collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New club rules  (Read 9758 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: New club rules
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »
Fines aren't enough. Hit the shit heads where it hurts

Offline thegreatdane

• Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg paid more than
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
This is bang on! Interested to know the source of the photo?

Offline peter w

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »
I hope it's a fake otherwise it's going to establish a petty minded management culture.

We need a tougher regime but targeted at the type of behaviour we have seen from the likes of Gabby and Lescott - not penalising all and sundry just because a hold up on the M42 has resulted in them being 6 minutes late for training.

To be honest these tend to be pretty common place among different levels of football. The fines tend to be laid down from management and players agree to them as it's part and parcel of the job. If you come out with stupid stuff - like a fine for leaving your collars up a la Dwight Yorke - you'll get dissent - but as a player you're used to it so allow managers to put their rules in place.

In all honesty most players like it as it's part of the togetherness feeling and creates a manager/coach and players dividing line.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
I hope it's a fake otherwise it's going to establish a petty minded management culture.

We need a tougher regime but targeted at the type of behaviour we have seen from the likes of Gabby and Lescott - not penalising all and sundry just because a hold up on the M42 has resulted in them being 6 minutes late for training.
I hope it's not fake as it's just the sort of discipline a club needs from top to bottom. Don't see it as petty at all and it's not uncommon throughout football at all levels.
I'm sure I read somewhere that Sherwood let them get away with quite a lot in his time here.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
Which is where?

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2016, 08:22:11 PM »
Which is where?

Across the throat or back of the head with a 7lb Lumphammer for starters!!!!

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »
Turns out it was true - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mystery-surrounding-aston-villa-rules-11556110?

It transpires that it is genuine, but that it was an early draft of the disciplinary code and that Villa have already, quite literally, ripped up the rulebook.

Well done Matt. Where did you learn to write? Quite literally. Seriously, though.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 11:49:19 PM »
Turns out it was true - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mystery-surrounding-aston-villa-rules-11556110?

It transpires that it is genuine, but that it was an early draft of the disciplinary code and that Villa have already, quite literally, ripped up the rulebook.

Well done Matt. Where did you learn to write? Quite literally. Seriously, though.
But hes seriously in the know, you know,

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 11:53:50 PM »
I think this thing isn't real

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal