collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pierluigi Gollini  (Read 43922 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Pierluigi Gollini - Signed
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
He did something similar in the first half, charging out to clear a ball that the defender could have dealt with, that time he just sliced into the Witton Lane. When the keeper comes that far it sort of forces the centre half to leave it or risk the him being stranded. If he stays back then it is a simple ball back to him. Other than that I think he's a decent keeper he just needs to know when to rush out and when to stay, that understanding should come the more they play together.

He may have been too far out, but as I pointed out a couple of times in the post-match thread, he was leaving it to Elphick who then gestured to him to come further and deal with it, when it seemed easier to me that he dealt with it himself. The ball was easily closer to Elphick I reckon.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2016, 01:24:22 AM »
First things first. I freely admit I haven't seen today's goals. But I hear he was at fault for one. Now the two kicking errors which lead to goals I did see and you could argue the kid was unlucky. Put it with today though and he's cost us three goals in five games. That's shocking by any standard. Bomb hin out. I don't care who we get instead. Even Kiraly only chucked one in in his last game

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2016, 01:25:37 AM »

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2016, 01:25:44 AM »
In short. He's shit and needs to be replaced.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2016, 03:44:05 AM »
I saw the goals. The first goal was from a shot from tbd edge of the area that he parried. The striker reacted quicker than our defence, no big deal. He wasn't actually at fault for either of the other goals. The reaction here is over the top. He's young and will learn.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2016, 09:12:03 AM »
Being sarky here but can we unsign him  and  bring a  keeper such as Marshall in to help us out.

Okay he's played for Verona in Italy but he looks  like a rabbit caught in headlights.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2016, 09:17:24 AM »
I saw the goals. The first goal was from a shot from tbd edge of the area that he parried. The striker reacted quicker than our defence, no big deal. He wasn't actually at fault for either of the other goals. The reaction here is over the top. He's young and will learn.
of course he was at fault for the first,he pushed it a yard he should have held it,there was no power in that shot.His position for the second was awful.
He is costing us points.
We can not afford to have a keeper learning on the job.

Offline levico

« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2016, 09:32:27 AM »
Looks like the ghost of Enckleman to me.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »
It does seem a bit odd that he's filled the team with relevant experience apart from the goalkeeper which you could say is a bit odd. It's a gamble to be honest.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2016, 09:52:32 AM »
He was definitely at fault for the first. It wasn't even a hard shot. And we've seen that technical flaw in him already - in games to date (the ince chance for Derby springs to mind) and his highlights reel

Given our situation, a 21 year old keeper from Italy was always an odd choice unless he's genuinely special. A proven keeper currently looks much more appealing.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »
Reminds me of when the proper Doc bought a young but promising John Phillips.He too made enough mistakes to affect his confidence and moved on fairly quickly.We should have gone for experience in this vital position.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2016, 10:50:10 AM »
Ironically Shay Given, who we let go last year, played for Stoke in the PL yesterday - looked assured but unlucky with the Baines penalty. Would rather someone like Boaz Myhill was brought in who wouldn't cost much.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2016, 03:00:26 PM »
Ironically Shay Given, who we let go last year, played for Stoke in the PL yesterday - looked assured but unlucky with the Baines penalty. Would rather someone like Boaz Myhill was brought in who wouldn't cost much.

A scout once said about Westwood that he had marshmallows for feet, which would explain his tackling and lack of pace. But I guess he meant he had a good touch.

Boaz Myhill has marshmallows for hands. It's a no from me.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2016, 04:30:03 PM »
Would sent a car now for Myhill if there was  any chance.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2016, 04:37:15 PM »
Looks like Marshall's going to Hull

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal