collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:27:49 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 09:24:18 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R25: ASTON VILLA v Bournemouth, Sunday 21st April!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:20:50 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 09:17:30 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:10:09 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:03:36 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:59:44 AM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Clampy
[Today at 08:56:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tickets for Schools is no more  (Read 5763 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Tickets for Schools is no more
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 07:24:53 PM »
OK - so a 'tickets for schools' idea doesn't work because the practicalities of offering the same deal to way fans don't work out.

A generic kids concession however, could replace it. Those are the things that run at other clubs.

At PNE - kids under 8 get in free for every game. I have no idea whether that also applies to away fans, but it would encourage more adult away fans to travel if they can take their kids free. PNE feel this is worthwhile because it brings through the next generation of supporters. There are always loads of young kids on the Town End. They all hang around down the front together, trying to meet the Deepdale Duck.

This will also happen because they know they don't fill their ground, but we aren't going to either - we've closed down a whole tier and still don't expect to sell the rest. We might have some games where we think we can sell out, or sell out the whole away end, but maybe for some of the games where it'll be less full we could offer free or very cheap tickets to kids, and do the same for the way support.

Kids bring a paying adult with them, and nag them to buy them chips, coke and burgers. They bring in money one way or another.

As I said above, we can do it for four matches a season. The whole 'let them in for nothing' idea is often mooted but whether it would work at Villa is another matter. Someone down there (I forget who) told me some time ago that they gave wodges of tickets away to local schools at one point and the kids either didn't turn up or else ran around the place causing problems because they'd had them for nothing so they weren't particuarly bothered about watching the match.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:54 PM »
OK - so a 'tickets for schools' idea doesn't work because the practicalities of offering the same deal to way fans don't work out.

A generic kids concession however, could replace it. Those are the things that run at other clubs.

At PNE - kids under 8 get in free for every game. I have no idea whether that also applies to away fans, but it would encourage more adult away fans to travel if they can take their kids free. PNE feel this is worthwhile because it brings through the next generation of supporters. There are always loads of young kids on the Town End. They all hang around down the front together, trying to meet the Deepdale Duck.

This will also happen because they know they don't fill their ground, but we aren't going to either - we've closed down a whole tier and still don't expect to sell the rest. We might have some games where we think we can sell out, or sell out the whole away end, but maybe for some of the games where it'll be less full we could offer free or very cheap tickets to kids, and do the same for the way support.

Kids bring a paying adult with them, and nag them to buy them chips, coke and burgers. They bring in money one way or another.

As I said above, we can do it for four matches a season. The whole 'let them in for nothing' idea is often mooted but whether it would work at Villa is another matter. Someone down there (I forget who) told me some time ago that they gave wodges of tickets away to local schools at one point and the kids either didn't turn up or else ran around the place causing problems because they'd had them for nothing so they weren't particuarly bothered about watching the match.

agreed. 2 mentors with 30+ kids in their man u and Chelsea shirts does not improve finances much as they all bring a packed lunch and rather than embrace and enhance the watching experience they become a pain in the arse up and out of the seats every 5 minutes. It a world away from a father with a couple of kids

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 09:00:21 AM »
I think free or very cheap tickets for children is a good idea. It not only brings new fans through, it enables parents who are otherwise priced out to attend.

For example - as a parent with a couple of kids, you might be able to find £30 for your own ticket, but add another £30-£40 to take your 2 kids with you and it becomes unaffordable. If you price the kids at under £5 for example - then it stays affordable for the parent too. Then 3 people bring £50 into the club including their chips and cola, and the family carry on being active supporters as the kids grow up to hopefully be active Villa fans too.

it doesn't have to be every game. Once people have a 'Villa habit' they'll find the money on the weeks that we can mostly at full price for more attractive fixtures with bigger away followings. Once they lose the Villa habit, they've gone.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
Over here for the Super Rugby they do a 'take a kid to footy' deal and a number of tickets are priced so an Adult can basically take a kid along to a game for next to nothing. so if a ticket is normally $25 taking a kid may be $27 (two seats) plus the kid gets a footy pack, including drink and some merchandise.
As you can imagine it sells very well.   

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 10:11:10 AM »
Several years ago a colleague of mine used to take groups of our pupils to Wolves' games...at a minimal cost. I told him to try The Villa because of the tickets for schools thing...he did and was overjoyed at what the club were offering and has accordingly taken them to The Villa ever since (works well as a disciplinary sanction!!!).
The simple fact that Villa in the EPL did a better deal than Wolves in the EFL supports what the club are saying.
I still reckon they could sort out something else though - like PNE - loads of clubs in many sports do all sorts of deals. 

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 11:08:05 AM »
tony has just tweeted:

"We have been working on plans to give free entry to kids registered with membership next season."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal