collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 10:33:16 PM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 10:29:04 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 10:27:37 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:16:54 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541075 times)

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #855 on: August 27, 2016, 09:40:01 PM »
I wonder if "his lesson learned" (RM etc.) is that Ayew isn't the solution? Any other that performed way below expected?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2016, 10:23:13 PM »
For the sake of balance I am not convinced about RDM.

For the sake of additional balance, he has Steve Clarke sitting next to him, somebody with far more experience. Whether he decides to listen is another matter. I suggest he does while he has the chance.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #857 on: August 27, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »
I would have been happy with Steve Clarke as manager.  I am not unhappy with RDM just not convinced yet by the five league games, Luton and the Boro warm up.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #858 on: August 27, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »
I think it's a bit early to be questioning RDM. He's had no time really to turn around this club. The new players need to settle.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #859 on: August 27, 2016, 10:38:31 PM »
I think it's a bit early to be questioning RDM. He's had no time really to turn around this club. The new players need to settle.

Agreed. Ron Atkinson only won two of his first seven I think, Brian Little didn't win any of his first four or five. For Di  Matteo's job to be on the line would be crazy after five games.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #860 on: August 27, 2016, 10:42:57 PM »

I agree. He's brought a lot of players in and he deserves time and our support to sort it out.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #861 on: August 27, 2016, 10:43:59 PM »
Same here, Brian. I was never a fan of RDM as manager but fully supported the RDM/Clarke combo. All the Sandra Bullocks about Champions league winner means nothing to me. We need first and foremost, a team of fighters that will go to places like Bristol and get the result. I hope together they can get the message through to the players otherwise Xia will pull the trigger with a ready made replacement with initialed tracksuits already produced and distributed to the new manager.

Xia was supposed to piss off on Wednesday after all his hard work in turning us around and making sure the manager got what he wanted. I'd don't imagine he's the type to appreciate having his plans disrupted. The patience of St Randy I very much doubt he has. Like many of us, he's (literally) banking on automatic promotion.

He's also stated how difficult it is to operate in the loans business. That job just got much harder trying to sell to a player a club sitting in 16th position in the bloody Championship, 1 point above the relegation zone.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #862 on: August 28, 2016, 12:47:14 AM »
How can you question RDM after just 5 games  and the mess he inherited.

We are not Leeds, in patches we have played well.   How can  you possibly place at the door of RDM the lapse in form of Ayew?  He needs to learn how to play with Ross. 

I am a realist and know we have little chance of automatic  promotion once by brain engages.

The whole "project" needs  bedding  in.  The likes of Pearson and Moyes are not exactly uprooting trees.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #863 on: August 28, 2016, 02:33:42 AM »
Loving this.. crazy as it is..

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia 2h2 hours ago

TVZ @TheVillaZone
Do you want Enner Valencia? #AVFC (poll added)

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted TVZ

No needs to vote. I called a stop after I watched three games!

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #864 on: August 28, 2016, 05:23:09 AM »
He is a total reversal of what we were use to for 10 years, good or  bad not yet sure, but definatly different. A younger and more connected with social media chairman is what we have at the moment, emotional and at times finger happy, but RDM may go, whoever else he employs may go, but he will not until he is ready, so the phrase "get use to it" apply's.
Maybe his big talk is with RDM and the coaching staff and to be fair at the moment that maybe needed.

Offline brian green

« Reply #865 on: August 28, 2016, 06:08:22 AM »
Like you Rudy I was never a fan of RDM but he and his team have my full support.  However, for me, the priority remains to see the games and assess them truthfully.  If there is writing on the wall it has to be read.  Where there is weakness it has to be addressed.  Where there are strengths they have to be used.   Only a fool would expect a team full of new players to be an instant success but the bedding in process is not a natural phenomenon that will just happen in its own good time.  It has to be made to happen.  It is what good managers and coaches do.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #866 on: August 28, 2016, 06:28:29 AM »
Talking of getting rid of Roberto is ridiculous. We've gotta show a bit of patience with 6 new players in the team. In parts we look good just need to show a bit of composure when we concede.

We do not want to become Leeds

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #867 on: August 28, 2016, 06:43:33 AM »

I agree. He's brought a lot of players in and he deserves time and our support to sort it out.

Agreed,sir.

Offline brian green

« Reply #868 on: August 28, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
I have not seen anybody suggest getting rid of RDM.  I certainly have not.  What I want from him and his team is some evidence that they are addressing the problems.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #869 on: August 28, 2016, 07:56:06 AM »
I have seen people saying sack him Brian. Stupid in my opinion

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal