collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Joe Bennett  (Read 26601 times)

Offline villan from luton

Re: Joe Bennett
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2016, 02:00:07 AM »
Apparently Bennett apologized to The Doc, apparently his tweet was aimed at fans not our owner

Surely that is tosh?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2016, 02:49:20 AM »
Apparently Bennett apologized to The Doc, apparently his tweet was aimed at fans not our owner

Surely that is tosh?

Dr. Tony Xia Verified account ‏@Dr_TonyXia 3h3 hours ago

Joe just sent a message explaining and apologizing that he meant to some fans annoyed him not me&club. Let's move on and best wishes to him!
74 retweets 248 likes

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2016, 07:14:55 AM »
I'd imagine Bennett is annoyed about this tweet from Tony, and I don't blame him, he's hardly chosen to sit around doing nothing while pulling in massive wages like certain players we could mention.

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia  Aug 25
If a man's career is built by destroying the club's worth,yes ! I will be very selfish to stand on the club side!

Another reason why Tony needs to get off Twitter and act with a bit of professionalism ASAP.

It's all very well this "I don't care, he's a breath of fresh air" stuff but it'll all go hugely tits up the first time he finds himself disagreeing with more people.

I would say he needs to be a lot more measured in how he conducts himself in certain situations. But I think he's done more good than bad by being on there be honest. What he needs to avoid, and this is a lesson for all of us and not just him, is not Tweet/email when he's fucked off, which I can only imagine he's been several times since buying the club. I can only imagine the horror show and skeletons he's discovered.

I'd rather he spoke to the social media people at the club.

Yes, it's nice hearing from the man at the top after Randy's bizarre "nothing or indecipherable mumblings every two years or so" routine, but really, some of the stuff he's tweeted about is deeply unprofessional.

He shouldn't be tweeting about players or transfers, that stuff should be kept in house, there's nothing to be gained from it. People are already kicking off at him and we're three weeks into the season.

The very first time stuff starts to go badly, you just know exactly what will happen. Which is exactly what happened on here with General Krulak, except this'll be to the whole world.

It will end in tears. Quickly.

this

Online LukeJames

« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2016, 07:17:53 AM »
"It will all end in tears" should be our new moto.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2016, 10:54:19 AM »

Surely there should be "again" at the end?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:10 AM »

Surely there should be "again" at the end?
Shortened to:"we go again"

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »
Edit: wrong topic.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:56:51 PM by Jarpie »

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »
we are prepared for it to end in tears and then we will go again

not sure how big the badge would have to be though

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »
In Latin it translates to "Et omnes in lacrimis" which would look very classy on a scroll beneath our mutant lion.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2016, 09:53:14 PM »
I'd imagine Bennett is annoyed about this tweet from Tony, and I don't blame him, he's hardly chosen to sit around doing nothing while pulling in massive wages like certain players we could mention.

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia  Aug 25
If a man's career is built by destroying the club's worth,yes ! I will be very selfish to stand on the club side!

Another reason why Tony needs to get off Twitter and act with a bit of professionalism ASAP.

It's all very well this "I don't care, he's a breath of fresh air" stuff but it'll all go hugely tits up the first time he finds himself disagreeing with more people.

I would say he needs to be a lot more measured in how he conducts himself in certain situations. But I think he's done more good than bad by being on there be honest. What he needs to avoid, and this is a lesson for all of us and not just him, is not Tweet/email when he's fucked off, which I can only imagine he's been several times since buying the club. I can only imagine the horror show and skeletons he's discovered.

I'd rather he spoke to the social media people at the club.

Yes, it's nice hearing from the man at the top after Randy's bizarre "nothing or indecipherable mumblings every two years or so" routine, but really, some of the stuff he's tweeted about is deeply unprofessional.

He shouldn't be tweeting about players or transfers, that stuff should be kept in house, there's nothing to be gained from it. People are already kicking off at him and we're three weeks into the season.

The very first time stuff starts to go badly, you just know exactly what will happen. Which is exactly what happened on here with General Krulak, except this'll be to the whole world.

It will end in tears. Quickly.

this

Can I ask? What was your opinion on Lerners approach?

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »
In Latin it translates to "Et omnes in lacrimis" which would look very classy on a scroll beneath our mutant lion.

I'm afraid my sig "per aspera ad undas" is quite fitting for Villa over the past few years. Perhaps I should change it.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2016, 10:29:57 PM »
I'll probably get slaughtered for this, but I don't see how he was any worse than any of the other left/ full backs at the club in recent times and certainly showed a better attitude than some. Granted, he probably wasn't the best defensively and was certainly no Alan Wright, but he was  certainly no worse than Amavi. He has a sweet left foot , reasonable pace and can cross a ball. In view of our lack of width, I would have kept him as a squad player and tried him out wide left m/f.
Anyway , he's gone now and good luck to the lad.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »
At Villa - the best players are those who have been sold.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal