collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The pitch  (Read 7749 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: The pitch
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 08:35:06 PM »
I wish our team finished in same position as Pulis teams !

you could always go support a Pulis team and be content with a lower mid table finish for the rest of your life watching eye bleeding anti football.

Even Albion play better football than us.

You know where to go then, it's not far.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »

you could always go support a Pulis team and be content with a lower mid table finish for the rest of your life watching eye bleeding anti football.

football's a recreational activity. If Pulis' Albion does it for you they're only a couple of miles away. You should enjoy your Saturday's by supporting them. I'll stick with the project that is Aston Villa and gamble on being happier at the end of the season than any of the Albion fans will after another season of Pulis head tennis.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »
I was there today, and the pitch has lost weight, its all of 6 metres shorter and 2 metres thinner. can the brains trust on here explain, What's the Reason??
Sacrilege! The pitch has been the same size every season in my supporting history. I demand the restoration of original size!

Gabby's made a diet quotas agreement with the groundsman.  It works on the same principle as carbon quotas and trading.

You pay someone else to do the hard yards for you.  Apparently Gabby has reported to Bodymoor claiming to have lost 12 square metres of turf over the summer.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »

football's a recreational activity. If Pulis' Albion does it for you they're only a couple of miles away. You should enjoy your Saturday's by supporting them. I'll stick with the project that is Aston Villa and gamble on being happier at the end of the season than any of the Albion fans will after another season of Pulis head tennis.

Don't believe all the negative hype  about the Pullis way.  Its a million times more enlightened than the likes of Mick McCarthy, Jack Charlton etc. 

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 08:49:37 PM »

Why would I do that? I've been going to Villa Park since 1976. What a stupid comment to make.

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 08:53:20 PM »

I'm Villa man and boy old son. I don't need you to tell me where to watch my football.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:54:51 PM by Stirchley Villain »

Offline Clampy

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 09:01:20 PM »

Why would I do that? I've been going to Villa Park since 1976. What a stupid comment to make.

It's not really, if you're comparing a new manager's team to a Tony Pulis one, then yes go and watch them.

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 09:02:32 PM »

It's not really, if you're comparing a new manager's team to a Tony Pulis one, then yes go and watch them.

Why would I do that? Bizarre...

Offline Clampy

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 09:04:19 PM »

Because you said they play.....

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »

Because you said they play.....

Again like I said... bizarre.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 09:08:46 PM »
If you think you're going to win much support by saying you'd rather watch Tony Pulis team, then don't be surprised if people disagree.

Offline peter w

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »
Did I say that? I said Albion played better football than us. As did every other team in the league last season. Should I go and support them all too? Or do I have to believe in a deranged fashion that we play better football than every other team in the country to carry on supporting Villa? Your argument makes no sense...

Offline Clampy

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »
Did I say that? I said Albion played better football than us. As did every other team in the league last season. Should I go and support them all too? Or do I have to believe in a deranged fashion that we play better football than every other team in the country to carry on supporting Villa? Your argument makes no sense...

Like I said, if you come on here saying our local rivals play better football than us, then expect a reaction. Please explain what's wrong with someone disagreeing with that?

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »

Like I said, if you come on here saying our local rivals play better football than us, then expect a reaction. Please explain what's wrong with someone disagreeing with that?

Do we play better football than them?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal