collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol city  (Read 9140 times)

Offline philp52

Re: Bristol city
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »
If anyone has any spares going still looking for 1 or 2. please PM me.
UTV

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »
SS Great Britain

Probably the best option - but Bristol Museum is also pretty decent for a kid of that age. Big on the stuffed animals and skeletons.

And free.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »
Weather forecast not looking good. Could be more than drizzle in Brizzle.

Offline HUCKERS79

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »
Due to a couple of drop outs got a couple of spare places on a mini bus leaving from hagley road Saturday morning with match tickets included

Cheers Stu

Managed to get rid of travel and tickets

Thanks Stu

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »
Anybody have parking tips for Bristol? I am happy to park and jump on a bus or train. Ta muchly.

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
Anybody have parking tips for Bristol? I am happy to park and jump on a bus or train. Ta muchly.

Plenty of parking in the city, 25>30 minutes walk to the ground (I'll probably park at The Thekla or Portwall and walk from there)

There's a P&R towards the airport on the A370 that would be less of a walk but I don't know if they allow non-riders to park.

Free parking in the Brunel Lock area but some locations have time restrictions, even on a weekend.

SSGB would be a good spot but since its a Bank Hol w/e, that might be a bit busy.

There's the normal schools and businesses around the ground but I don't know which if any do matchday parking.

NB - The Bedminster Cricket Club website is saying that they are NOT doing parking this weekend http://bedminstercc.co.uk/

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »
Appreciate the advice. A lot may depend on how long we've got. I'm kind of dreading the M5 tomorrow already. Bank holiday weekend, roadworks, bad weather = long delays likely!

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »
Appreciate the advice. A lot may depend on how long we've got. I'm kind of dreading the M5 tomorrow already. Bank holiday weekend, roadworks, bad weather = long delays likely!

The M5 Worcester/Droitwich roadworks mean that I'm leaving around an hour or early for every home game

Might be worth considering coming down via Evesham is the M5 is looking jammed up in the roadworks
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:48:26 PM by UK Redsox »

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2016, 01:13:47 PM »
Still searching for a ticket. My closet game all season (1.5 Hours!) so very frustrating not to get in. I will probably go anyway and try and pick up a ticket
before kick off.  UTV   

Offline Damo70

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2016, 01:17:34 PM »
SS Great Britain

Probably the best option - but Bristol Museum is also pretty decent for a kid of that age. Big on the stuffed animals and skeletons.

And free.

Stuffed Skeletons sound like a cool idea.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »

Plenty of parking in the city, 25>30 minutes walk to the ground (I'll probably park at The Thekla or Portwall and walk from there)

There's a P&R towards the airport on the A370 that would be less of a walk but I don't know if they allow non-riders to park.

Free parking in the Brunel Lock area but some locations have time restrictions, even on a weekend.

SSGB would be a good spot but since its a Bank Hol w/e, that might be a bit busy.

There's the normal schools and businesses around the ground but I don't know which if any do matchday parking.

NB - The Bedminster Cricket Club website is saying that they are NOT doing parking this weekend http://bedminstercc.co.uk/

Cheers for these tips. Am staying with friends in Redland tonight but need to get back to London pronto after the game so cant just leave the car at theirs.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
Someone on H&V has just offered me a ticket. Great news that I will now make the game!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal