collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ulises de la Cruz  (Read 6917 times)

Offline luke:lamf

Re: Ulises de la Cruz
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 08:51:29 PM »
Nothing on the pitch, but I do remember him coming out to sign autographs after my only match at Villa Park and, I swear I'm not making this up, inside his coat he had a collection of watches in the manner of some dodgy East-End dealer - "psst... Want a watch, bruv ? Jen-u-ine Bolex..." Didn't make any sales, but did sign everything put in front of him.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »
Am I the only one who remembers him wearing a white suite when he was paraded to us at Villa Park? It was an Intertoto cup game in 2002 and we won 3-0 after losing the first leg 2-0. Was it against a team from Zurich? 

My minds eye is telling me is was the full John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever!

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »
my only memory of him,

was when the Holte, started singing your not useless any more, against spuds I think.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 11:03:59 PM »
Shit haircut, average wingback. Seemed like a nice bloke. Probably better than Alan Hutton in that position, but not as good as Delaney. Can't really add to that.

Offline Kevin_Yahoo

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
Thanks for your comments guys! Here is the published piece: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blast-from-the-past-41-ulises-de-la-cruz-083544485.html

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 08:01:52 AM »
My memory (bit late now) is that Villa fans were fed up of seeing him in the team and let it be known. The manager kept picking him, and in the end admitted he was playing him because "I've got no one else".

Its amazing how hearing someone does work for charity can sway peoples opinions on playing ability. He was a very poor player, couldn't control the ball and would look to hit it long at the earliest opportunity

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal