collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pierluigi Gollini  (Read 43924 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Pierluigi Gollini
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 11:25:31 PM »
The defenders won't like his stare ;)

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:56 PM »
Just looking at that promotion video  he looks like he wants to make spectacular saves rather than  safe ones.  Spills the ball  more than a couple of times and the vast majority of his  saves  appear to be to the left .  Oh well time will tell and can't possibly be as bad  as Guzan.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:24 PM »
Just looking at that promotion video  he looks like he wants to make spectacular saves rather than  safe ones.  Spills the ball  more than a couple of times and the vast majority of his  saves  appear to be to the left .  Oh well time will tell and can't possibly be as bad  as Guzan.

The first point doesn't really make sense, it's a highlights real, by it's nature it will show spectacular saves and skip the bread and butter ones. 

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 01:36:08 AM »
Think defence and midfield need more attention.  But good to play a for the future and his signing should keep the other keepers on their toes.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 02:22:30 AM »
Think defence and midfield need more attention.  But good to play a for the future and his signing should keep the other keepers on their toes.

I think he is the best ref going but I'm not sure he would be a good signing and he is in his forties isn't he?

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 03:21:17 AM »
I won't believe it until he's ITSOTBSG

Spoiler for Hiden:
In The Shirt On The Bench Spitting Gum

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2016, 09:38:02 AM »
I noticed that many of his saves were to his left, but I couldn't square that as a criticism, considering the attacking player had looked to put it past him on that side, what's he really supposed to do? Go the other way for a bit of variety?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2016, 10:30:12 AM »
I noticed that many of his saves were to his left, but I couldn't square that as a criticism, considering the attacking player had looked to put it past him on that side, what's he really supposed to do? Go the other way for a bit of variety?

He could at least throw the odd somersault into a dive. That whole diving towards the ball thing is so over-done these days.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2016, 10:39:37 AM »
I like the look of him from the you tube video.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:17 AM »
Is it confirmed yet?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »
I'll be happy if it is. That's the main area that required immediate attention in my view. Sort that out and we should be able to cobble a decent defensive unit together next season, esp with Elphick being signed also.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »
If we can get this guy and Tshibola in this week, that would be a very positive start to the summer. Would mean we'd spent around £12m already, showing our intentions and making everyone feel a bit better about the new Xia era.

Offline cdward

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
In the interest of balance i would like to see a you tube compilation of all the goals he has conceded.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
This sounds fairly certain (from 7500toholte)

Aston Villa target Pierluigi Gollini was cornered by Italy’s Sky Sport in an airport today and for those who can speak Italian, he dropped a few gems in the following interview.

Italian? I can’t speak it myself, but I’m fortunate enough to work with someone who can. Michele Pasquali of the AC Milan Offside stepped in to help me out with the language barrier. He took a look at the video and was able to reveal some exciting information.

‘It seems that Gollini, who played at Hellas Verona last season, signed with Aston Villa. He said he's happy to join such a "glorious" (literally) club and he thinks it's a great opportunity for him to play for them. Also, it seems that Verona wanted him to stay but they couldn't reach an agreement so he was happy to agree to Di Matteo's offer.’

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 03:18:33 PM »
Gollini saluta l’Hellas: “Grazie di tutto, Aston Villa opportunità importante. Non vedo l’ora di iniziare” ('Gollini thanks Hellas: "Thanks for everything", Aston Villa is a big opportunity. I can't wait to get started') (mediagol.it)

The interview, available in the page above, takes place outside of the airport. A quick translation:

I'm really happy about this opportunity. I'm a bit sad to leave Italy, because I love my country, but it is too important a footballing opportunity, so I can' wait to begin this new adventure. I've been to see the stadium; forty thousand people, it's an incredible stadium, an amazing sporting centre (he is referring to Bodymoor Heath here), structure of a Top Club. It's an illustrious ('glorioso') club and I can't wait to get started.

He then thanks Hellas and the fans before going on to how he ended up at the Villa:

There was interest from several parties, but there were various reasons why it wasn't possible to bring the various things together. But this opportunity; Aston Villa really wanted me. The coach, Di Matteo, really wanted me as keeper. I think it's a really big opportunity for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal