collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 538376 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #3600 on: November 06, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »
If only it was that simple Clampy, yes we are just about in my mind average at the moment, I have seen us a dam sight worse, but even if they were eye bleeding painful to watch, which at times in the years I have supported them we have been, I would still proudly acclaim to all and sundry that I am a Villa fan and proud. Does not mean I cannot come onto a Villa's fans page and do what Brummie's do best, moan and then moan some more, especially when I believe I have cause.

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to come on and have a moan of course it is. I just found Diablo's post so way over the top. The football is heartbreaking and makes him want to punch things? Really?
Heartbreaking, 6 more months of watching this turgid shit, makes me want to punch things and people, if there's a god I pray to him to make it stop.

Then don't watch it then.
Clampy thanks for the advice but you seem to have missed the fact that this comment was about our illustrious leaders emoji twitter post (whilst I personally think the football is pretty dire at times, rest assured that no things, people or animals were harmed in the making of this post ;-)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:10:06 AM by Diablo »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3601 on: November 06, 2017, 11:22:05 AM »
I think Clampy completely missed the point of the posts. Sad face, crying, unicorn, doctor emoji.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3602 on: November 06, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »
His actual meaning of the tweet is this - which is interesting.

Upon including the number six in his original tweet, Xia went on to explain: “It’s not meaning top 6... means we are 6 points short...”

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3603 on: November 06, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
If only it was that simple Clampy, yes we are just about in my mind average at the moment, I have seen us a dam sight worse, but even if they were eye bleeding painful to watch, which at times in the years I have supported them we have been, I would still proudly acclaim to all and sundry that I am a Villa fan and proud. Does not mean I cannot come onto a Villa's fans page and do what Brummie's do best, moan and then moan some more, especially when I believe I have cause.

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to come on and have a moan of course it is. I just found Diablo's post so way over the top. The football is heartbreaking and makes him want to punch things? Really?
Heartbreaking, 6 more months of watching this turgid shit, makes me want to punch things and people, if there's a god I pray to him to make it stop.

Clampy thanks for the advice but you seem to have missed the fact that this comment was about our illustrious leaders emoji twitter post (whilst I personally think the football is pretty dire at times, rest assured that no things, people or animals were harmed in the making of this post ;-)

Just seen the tweet again and I get it now. Apologies.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #3604 on: November 06, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »

Just seen the tweet again and I get it now. Apologies.

Cheers Clampy no problem :-)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3605 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »
Pretty cool.

Dr Tony is back in town next week for our home matches against Sunderland and Ipswich Town – and you could enjoy one of those games in his company.

Our popular owner is welcoming four Villans and a guest each to enjoy the matchday experience with him for the back-to-back home games.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/11/15/sit-with-xia-for-sunderland-and-ipswich

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3606 on: November 17, 2017, 02:41:48 PM »
it would be like sitting next to Hong Kong Fuey on industrial strength crack if we mess up any of those 2

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3607 on: November 17, 2017, 11:14:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/931530723386904577

Jesus Christ.

The chairman running the squad through a powerpoint about smart cities in a room with one of his motivational quotes stencilled on the wall.

Hmmm.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3608 on: November 17, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »
Presumably they all left having bought property in China.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3609 on: November 18, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »

Jesus Christ.

The chairman running the squad through a powerpoint about smart cities in a room with one of his motivational quotes stencilled on the wall.

Hmmm.

I would sooner have that than an owner who doesnt give a shit.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #3610 on: November 18, 2017, 07:28:21 AM »
I would rather he be in a room with Steve Bruce telling him get it sorted, where we are at the moment is not good enough, sort it or bye bye.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3611 on: November 18, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Hmmm.

I would sooner have that than an owner who doesnt give a shit.

Agreed. I don’t see a problem in this at all. It might not be the most sophisticated audience he’s ever presented in front of but doesn’t mean the players shouldn’t get a glimpse into the world of the owner. He clearly cares about the club and his other work which we all hope in time will benefit the club and the city.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3612 on: November 18, 2017, 01:21:13 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Hmmm.

Feck me what an ego!
Mind you I’d take Xia over the previous owner every single day of the week. At least he’s interested.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3613 on: November 18, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
What has that awful green colour got to do with Aston Villa?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3614 on: November 18, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Hmmm.

Feck me what an ego!
Mind you I’d take Xia over the previous owner every single day of the week. At least he’s interested.
Randy gave a presentation on everything I know about running a successful Sports Team, it was short.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal