collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forgive and forget?  (Read 21991 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Forgive and forget?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 12:54:00 PM »
I'm quite glad they are all silent. What will prove their commitment isn't what they say or tweet, it's the shape they come back to the club in. If Gabby comes back 2 stone lighter then it will show he has dedicated himself to something other than bongs and booze in the summer.

Either that, or he's moved on to heroin.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 02:16:17 PM »
I am sure this has been touched upon elsewhere but would like to get a feel for whether with a new fresh start of owner, manager and coaches the most targeted of our players from last year would get a amnesty from supporters*.

My view is:

Gabby - gone too far - has to go ASAP
Lescott - not the brightest of people but experience could be of benefit - keep for one more year
Bacuna - But for a silly comment about Champs league ambitions, i have not understood the vitriol towards him - keep for versatility
Richards - Attitude has been poor towards club and Manager - was other half of the Dubai fiasco - poor influence - get rid ASAP
Guzan - player of the year to useless in a season? - would like to think piss poor coaching was to blame - keep but as back up to new keeper

Nope. I wouldn't keep a single one of that lot

Offline KRS

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »
There is no need to keep any of the poisonous five. They aren't good enough and have shown disrespect and disregard for Aston Villa, so they don't deserve to be associated to or represent the club. Cancelling contracts will be a problem if they are unable to move onto other clubs, but everything should be done to get them out even if it means freezing them out. There are plenty of players out there hungry to play for a club like Villa and there's no reason for any of this lot to be anywhere near the team.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »
In the words of Vito Corleone: "That, I do not forgive."

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 04:01:46 PM »
Gabby & Richards should go if we can move them on because of their bad attitudes last season,
As for the others the manager must decide when he sees them and can get a view of their mindset
to see if they are up to the challenge

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »
I don't mind Richards. I think he cares and is not bad at right back. I could tolerate Lescott. He's done some stupid things but I think that's more stupidity than actual malice or not giving a shit.

The rest can fuck off.

The one I would be most annoyed to see again Agbonlahor. He's been taking the piss for five years or more. GTF.

I agree although with richards it's with the caveat that he never plays at CB. He has been pretty shit though so I certainly wouldn't be bothered.

I want Bacuna to fuck off because he's shite though, nothing to do with his comments.

Gabby is the one where there is zero chance of me forgiving him. He's been pissing me off for years.

Edit: Actually the more thought I give it the more I realise that Richards is too shit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:24:10 PM by edgysatsuma89 »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 04:17:51 PM »
Bin the lot. Tossers to a man, and appalling players too.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 04:30:22 PM »

Agree 100%

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 04:36:35 PM »
As with WW we could forgive them, but never ever forget that these wastrels played the Villa fans for absolute fools.

Richards appears to be the catalyst a shit player who couldn't be arsed, a worse captain and he didn't even have the courage as club captain to play the final games. He is an absolute wanker.

Gabby, we have a zero tolerance for alcohol at work, if I had so much as a sniff of a drink during working hours I would be down the road, how an athlete can get 2 stone overweight during the season is beyond belief. He obviously thinks he is bigger than the club, another wanker, F**k him off.

Guzan, I was at Wycombe and we were appalling, not sure whether it was stupidity or just bad judgement over the chewing gum, however that doesn't excuse his behaviour, we're hurting so should he. F**k him off just not good enough.

Bacuna, irritating grin when he f**ks up, and who can forget the back pass against Southampton. Not good enough for the Villa, shame really I thought he was quite good when he first arrived.

Lescott, the epitome of the thick footballer, luckily he is a footballer because he would be permanent fixture in the job centre if he was a normal working guy. Might be able to salvage something for next season with him, but if a stupid bid from the USA comes in, don't stand in his way.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 04:40:05 PM »
I am sure this has been touched upon elsewhere but would like to get a feel for whether with a new fresh start of owner, manager and coaches the most targeted of our players from last year would get a amnesty from supporters*.

My view is:

Gabby - gone too far - has to go ASAP
Lescott - not the brightest of people but experience could be of benefit - keep for one more year
Bacuna - But for a silly comment about Champs league ambitions, i have not understood the vitriol towards him - keep for versatility
Richards - Attitude has been poor towards club and Manager - was other half of the Dubai fiasco - poor influence - get rid ASAP
Guzan - player of the year to useless in a season? - would like to think piss poor coaching was to blame - keep but as back up to new keeper

Nope. I wouldn't keep a single one of that lot

Nor me.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
No idea why people are making excuses for the grinning, could not give a toss, twat Bacuna.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 04:58:57 PM »
if the manager deems fit to choose them I will back that decision

However it will not be forgotten how they have behaved in the past

and I will not endear them to my bossom (moobs ) in the future

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 05:03:13 PM »

Agree 100%
seconded

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 05:46:48 PM »
Fuck the lot off

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »
Lescott is the worst of all  of them with his general attitude towards the fans.  Not the worst in terms of playing ability but he lost the supporters on more than one occasion last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal