collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:57:59 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are the fans happier this year?  (Read 7000 times)

Offline levico

Re: Are the fans happier this year?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »
Not happier for me. I can recall my perspective this time last year. I was happy that we were still in the PL and had a degree of confidence that Sherwood would turn things around and that mid table beckoned.

This year is the crystallisation of our worst fears. Lots of talk about bouncing back up but with many of last seasons feckless losers still with us, it could be more of the same. But that as I write, there are still a few weeks to go.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM »
Difficult to be "happier" after relegation but Lerner is gone which is a move that was badly needed. A bit early to judge the new owners ATM but at least they're communicating. Overall I think we are making changes that that will see Villa "ready to rise again". The question is will we make all the changes that are required before the end of the transfer window. Is there any more news on whether that guy is coming from Southampton (Andrew Stone I believe)? That would be a good move.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »
I'm certainly confident that we have at least arrested the decline. I know a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet but RDM appears to be quietly going about his business at the moment. WM (I know) were reporting from the training camp earlier and they were very upbeat, comparing the focus and professionalism and the whole atmosphere very favourably with Portigal last summer.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »
There's a lot less stress about the place now that the season is over. It took a toll on everyone. We are where we are and it's accepted now. It's matter of getting on with it and getting promoted now. Let's make light work of this division by being precisely the opposite of what we were last season and work our balls off collectively. We can do it if the whole club is pulling in one direction.

There's actually a lot less stress now the last five years is over!

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »
I irrationally blame macron for our decline.

I think there is something in that.

I do as well. They were a symbol of rather than cause. I think I've said before that I went into the Nike shop on Oxford St just to see our shirt, and there they were along with Arsenal and Barcelona. It was quite surreal.

The change to Macron was a recognition that we weren't and never would be worth the floor space. Nike weren't going to be flogging kits to the fickle fat kids of London.

Offline Hopadop

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »
But I'm happy enough. I'm planning on getting to some local games, and I've pencilled in Fulham away as junior's first game next April.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 08:27:14 PM »
But I'm happy enough. I'm planning on getting to some local games, and I've pencilled in Fulham away as junior's first game next April.

I've just booked dining arrangements for Easter Monday. Literally. I'm fervently hoping this is the highlight of my Division Two years (part n).

Offline Hopadop

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »
That's very organised. I can't see beyond those hot dogs they do there.

I'm actually getting really excited about it. Sod the Premier League.

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »
looks like we are not that much happier, but prepared to give it a try. I like Matteo's approach and the use of youngsters in the two games yesterday was excellent. And having two games on the same day to watch more players.... yes, good thinking.

WHile pre season games against non league mean nothing, we won and the habit may start catching. Grealish and Rushian Hepburn Murphy both scored, will do their confidence the world of good.

Can anyone think of a short nickname for Rushian Hepburn Murphy? Spoken of well by Daniel Sturridge who knows the family and one for the future. But I can't keep typing three names, Jack the Lad perhaps for Grealish but for Rushian? ANy ideas?

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 11:22:40 AM »

Can anyone think of a short nickname for Rushian Hepburn Murphy? Spoken of well by Daniel Sturridge who knows the family and one for the future. But I can't keep typing three names, Jack the Lad perhaps for Grealish but for Rushian? ANy ideas?

Audrey or The Russian could work.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »

Spud!

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »
Confirmation today that LTA isn't any happier, but we knew that would be the case.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 02:36:31 PM »

Audrey was my first thought but for some reason the name Murphy makes me think of 'Spud' and I have no idea why. Was there a Spud Murphy or is it just a lazy Irish/potato link?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 02:49:44 PM »

if those plebs can have JT for John Terry we can have RHM for this lad

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »
Audrey was my first thought but for some reason the name Murphy makes me think of 'Spud' and I have no idea why. Was there a Spud Murphy or is it just a lazy Irish/potato link?

There was. American jazz bandleader/composer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal