collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away ticket prices  (Read 14975 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Away ticket prices
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
After Sheffield Wednesday you would think Small Heath, Leeds and Norwich will be around £45 but everyone else should be reasonable. Good to see Reading are charging £20. We play them away on a Tuesday night but we should take 4000+ there at that price, if we're playing well.

We will still easily sell the initial 2000 for Sheffield Wednesday despite the price. We'll take around 4000 as it's the opening game in a new division, new owner, new manager.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:05:28 PM by QuintonVilla »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 09:03:59 PM »
Hate the price but want to go just to help boost my away history to give me a chance of picking and choosing games later in the season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »
Hate the price but want to go just to help boost my away history to give me a chance of picking and choosing games later in the season.

Buy the ticket for the booking history and then give it me. We both win. Honest.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 09:14:14 PM »
Don't be silly, neither of us will win. Sheffield Wednesday will.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 09:20:32 PM »
Don't be silly, neither of us will win. Sheffield Wednesday will.

Nah

Offline myf

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 09:23:07 PM »
£42 to watch a second tier football match. Boycott is the only answer for this disgusting behaviour, home and away fans alike. The greedy bastards are killing the game

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2016, 12:33:20 AM »
Don't want to go overboard  over this but it's nothing short than  disgraceful.

In real terms take a top premiership fixture example: Arsenal v Spurs  or Man Utd v  Man City the away fans will be paying  £30.00.

For a second  tier game £42.00.

There has to be something wrong trade wise. 

Sheffield Wednesday of all clubs in football owe  something to supporters.  Their pricing shows anything but. 

I hope everyone boycotts the game, I know it's  not going to happen.  People will clamber to want to be at  the game.  Good luck to those who do go I won't be one given all the factors Sunday  late afternoon and horrible price.

I just hope we sting them when they come to Villa Park.  Should only be charging Rotherham fans £5 just to wind up the money grabbing gits down the road .

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2016, 12:40:30 AM »
The Wednesday fans didn't set the ticket prices and shouldn't be punished for them.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2016, 12:51:33 AM »

I just hope we sting them when they come to Villa Park.  Should only be charging Rotherham fans £5 just to wind up the money grabbing gits down the road .

What cd said above. Other fans are allies, not enemies.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »
The only way forward though would be for Wednesday  fans to start complaining that they are being charged daft money for away  games, due to their own club  ripping away supporters off.  This is not a new  problem - Bristol City fans boycotted the fixture last season  (again first or second  game of the season).

When you sit down and take yourself out of your Villa armour then you realise just how poor the situation is. 

People will go - Di Matteo's  first game.  Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Villa when discussions were going on.  No doubt there will be some people within the club will be thinking £42 is somewhat of a success if rumours are correct as to what Wednesday  did want to charge.

I am just so frustrated that I cannot justify to myself that I need  to be there at £42 a throw (plus £2 villa transaction charge).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2016, 01:11:15 AM »
The only way forward though would be for Wednesday  fans to start complaining that they are being charged daft money for away  games, due to their own club  ripping away supporters off.  This is not a new  problem - Bristol City fans boycotted the fixture last season  (again first or second  game of the season).

When you sit down and take yourself out of your Villa armour then you realise just how poor the situation is. 

People will go - Di Matteo's  first game.  Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Villa when discussions were going on.  No doubt there will be some people within the club will be thinking £42 is somewhat of a success if rumours are correct as to what Wednesday  did want to charge.

I am just so frustrated that I cannot justify to myself that I need  to be there at £42 a throw (plus £2 villa transaction charge).

The idea that we should rip supporters off so they will complain to their own club is totally wrong. They ARE complaining - that's the point. Their club rips them off, it rips away fans off and the one thing you can guarantee is that the people who set the prices never pay a penny to watch any match home or away.

I don't need to take off any armour, thank you very much, I've been campaiging for supporters for years and one thing that still annoys me is when our own fans see those from other clubs as lesser beings who should be treated badly. They aren't the enemy - they're exactly the same as you and I, and we should all be on the same side. I'd charge them the least we can and make a big play of the fact that we're saving them money as we know they have to pay so much at home. 

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2016, 02:07:26 AM »

The idea that we should rip supporters off so they will complain to their own club is totally wrong. They ARE complaining - that's the point. Their club rips them off, it rips away fans off and the one thing you can guarantee is that the people who set the prices never pay a penny to watch any match home or away.

I don't need to take off any armour, thank you very much, I've been campaiging for supporters for years and one thing that still annoys me is when our own fans see those from other clubs as lesser beings who should be treated badly. They aren't the enemy - they're exactly the same as you and I, and we should all be on the same side. I'd charge them the least we can and make a big play of the fact that we're saving them money as we know they have to pay so much at home. 

One day football club supporters will realise they have more in common with each other than with the owners, directors, managers and players of their clubs. I can't see it happening any day soon, though.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2016, 07:33:30 AM »
SWFC fans don't deserve to be punished more. They're getting ripped off at Hillsborough too and are largely on our side over this. How could we take the moral high ground over this if we stoop to the same level?

Look at the public praise Reading got yesterday for announcing away fans will be charged £20. I'd rather Villa get that sort of reputation than what Sheffield Wednesday are getting.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
Sheffield Wednesday are getting a lot of flak over their ticket prices, which is fine, remember they are stinging their own fans too. They are only part of the problem though. What about SKY. They continually
sh-t on real supporters in favour of their favoured armchair subscribers. 4.30pm kick-off on a Sunday is their responsibility, so what subsidy are they directly offering real supporters to help them attend games that are live on their channel? Remember football is nothing without the fans who turn up home and away, yet sky continually take the P-ss out of these supporters.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
Most away fans are also home fans.

The vast majority of our away contingent are season ticket holders, a very small proportion will be fans taking in only a couple of games a season, because away tickets are limited in number, and mainly go to people who attend the majority of home games.

Therefore, being an away supporter is an additional cost for a home supporter, regardless of travel.

For most away supporters they have pad a lump sum for their season ticket, and then find money on top of that to buy away tickets and trek up and down the country. I am quite happy for away fans at Villa Park to pay less than me because

* it happens within a framework where my fellow Villa fans who find their way up and down the country to support my team benefit too (and that will include myself about half a dozen times a season)

* away fans contribute to the atmosphere that makes football such an exceptional spectator sport and I don't want them priced out - (& they are more easily priced out than home fans because it is an additional cost on top of their home support AND they have to travel)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal