collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Greene King announced as Official Ale Partner  (Read 7975 times)

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

Re: Greene King announced as Official Ale Partner
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »
Thierry Busby

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
Which Ale we sell down VP are the yeast of our problems to be honest.

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 11:29:27 AM »
My son in law and his brother intend to start a brewery in Cambridge with an inheritance from their grandfather.  He is a Gooner and his brother is a Man U fan.  Answers on a postcard please for a suitable name for their product.

A pint of Glory Hunter please and a half of Scumbag Millionaire.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2016, 11:33:14 AM »
My son in law and his brother intend to start a brewery in Cambridge with an inheritance from their grandfather.  He is a Gooner and his brother is a Man U fan.  Answers on a postcard please for a suitable name for their product.

A pint of Glory Hunter please

Just beat me to it, After last season, "a pint of bitter please."

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2016, 11:45:46 AM »
Burton ale came to brum during an Ansell's strike. No one would touch Ansell's after. Brew11(m&b) didn't fare much better. Greene king Abbot Ale is dangerous after two or three. Aah student days when the grant went further. Championship sponsorship is hard come by. I suspect GK must by eyeing the Midlands market. Tractorboy drink.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »
For those of you for whom beer is important.   Greene King have indeed bought up swathes of East Anglian breweries.  The Bartons is owned by an East Anglian (sort of) Rutland brewery.  If GK have got them in the cross wires so long Bishops Farewell before a game.
Fantastic pub, fantastic food but the Oakham beer in the Bartons is pants.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »
Dishwater is preferable to Greene King, should have got sponsored by Fairy.

I'm based down in London and know of quite a few really good young breweries here Brixton, Weird Beard, Gipsy Hill, Crate, Beavertown etc

I know of some of the older Brum breweries, but who is new on the scene making good stuff?

Brixton and Gipsy Hill may taste nice but are overpriced hipster-fodder.

I'd rather have 4 pints of these, than 6 of Greene King for the same price. Tbf though I get a pretty healthy discount.

Good point!

Are they cheaper nearer source? I've heard the Gipsy Hill Tavern isn't a bad pub.

I quite like the Westow in CP they tend to have a good range of brews also Beer Rebellion is pretty good. You get beers for good  prices if you drink at Gipsy Hill brewery, they're a nice bunch too.

I can't think of many big breweries that I like the beer from enough to be really chuffed if they were running the show for Villa. Youngs and Fullers are ok, but very London centric.

Offline Risso

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »
Burton ale came to brum during an Ansell's strike. No one would touch Ansell's after. Brew11(m&b) didn't fare much better. Greene king Abbot Ale is dangerous after two or three. Aah student days when the grant went further. Championship sponsorship is hard come by. I suspect GK must by eyeing the Midlands market. Tractorboy drink.

Brew XI is one of the nastiest beers I've ever had.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 12:00:45 PM »
I couldn't finish a Pint of that shit. Vile.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
Whatever it is, it won't be well-kept so they may as well ruin Greene King IPA as anything decent. It'd be nice to have a local brewer on board but realistically, GK are the only independent brewery big enough to pay the sort of money wer're after. The only alternative would possibly be Marston's, and they're not going to alienate their yammish heartland by linking up wih da Villu.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »

Brew XI is one of the nastiest beers I've ever had.

It is without doubt unspeakable. I thought it had disappeared.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2016, 01:35:08 PM »

A pint of Glory Hunter please and a half of Scumbag Millionaire.
A pint of Armchair,2 pints of cheating bastards, a hand shandy and a Donkey konk..

Offline Risso

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 02:12:20 PM »
Whatever it is, it won't be well-kept so they may as well ruin Greene King IPA as anything decent. It'd be nice to have a local brewer on board but realistically, GK are the only independent brewery big enough to pay the sort of money wer're after. The only alternative would possibly be Marston's, and they're not going to alienate their yammish heartland by linking up wih da Villu.

Badly kept and in served in plastic glasses. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 02:15:22 PM »

Badly kept and in served in plastic glasses. 

And a football crowd isn't really a proper brewery's target demographic.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »
One of my best mates is their director who negotiated the deal, just been out on a bike ride with him - he's delighted with the feedback on here!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal