.

“Swirling around in my brain is going back to three centre-backs so we’ll see where that leaves us.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal