collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forgive and forget?  (Read 22115 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Forgive and forget?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 11:14:08 AM »
I don't mind Richards. I think he cares and is not bad at right back. I could tolerate Lescott. He's done some stupid things but I think that's more stupidity than actual malice or not giving a shit.

The rest can fuck off.

The one I would be most annoyed to see again Agbonlahor. He's been taking the piss for five years or more. GTF.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 11:16:08 AM »
I'm still not sure what Bacuna said warranted him being booed Steve Hodge-like, it was all a bit ridiculous. Guzan just lost a lot of form and confidence. Gabby, Lescott and Richards wouldn't be missed though.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »
Guzan's the only one of the five I don't quite think deserves the hate but he's just a poor keeper now so needs to be let go.

I fail to see Bacuna's terrible crime (aside from playing as badly as all the others)

An interviewer asks him "if you come back to the Eredivisie, would you like to play for someone like Ajax or PSV?", he answers "sure, they're good".

It's hardly pissing on the feet of the McGregor statue.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
Leave! Leave ! Leave! Leave! Leave!
I remain to be convinced otherwise.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 11:25:38 AM »
True. It's one of those things that would be forgotten about in a successful season.

Had John Carew been playing last season his antics in attending a lap-dancing club the night before a game would've been another example of how everything is wrong, rather than roguish behaviour to be indulged with a wry smile.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
Guzan's the only one of the five I don't quite think deserves the hate but he's just a poor keeper now so needs to be let go.

I fail to see Bacuna's terrible crime (aside from playing as badly as all the others)

An interviewer asks him "if you come back to the Eredivisie, would you like to play for someone like Ajax or PSV?", he answers "sure, they're good".

It's hardly pissing on the feet of the McGregor statue.

There were some incidents with fans as well.  I was at the Southampton when, minutes after giving away a goal with one of the worst backpasses I've ever seen, he was giving it the "come on then" gesture to fans as he walked off at half-time. 

I still maintain that with a bit of experience and hard work he could become a decent RB.  Just not with us though.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 11:52:01 AM »
I said in a different thread as much as we might want some or all of this lot gone, chances are they won't be. So come August and they are, and if they have shown the right attitude in their play and training, we cannot continue to vent our frustration or anger at them as it will be counter productive to our goals. Now Xia might conclude fuck it and he's paying them off but it hasn't happened yet, and it won't until RDM gets to see and talk to them when they get back for pre season. If Gabby comes back as fat a bastard as he ended the season then it might be nail in coffin time.

What we all agree on is we can't have the poisonous environment of last season so they will have to be model pros if they are to survive.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »
All need to go, I won't be supporting any of them in a Villa shirt again.

New owner, new manager, new coaches, new season, new players. They will only drag us down.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »
They can all fuck off.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »
If I saw some form of awareness and acknowledgment that they may just have had something to do with the fact we are now in the Championship then I could forgive (but not forget) - as it is I imagine them waking up every morning going "We're in the Championship! How the hell did that happen?"

Gabby's silence is deafening...

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
Had John Carew been playing last season his antics in attending a lap-dancing club the night before a game would've been another example of how everything is wrong, rather than roguish behaviour to be indulged with a wry smile.

That is a very salient point and shows the level of brainlessness with some of the players. If we were doing "ok" and in no fear of relegation and Richards and Gabby swan off to Dubai then not an eyelid would have been batted. Similar for the Gum game at Wycombe and the car tweet and the Champions league comment

It shows a level of both arrogance, contempt and ignorance that not one of them thought what they were doing was inappropriate or would have a backlash so I now lean towards fuck them all off.

There are many also that need never darken our door purely down to being shit at football but these are the cancer that needs stripping out

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 12:26:15 PM »
I'm quite glad they are all silent. What will prove their commitment isn't what they say or tweet, it's the shape they come back to the club in. If Gabby comes back 2 stone lighter then it will show he has dedicated himself to something other than bongs and booze in the summer.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
We need a clean sweep with this lot being just the start.  The Villa has stunk of failure for years and we need some genuine winners in to change the mentality around the place - Elphick is a good start but he'll be fighting a losing battle if this bunch of wankers are still around the place calling the shots.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »
All absolute wankers. Will not be impressed if I see any of them playing for us next season.

Worst is Gabby-I shall never ever ever support anything he does again. He no doubt will do fuck all, but still. Bridge has been well and truly burnt.

Richards and Bacuna next in line. Get in the sea motherfuckers! Twitter wanker, grinning wanker. Scum. Both shit, too.

Lescott-the tweet after losing 6-0. Fuck off you turd.

Guzan-shit. Fuck off.

stop sitting on the fence :-)

Haha. This was the polite transcript. If I wrote what I want to write, it may cause an uproar. I respect other posters, so declined.

If I had to choose one to stay, it's be Guzan. But that's like choosing my favourite from AIDS, cancer, syphilis(sp), a spot in my ear and a really big mouth ulcer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:51:11 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline peter w

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »
I'd add Okore into this rogues gallery

Gabby - probably has gone too far but as I said previously it depends on whether we can get someone to take him on. If not then he'll have to knuckle down and accept that he needs to do a lot to earn the fans trust again

Lescott - I would keep for one more season. It depends on his legs and old injuries though and that is what the coaches need to look at.

Bacuna - Not good enough and unfairly treated I thought. his interview was blown out of all proportion and the fans were in an unforgiving mood to anyone who made comments last season. He's not good enough for the Premier League and I doubt the Championship either. However, he may be kept on for continuity.

Richards -I'm not sure his attitude has been poor. I just think he has been rank dreadful.

Guzan - maybe keep him but the time to be looking for a keeper is now.

Okore - I've put my views on him elsewhere so won't go into great deal. But for me there should be no coming back and I want him gone.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:57:41 PM by peter w »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal