collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How excited are you about this season?  (Read 12037 times)

Online Deano's Mullet

How excited are you about this season?
« on: August 04, 2016, 09:01:48 AM »
First time I've felt like this since summer of 2013 - I cant wait. Not sure how we'll do but the thought of playing different teams and maybe even winning some games feels a right buzz. New signings, some of the deadwood already starting to leave. I like the chairmans positivity although he needs to reign in twitter a bit. Hows everyone else feeling?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: How excited are you about this season?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:58:24 AM »
I can't remember why the summer of 2013 was exciting?

I'm not very excited tbh, but I think that's because my holiday means I am missing most of the early games and it feels like the season doesn't start for another month. I feel a bit weird about not being there for the start of the new campaign, especially in these circumstances. I am thinking of getting Jane to tell everyone around us that I haven't renewed, but I'm a bit worried that they'd all be delighted!

I feel more anxious I think. The whole 'winning a few games' thing - we don't know that yet. If it doesn't happen (quickly), the atmosphere will be worse than ever, and I'm kind of dreading that it could go that way.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »
I've got tickets for the first 2 away games..I've been to 3 away games in 2 Years. I'm excited.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 10:09:09 AM »
It's going to be different.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
Excited. We'll bladder this shit house of a league.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 10:38:22 AM »
Very excited, but also a a tad nervous. Think we will do really well though.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:54:33 PM by ASHTONVILLA »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:42:23 AM »
Scared but looking forward to our upcoming games more than I would be if we were playing Stoke or Man fucking U.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »
Excited. Some different teams to play, a new era off the pitch, encouraging new signings and the prospect that we might actually win occasionally. Onwards and upwards!

Offline DangeAVFC

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »
Excited, New teams to play, new stadiums to visit, new management and ownership. Just hope we can finish in the top 6 and secure a playoff spot. Its gonna be a tough league but one i'm looking forward to. Roll on Sunday

Online aj2k77

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 10:59:44 AM »
Not excited yet, more apprehensive because we haven't done enough business as yet in my eyes. I'd also like a few more of the shithouses out. More of them gone and 2/3 more signings and I'll be excited.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 11:20:31 AM »
Not looking forward to it at all. Our squad still has too many of the shite that dragged us down here especially the likes of Westwood, Baker etc and I'm staggered that Joe Bennett is still a Villa employee. We haven't bought enough to make me believe we'll come straight back up as the defence still looks dodgy and we still haven't got a creative midfielder.
McCormack is a decent signing though.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 11:23:50 AM »
I get more apathetic each year. Due to holidays, I won't be seeing a live match until 11th Sept, and that's a frigging 1.15pm Sunday kick-off. Bah!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
I'd be excited if Traore was fully fit and if Richards had an epiphany moment.

Still, keeping hold of Ayew and the signing of Ross has lifted me.  I might even be a little excited by the prospect of what that might or really should bring.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
I can't remember why the summer of 2013 was exciting?

I'm not very excited tbh, but I think that's because my holiday means I am missing most of the early games and it feels like the season doesn't start for another month. I feel a bit weird about not being there for the start of the new campaign, especially in these circumstances. I am thinking of getting Jane to tell everyone around us that I haven't renewed, but I'm a bit worried that they'd all be delighted!

I feel more anxious I think. The whole 'winning a few games' thing - we don't know that yet. If it doesn't happen (quickly), the atmosphere will be worse than ever, and I'm kind of dreading that it could go that way.

2013 looked optimistic. We'd finished previous year with top six form, Benteke was at top of his game and Lambert looked like he knew what he was doing. By Christmas that optimism and satisfaction had definitely gone!

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
With the current squad, not excited at all. Looking at our CM and creative options, they are mostly garbage (Sanchez, Westwood, Sinclair) or unproven (Tshibola, Grealish, Traore). We definitely need to add a couple of quality players in those areas before we can think about Top 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal