collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Games moved for TV  (Read 19230 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Games moved for TV
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »
The most annoying thing about the Newcastle game is not so much the distance on a weeknight, but if either of us (well, them) reach the 5th round of the cup our game won't be that weekend. How are you supposed to make plans, book days off work etc when you don't know if the game will definitely be on that day?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2016, 12:33:15 AM »
The League statement says that if either team are involved in the 5th round of the cup the Newcastle game will revert to Saturday 18 Feb and not on TV. 
What a daft bloody statement - there'll be a cup game to play.

It also says... Sky Sports and the EFL have made a joint commitment to ensure clubs and supporters are given at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any matches selected for live television coverage.

The 4th rnd of the cup is only 3 weeks before the 5th (and replays 10/11 days before) so the only way we'll know for sure 5 weeks beforehand is if both teams gets knocked out in the 3rd rnd without going to replays. It seems to me they're bending the rules to ensure they get this fixture.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
At least it's only our away games being changed, imagine the uproar if it was all of our home matches.

We'll end the season having been on telly twice or three times more than last season. I wonder how the TV money will compare.

I'd rather it was the home games they fucked with. At least most of our fans won't need to book a day off work when that happens (with sympathy to those such as Ads that have to travel from further afield).

Offline Chris87

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »
Brighton v Leeds will be the 5th straight Leeds game to be live on TV. Then our home game is live and they have a couple more in Jan. I wonder what percentage of live Division 2 games so far have featured us, Newcastle or Leeds.

Sky showing us play Leeds twice in less than a month is crazy.

I was going to go to one of the Forest or Newcastle matches, but I can't do an 8pm on a Monday night. Hopefully I will be able to get a ticket for Forest.
We'll only get 2000 for Forest, will sell out in a couple of days.

Yeah, I don't think I will have enough away games to be in with a chance - only have the three at the moment and will need at least 5.

Been thinking about it today and I will probably go to the Newcastle match - have to use a bit of holiday allowance and take a long weekend!

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 04:55:19 PM »
Brum Mail

Moved by 15 minutes!

Aston Villa’s match with Fulham in April has been selected for Sky Sports coverage, the Football League has confirmed.

The match at Craven Cottage on Easter Bank Holiday Monday has been switched to a 2:45pm kick-off rather than the originally scheduled 3pm.

Villa have been omitted from television selections throughout March as the Championship promotion race takes top billing.

But Villa’s huge audiences have led Sky to come calling once again.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 05:17:33 PM »
Get in! We lose every time on telly but we still pull in the punters. #ClassIsPermanent

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
I shall be down at the caravan for that game so can now watch it in the pub.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »
At least it's only our away games being changed, imagine the uproar if it was all of our home matches.

We'll end the season having been on telly twice or three times more than last season. I wonder how the TV money will compare.

I'd rather it was the home games they fucked with. At least most of our fans won't need to book a day off work when that happens (with sympathy to those such as Ads that have to travel from further afield).
Leeds are always on as I read they pull in 500k more viewers than the rest of the league. I imagine we're close to that figure as well.  Hence why WBA and Stoke are hardly ever on Sky :)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2017, 06:42:59 PM »
I shall be down at the caravan for that game so can now watch it in the pub.

Hark at you with your mobile home.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »

Leeds are always on as I read they pull in 500k more viewers than the rest of the league. I imagine we're close to that figure as well.  Hence why WBA and Stoke are hardly ever on Sky :)

More than us and Newcastle?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2017, 06:59:30 PM »
Looks like only games up to 17/4 have been announced

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:54 PM »
That was close, I risked buying tickets for the rattler at lunchtime.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2017, 08:15:53 PM »
Just a quick question hopefully someone can answer, I've bought a couple of tickets for Wednesday at Home via the online ticket office and paid via Visa Debit. Do they now just post me the tickets as there was no indication of how I get my hands on them. I don't go very often now and when I do I just buy the tickets on the day at the ground.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
on the basis that the Fulham game on Bank holiday will be a sell out

you can still get seats in the neutral/mixed section end at £25

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
Loss to Fulham it is, then. 

We'll just have to win every game between now and April 17.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal