collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The ThunderClap @ Villa  (Read 23301 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: The ThunderClap @ Villa
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:11 PM »
Ok footy, when Iceland fans did it it was impressive and original, it really captured a moment in time.

Us copying it would be contrived and cringeworthy.

Does that make sense?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:14 PM »
Wolves fans probably see it as an original and humourous addition to the atmosphere.

Those of us with television sets, running water and a certain inherent sense of style that come with being a Villa fan, know otherwise.

I'm afraid its a no from me. And a big one at that.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »
Ok footy, when Iceland fans did it it was impressive and original, it really captured a moment in time.

Us copying it would be contrived and cringeworthy.

Does that make sense?
Ok yes I think so. Thanks . Contrive is to copy i thought . Don't know that other word . But note it's deemed embarrassing . Okay Roger and out

Offline Fingers

• GM : 30.01.2025
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:40 PM »
Wolves fans probably see it as an original and humourous addition to the atmosphere.

Those of us with television sets, running water and a certain inherent sense of style that come with being a Villa fan, know otherwise.

I'm afraid its a no from me. And a big one at that.

Beautiful.  It's a no.  A big fucking no.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:25 PM »
NO. If anyone does the thunderclap near me I shall thunderclap them round the face. With my pecker.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »
I think the Villa hoards can stick with the "There's only one..." then again perhaps syllable wise it's not a fit.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2017, 11:07:37 PM »
NO. If anyone does the thunderclap near me I shall thunderclap them round the face. With my pecker.

Try Fun Place  Bearwood for dick slapping. Though that's closed.
Now I hear Spa Diamond  Aston place to go before or after a match !
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:12:55 PM by footyskillz »

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »
Gents, there are ladies on this forum.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2017, 11:38:36 PM »
Have  a little bit of  respect. 
I think it's probably to do with the defeat to Iceland at the  euro's at least British villa fans should admit that's why they dislike it

Can we just lock this thread and destroy it please? Don't want any visiting supporters to think this is the usual standard on H&V. We're usually talking about what we had for tea and worst players we've seen play for Villa for those just passing through.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2017, 11:44:47 PM »
Why is this even a debate? Ok, we have an Icelandic player, so what? It's like saying we'll do the Riverdance on the terraces because we have an Irish player or shall we try an African tribal dance in honour or Kod?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2017, 11:52:06 PM »
I think it's probably to do with the defeat to Iceland at the  euro's at least British villa fans should admit that's why they dislike it

I think most Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people enjoyed Iceland's successes and so did a small percentage of English people.

People's opposition to this idea is not based on parochialism but formed on the basis that it is a really, amazingly, shit idea.

The suggestion that Villa adopt a "Thunderclap" is about as popular as a salad in a Glaswegian chip shop and if you practised the same "respect" of other people's opinions that you preach then you would stop banging on about it and taking offence every time somebody pointed what a genuinely, atrociously woeful suggestion it is.

I like you Footyskillz, but, come on mate, let this one go, yeah?

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2017, 12:22:34 AM »

I think most Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people enjoyed Iceland's successes and so did a small percentage of English people.

People's opposition to this idea is not based on parochialism but formed on the basis that it is a really, amazingly, shit idea.

The suggestion that Villa adopt a "Thunderclap" is about as popular as a salad in a Glaswegian chip shop and if you practised the same "respect" of other people's opinions that you preach then you would stop banging on about it and taking offence every time somebody pointed what a genuinely, atrociously woeful suggestion it is.

I like you Footyskillz, but, come on mate, let this one go, yeah?
You are going off on one again footy.  This forum has a deserved reputation for humour and benevolence.   I respectfully suggest that you do not take opposing opinions personally.

Green . I got it. Just hoped to see a reasoned response. Bent gave it.  I'll ignore other ones and respect that's how they see it but feel it's a bit demeaning belittling rather than acknowledge the fantastic applause Iceland do. If it's not recognised or favoured to be copied fair enough.

Look I already said i now understand.  Bent gave reasoned response. No soz. We've moved on to massage parlor in Aston.

I like you too your name intrigues me !

Agree with Jameson close thread and people can discuss on non football thread anything else

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2017, 12:24:19 AM »

Can we just lock this thread and destroy it please? Don't want any visiting supporters to think this is the usual standard on H&V. We're usually talking about what we had for tea and worst players we've seen play for Villa for those just passing through.

Seconded let's close it down now mods .
Until BB starts celebrating play-off victory with it !

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2017, 12:57:32 AM »
Skills... let it go mate! If you tried for a million years, you wouldn't get the thunderclap going at VP. It's not gonna happen chief. Might be a bitter pill for you to swallow.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »
Jameson, i'm in good company with Green.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal