collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aaron Tshibola  (Read 119766 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Aaron Tshibola - On loan to MK Dons
« Reply #540 on: November 11, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »
I was out having a drink with some MK Dons fans last night they said he started off well and looked good early on but then stopped trying his attitude stunk after he got sent off he just started taking the piss
sounds like another billy big bollocks to me a bit of ability but no desire, discipline or work ethic to go with it

I drove past the ground today as I was taking my dad out for lunch.  I'd like to see them go up, as MK still has a lot of memories for me.

yeah I haven't got a massive problem with MK Dons, I know a lot of others have

I think part of it was I always hated Wimbledon not because they were small fry playing above there level but because they were cheating, conniving, dirty anti football bastards I hated watching there their shitty football (apart from FA Cup final obvs) and so I didn't care for them

MK went to the schools and youngsters to try and build their support base which is pretty crap to be fair but anyone much under 20 won't remember the history of how they came about anyway
and I've always said I'd rather have youngsters supporting the local team than glory hunting with Man Utd Chelsea etc of which we have millions

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2017, 06:50:59 AM »
He's 22, plenty of time to change his attitude and perhaps a spell with our youngsters will sort him. He had a couple of games early doors for us where he looked ok, perhaps he just needs the right mentor to guide him. Otherwise it's more wasted talent.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2018, 11:59:46 AM »
Seems like he did OK at Kilmarnock.

Is there a player in there we can make use of?  If we can't get a transfer fee, surely we need to take another look?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/15/kilmarnock-fans-want-aston-villas-aaron-tshibola-back/

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #543 on: May 29, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
Seems like he did OK at Kilmarnock.

Is there a player in there we can make use of?  If we can't get a transfer fee, surely we need to take another look?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/15/kilmarnock-fans-want-aston-villas-aaron-tshibola-back/

I liked the look of him in the few games he played in his first season, but there is obviously some kind of attitude problem with him which has surfaced at a number of clubs.  He seems to do well for Steve Clarke, so maybe he would be better off just going up there and playing for him.     

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #544 on: September 24, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »
I didn't see the game, but a lot of Kilmarnock fans (if that's possible) on Twitter were saying that Tshibola ran the midfield against Celtic yesterday. Granted, he was up against Youssouf Mulumbu, but if he;s putting in decent performances against Champions League sides it begs the question as to why Bruce didn't think he was fit for the Championship, doesn't it...?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #545 on: September 24, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
I have told the story two or three times but in this context of Tshibola's attitude issue it is worth retelling.

In the pre season friendlies three seasons ago we played Cambridge United.  Being only a five minute walk from my daughter's house we decided to go to the game.  I called VP on the day.  They said the unsold away tickets were on the bus with the players who were already on their way.  Villa player's bus eventually came.  We were still hanging around the ticket sales Portakabin.  Eventually with minutes to spare before kick off Aaron Tshibola appeared at the Portakabin to deliver the away tickets.  He was down to play (He played very well actually) but to say he was in a strop at running club errands would be a big understatement.

It was clear that either he had already got the hump with the club or the club at got the hump with him before he ever played a league game.

It was a memorable game we won 3-0 That could have been 6-0 without breaking sweat.  It was the only time I ever saw the combined attacking skills of our young players used properly.  Grealish, Green and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy.
L

Offline RussellC

« Reply #546 on: September 24, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »
I was at that game too. I remember Scott Sinclair and Gary Gardner playing particularly well!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #547 on: September 24, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »
I don't see anything particularly wrong at him being in a strop, there. I imagine most players have their own pre-match routine, possibly including many odd superstitions, that they like to stick to. Being asked to run club errands five minutes before kick off sounds a bit semi-pro.

Offline RussellC

« Reply #548 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:16 AM »
In terms of his attitude – and this isn’t to dismiss your story – but would he be the first young footballer to have a bit of an attitude? Would this warrant effectively throwing him on the footballing scrap-heap? I remember David Platt and Mark Bosnich being grumpy and arrogant, but it didn’t stop either of them producing the goods on the pitch.  Is his attitude any worse than Henri Lansbury’s couldn’t-care-less about actually playing football approach?

It just seems to me that if he keeps on playing well in Scotland it won’t be long before either one of the old firm or another Championship club takes an interest in him and he goes on to bigger and better things.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #549 on: September 24, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »
I had the feeling that when Bruce came in he quickly identified players that he thought he could get money for so that he could do what he likes best, buying players. I thought Tshibola was one of those. The problem was, other than a couple, many became unsellable due to high wages and not being put in the shop window by playing them.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #550 on: September 24, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »
Old man villa, what you said there is spot on, but the concern is the players Bruce has bought and also RDM there are not many of them that will sell for a profit, a problem we seem to have been able to repeat season after season for the last god knows how many years, we just seem to be very good at buying the main man from our rivals, then for a host of reasons and alot of them are management ones, making them into a hot pile of turd.
Maybe Super John maybe the turning point, but then I look at Bolaise, Tammy potential stars, but not our players.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #551 on: September 24, 2018, 11:49:55 AM »
In terms of his attitude – and this isn’t to dismiss your story – but would he be the first young footballer to have a bit of an attitude? Would this warrant effectively throwing him on the footballing scrap-heap? I remember David Platt and Mark Bosnich being grumpy and arrogant, but it didn’t stop either of them producing the goods on the pitch.  Is his attitude any worse than Henri Lansbury’s couldn’t-care-less about actually playing football approach?

It just seems to me that if he keeps on playing well in Scotland it won’t be long before either one of the old firm or another Championship club takes an interest in him and he goes on to bigger and better things.

He had problems at clubs he went on loan to didn't he?  If I recall correctly, he hardly played at Forest and MK Dons during his spells there. 

Online Drummond

« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »
Just because he's had a game or two in Scotland doesn't make him good enough for the Championship.

Offline RussellC

« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »
Just because he's had a game or two in Scotland doesn't make him good enough for the Championship.

What about the spell he had playing well for Reading....in the Championship?

Online Drummond

« Reply #554 on: September 24, 2018, 06:02:55 PM »

What about the spell he had playing well for Reading....in the Championship?

Oh yes, sorry, those 13 games were brilliant. So they loaned him out to Hartlepool.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal