collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are the fans happier this year?  (Read 6993 times)

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

Re: Are the fans happier this year?
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »

Can anyone think of a short nickname for Rushian Hepburn Murphy? Spoken of well by Daniel Sturridge who knows the family and one for the future. But I can't keep typing three names, Jack the Lad perhaps for Grealish but for Rushian

Can anyone think of a short nickname for Rushian Hepburn Murphy? Spoken of well by Daniel Sturridge who knows the family and one for the future. But I can't keep typing three names, Jack the Lad perhaps for Grealish but for Rushian? ANy ideas?

Audrey or The Russian could work.

if those plebs can have JT for John Terry we can have RHM for this lad

Can anyone think of a short nickname for Rushian Hepburn Murphy? Spoken of well by Daniel Sturridge who knows the family and one for the future. But I can't keep typing three names, Jack the Lad perhaps for Grealish but for Rushian? ANy ideas?

Flower! (Rank Hovis McDougal)??

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »
RHoDeo

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
How long before Sherwood claims the credit for Hepburn-Murphy then?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »
How long before Sherwood claims the credit for Hepburn-Murphy then?

That's a guarantee. He'll have an unearthed him. Apparently he's responsible for Kane too. I don't know if that news has broken yet.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2016, 04:30:05 PM »
Not been blown away by our business this year, outgoing or ingoing.

And whilst it's nice to see fixtures against the likes of Wednesday and Forest again, seeing bilge like Barnsley, B-lose and co in amongst that lot tempers any nostalgia.

The players we've signed so far seem about par for what we could realistically expect in this division.  They're the type of players  I would have expected us to go after even if we still had Lerner, his limitations and his choice of manager.

They might go on to be good, solid purchases for the level we're at. But with a manager like Di Matteo and supposedly having a budget of £30-40 million, I'll be honest, I would have hoped for better. There is still time, of course, so might be better to make that call in September.

Whilst it's to be expected that players like Ayew and co will attract interest, we need to keep as many of those as possible. They're better than just about anything else in this division. If we are serious about getting back up -and then staying up- they are the type of players we need to build a side around.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
kGage, I think it is a bit early to tell.
Until we start to see some of the deadwood removed I think new additions are unlikely.
The squad looks too big with too many not good and or not commited enough.
I am more concerned about the lack of a clear out.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2016, 05:23:22 PM »
Hep B Murphy?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2016, 07:16:27 PM »
Thing is though, we've got 3 new signings in, plus possibly Petrov. We also have Amavi back after a lengthy lay off, Gardner back from loan and Hepburn Murphy could have an impact as well. Remember we have dropped down a division, some of those that were a bit cack last season might be a lot better this, Hutton, Westwood and Gestede Spring to mind. If the club is run correctly, the team managed properly and we get rid of Richards and Gabby I think we'll have a chance. A couple of good new defenders in addition and I think we'd be in a very strong position to come back up.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2016, 07:22:29 PM »
According to Radio 5 we.ve had a £10m bid turned down for Ross McCormack....i think for championship he'd make me happy.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2016, 10:08:38 PM »
I rather like the above "the Russian" idea. Shrug.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »
According to Radio 5 we.ve had a £10m bid turned down for Ross McCormack....i think for championship he'd make me happy.

Would be such an unimaginative signing, £10m for a 30-year-old just because he's got a track record at this level, Gestede has too but I think we've been robbed paying £6m for him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:54:20 PM by hoyle87 »

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »

Would be such an unimaginative signing, £10m for a 30-year-old just because he's got a track record at this level, Gestede has too but I think we've been robbed paying £6m for him.

bugger me i never realised he was 30

be okay for a couple of mill tops

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal