collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Author Topic: Ross McCormack - JOINS MELBOURNE CITY  (Read 91023 times)

Offline footyskillz

• first team
Re: Ross McCormack
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »
16/1 top scorer have that. Jordan Ayew is 25/1 those two will score 40 odd goals each i say !

Offline paul_e

• player manager
  • GM : July, 2013
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 12:53:10 AM »
One of our forwards will be sold now. The Doc has said it won't be Ayew. Gabby is being given another shot. So one of Kozak or Rudy will be off I reckon. That and RHM is making a real case for inclusion in first team activities with his application and goals for the U23's.
I dont think Kozak or Gestede have any future at VP under RDM and Clarke. They will know a lazy donkey when they see one, and there isn't a better example of a lazy donkey than Gestede. As for Kozak, he's just not very mobile or particularly any good.

McCormack will work well with our more skilful players like Grealish who have been restricted by the lack of movement in front of them so as lack as RM makes runs or makes himself available to receive the ball them we should be much more productive going forward. If we dont sign any more forwards then RHM should be given game time.

The bold bit is where I disagree, his movement (whilst miles better than Gestede) is into the positions where we want Grealish to operate, my concern is that we'll only be able to play 2 of Ayew, RM and Jack at most which means this improves the squad but doesn't improve the team all that much.

Online dave.woodhall

• prolific poster
  • Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
  • GM : 01.01.2015
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:57 AM »
To put his fee into pespective, look at what Lukaku is being touted for.

Offline avfcpg

• international
    • http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 01:09:28 AM »
To put his fee into pespective, look at what Lukaku is being touted for.
Quite...didn't Matt Richie (Bournemouth) go for around 12 million too? Actually makes Gana's fee stupidly low...

Offline ozzjim

• prolific poster
  • GM : 14.09.2017
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:05 AM »
Watch the 40 odd goals in the last 2 seasons. Not seen a striker score the variety - outside the box, head, poachers etc since watching Shearer. He looks a much better player than I thought in the clips, so welcome him with open arms. Gayle for 8.5 or McCormack for 12?

I think we are far from done in the forward areas either. Signing of real intent from RDM. 2-3 more and we might be top 2.

Offline Hillbilly

• reserve
  • It's parfull, so it is.
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:45 AM »
A deluxe Grant Holt.

Not even a remotely accurate comparison.
You're right. He's a short-arse Grant Holt.

Online PeterWithesShin

• prolific poster
  • GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 01:12:18 AM »
Lukaku is 7 years younger and a far better player though.

Although i'd find very funny if they do spend 65m on a player they sold for 28m 2 years ago after they spent years farming him out and playing Torres instead.

Offline ozzjim

• prolific poster
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 01:15:52 AM »
nearly as funny as letting him go free and buying him back for 112m because the manager wanted to teach the agent a bit of a lesson?

Offline kippaxvilla2

• player manager
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 01:18:09 AM »
I saw an interview with I think his strike partner at Fulham earlier and he was waxing lyrical about how many goals he sets up as well as scores.  In which case he would be perfect for Ayew.

Also what price getting back into the PL - a 29 year old for 12m will be peanuts if we go up. Also it's still only half of what we paid for Darren in the good old days.  Tweenie oka Dwight Gayle who to my knowledge has never been prolific has gone to Newcastle for 9m!

Online PeterWithesShin

• prolific poster
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 01:19:02 AM »
nearly as funny as letting him go free and buying him back for 112m because the manager wanted to teach the agent a bit of a lesson?

Wasn't it more that he he was out of contract and buggered off to Juve? I'm sure Fergie went on about him not showing Manure any respect. Still, it's also funny.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:20:38 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline ozzjim

• prolific poster
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 01:22:41 AM »
Fergie fell out with the agent for demanding 25k a week for a player with only 3 appearances or something. From then on he was always off.

Anyhow, agreed on the 12m being bugger all if it gets us back up.

Offline charleeco7

• reserve
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 01:22:45 AM »
We've spent the last few years spending money on unproven talent in the hope we will make money out of them and look where it's got us.
He'll be worth every penny of he gets us promoted and it'd be nice to have a hero down VP again.

Offline kippaxvilla2

• player manager
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 01:27:51 AM »
I'm hearing it's a four year deal which means we are signing someone with no return but I guess it's what we need to do.

Online PeterWithesShin

• prolific poster
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 01:49:37 AM »
Fergie fell out with the agent for demanding 25k a week for a player with only 3 appearances or something. From then on he was always off.

You could well be right, I just remember him buggering off for nowt and Ferguson moaning. Either way it's funny.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• prolific poster
    • http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 02:12:41 AM »
I'm hearing it's a four year deal which means we are signing someone with no return but I guess it's what we need to do.

Utter stupidity if true. We'll be Champions of Europe by then and still paying him. It's all very Emile Heskey. We never learn.