collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Mellin
[Today at 10:05:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:04:49 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:02:18 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Beard82
[Today at 10:01:16 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by Pat McMahon
[Today at 09:31:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pre-Press  (Read 3037 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Pre-Press
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:23:11 AM »

Offline peter w

Re: Pre-Press
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:37:11 AM »
Ha, I miss that term 'crack' East European outfit.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:02:40 AM »
Indeed.

But surely the aim to be one of the top three clubs in Europe within a decade is pretty extravagant ?

Offline peter w

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
No it's impossible. Gotta dream though.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:06:06 AM »
Telford has the best pubs?! I'm from there (though I left before I was old enough to use pubs) but this surprises me. Which ones, out of curiosity?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 01:07:48 AM »
Speaking of Boldmere St. Michael, they were the first team I ever saw outside of school football,  against  Allens Cross (now Northfield Town) at Shenley Lane in the Worcestershire Combination Division 1. The rest of the family went to see "The Sound of Music" at the the cinema.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 01:49:35 AM »
Telford has the best pubs?! I'm from there (though I left before I was old enough to use pubs) but this surprises me. Which ones, out of curiosity?

Telford don't play in Telford for a start, they play near Wellington, which in itself isn't great but has a couple of decent boozers and the marvellous Cock Hotel right by the ground. Then a stop down the train line back toward Wolverhampton is Oakengates which is a real ale haven, Three excellent pubs within yards of each other.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »

Telford don't play in Telford for a start, they play near Wellington, which in itself isn't great but has a couple of decent boozers and the marvellous Cock Hotel right by the ground. Then a stop down the train line back toward Wolverhampton is Oakengates which is a real ale haven, Three excellent pubs within yards of each other.

I know where the ground is, I'm from Wellington, it's just that none of the pubs have ever looked that great to me from the outside. Probably repressed memories of crisps/coke/car park.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 09:25:09 AM »

Having worked in Telford for a few years, thise are the best places to drink. Telford itself is a mock-American town centre with the rest made up of other villages filled in by housing estates and industial estates.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 02:02:13 PM »
Another good read Dave I've missed it.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 06:36:32 PM »
Yes, I enjoy them too.
Welcome back, and thank you

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 08:47:30 PM »

The New Bucks Head is 'in' Wellington and Wellington is a district of Telford so it isn't a Grimsbyesque scenario at all. The boozers as previous posters have mentioned are decent and close to the ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal