collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield Wednesday ticket price petition  (Read 12606 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Sheffield Wednesday ticket price petition
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 11:36:18 PM »
Not sure asking people to pay with the pertition is right though.  Where does the money go?

Erm... come again?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2016, 11:39:48 PM »
Not sure asking people to pay with the pertition is right though.  Where does the money go?

Erm... come again?

After you sign, they ask you for 3 quid to help publicise the petition. Something like that (can't remember the exact amount).

You don't have to pay to sign it though.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2016, 11:56:42 PM »
One thing springs to mind the £2 admin fee which Villa will add if not paying in cash  at the ticket office, making the ticket £44 in total.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 09:30:47 AM »
My usual way of protesting against high prices, without cutting off my nose to spite my face (and this is a game I really want to go to) is by not spending anything inside the ground.
I'm lucky though in that I can manage to go a couple of hours without a drink, pie or tray of chips - I appreciate this would be sacrifice too far for many.
The pleasant side of this one-man protest is that cheaper grounds like Wigan and Burnley in recent years have had very nice pies.
I even bought a programme and a drink at Telford yesterday as it was £8 to get in and I know every penny counts to a club like that.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2016, 09:37:53 AM »
My usual way of protesting against high prices, without cutting off my nose to spite my face (and this is a game I really want to go to) is by not spending anything inside the ground.
I'm lucky though in that I can manage to go a couple of hours without a drink, pie or tray of chips - I appreciate this would be sacrifice too far for many.
The pleasant side of this one-man protest is that cheaper grounds like Wigan and Burnley in recent years have had very nice pies.
I even bought a programme and a drink at Telford yesterday as it was £8 to get in and I know every penny counts to a club like that.

I also do the same protest!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »
Without doubt everyone has the right to choose  for themselves what to do about this fixture,  however would anyone actually have any money left for a pie or programme after paying what is effectively £44 for a ticket, in excess of £25/£30 travel and the remainder for a pint or two or three etc.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »
Without doubt everyone has the right to choose  for themselves what to do about this fixture,  however would anyone actually have any money left for a pie or programme after paying what is effectively £44 for a ticket, in excess of £25/£30 travel and the remainder for a pint or two or three etc.
I can't think of an away game I've been to in recent years when there wasn't a queue at the bar in the away end for over-priced beer, whatever the ticket price was.

It's not the business of any of us to tell people where and when they can't drink but wouldn't it be great if we sold out the maximum allocation at Wednesday and gave the usual incredible backing to our own team to help get this vital season off the a flying start – but ALL of us totally ignored the fully stocked bars and catering windows at the ground? Zero takings there would be a point well made.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »
Never going to happen: many people paying £42 are always willing to rush down for chips and curry sauce after 36 minutes or so of football.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »
Signed and commented on. 

An  absolute disgrace.  One of the reasons I purchased  a season ticket this year was to stop mithering the world  "can I use your ref  for  this ticket or that ticket" - fat load of good that is doing for me so  far.

Dreading to find  out the Derby County and Bristol City prices.  Even Luton at £18 for a 1st round league cup tie is pricey.

On my one experience of  Luton I would think twice about a return visit even if they were paying me £18. I also came a cropper once when attempting to impress a girl in a Stevenage nightclub by telling her I played for Luton. How was I to know she was a Luton season ticket holder with a great knowledge of everyone who played for them?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 02:52:55 PM »
Signed and commented on. 

An  absolute disgrace.  One of the reasons I purchased  a season ticket this year was to stop mithering the world  "can I use your ref  for  this ticket or that ticket" - fat load of good that is doing for me so  far.

Dreading to find  out the Derby County and Bristol City prices.  Even Luton at £18 for a 1st round league cup tie is pricey.

On my one experience of  Luton I would think twice about a return visit even if they were paying me £18. I also came a cropper once when attempting to impress a girl in a Stevenage nightclub by telling her I played for Luton. How was I to know she was a Luton season ticket holder with a great knowledge of everyone who played for them?

You could have said you were Andrew Greaves. That would have thrown her.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 09:36:13 AM »
Booked mine this morning! Tried to ignore the prices as I was entering payment details. I know it's bad but I'd never not go. UTV.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 11:02:42 AM »
Signed.

On paper, this is a great fixture. And could be full with the right prices.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 11:23:02 AM »
Signed.

Fully understand those not wanting to pay over the odds prices for a 2nd Division game, but at the same time no one should knock anyone who won't let the pricing change their mind and does go, fair play in equal measure.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
Just do the same to them when they come to vp I know it's not the fans fault was looking forward to this game before the fixtures come out but now they can do one

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
Just do the same to them when they come to vp I know it's not the fans fault was looking forward to this game before the fixtures come out but now they can do one

You've just given the reason why we shouldn't do the same to them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal