collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forgive and forget?  (Read 22125 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Forgive and forget?
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:14:15 AM »
I am sure this has been touched upon elsewhere but would like to get a feel for whether with a new fresh start of owner, manager and coaches the most targeted of our players from last year would get a amnesty from supporters*.

My view is:

Gabby - gone too far - has to go ASAP
Lescott - not the brightest of people but experience could be of benefit - keep for one more year
Bacuna - But for a silly comment about Champs league ambitions, i have not understood the vitriol towards him - keep for versatility
Richards - Attitude has been poor towards club and Manager - was other half of the Dubai fiasco - poor influence - get rid ASAP
Guzan - player of the year to useless in a season? - would like to think piss poor coaching was to blame - keep but as back up to new keeper

*not sure if this could be made into a poll?

Offline Jimbo

Re: Forgive and forget?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »
They couldn't be arsed when they were playing for a Premier League team, so why would they be arsed to haul us out of the Championship? Each one of them has shown disregard for the club and I don't see those attitudes suddenly changing now they are in a lower division with less money in their pay packets.

As in relationships, when it's gone, it's gone. And it's gone.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:58 AM »
Get rid of the lot of them. I'd be very pissed off if we give these twats a second chance after their attitude last season

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
Had it not been for his attitude, I think a decent coaching team might have made something of Bacuna as a RB.  As it is though, I think all the players mentioned need to go and I don't think seeing any of them appear again in a Villa is going to do anyone any favours. 

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »
Guzan with coaching maybe. Bacuna will always be not good enough. The rest can fuck off.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:27:25 AM »
Nay, nay & thrice nay.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 09:29:32 AM »
It's a no for me, Clive.

Pragmatism/ realism tells me we won't get our way and ship all of them out, but we should be aiming to.

I can't forgive or forget the role that fetid lot had in our demise.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those mentioned move on and have a half decent season or two wherever they go, but for me their chapter at Villa is over.  More for a fresh start than any personal I'll feeling, it's best for all that they go.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 09:48:09 AM »
All of the above mentioned aren't any good anyway, if they all behaved like saints, I'd still be looking to ship them out.

We need a fresh start so they all have to go for how they carried on last season.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 09:48:20 AM »
They all have to go for me, and more of them. A purge by fire.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »
The chewing gum incident with Guan was a bit stupid but not something I consider as a reason for getting rid of him. However, I still want him to go based on ability. I think he lost it towards the end of Lambert's second season. He became complacent initially and then his confidence fell to the point of having no confidence at all. A defence relies on having a confident keeper.

As for the rest, in order of first out of the door - Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Bacuna.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 09:52:05 AM »
All absolute wankers. Will not be impressed if I see any of them playing for us next season.

Worst is Gabby-I shall never ever ever support anything he does again. He no doubt will do fuck all, but still. Bridge has been well and truly burnt.

Richards and Bacuna next in line. Get in the sea motherfuckers! Twitter wanker, grinning wanker. Scum. Both shit, too.

Lescott-the tweet after losing 6-0. Fuck off you turd.

Guzan-shit. Fuck off.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »
All absolute wankers. Will not be impressed if I see any of them playing for us next season.

Worst is Gabby-I shall never ever ever support anything he does again. He no doubt will do fuck all, but still. Bridge has been well and truly burnt.

Richards and Bacuna next in line. Get in the sea motherfuckers! Twitter wanker, grinning wanker. Scum. Both shit, too.

Lescott-the tweet after losing 6-0. Fuck off you turd.

Guzan-shit. Fuck off.

stop sitting on the fence :-)

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 10:53:56 AM »
I would love to see them all replaced, Richards and Becuna are the two I could put up with.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 11:09:31 AM »
Guzan's the only one of the five I don't quite think deserves the hate but he's just a poor keeper now so needs to be let go.

I think we need to get all 5 away, some really poor attitudes there and another problem is we need the crowd onside and VP to have a positive atmosphere.

That will not happen with those 5 in the team as if we have a poor result or run of form VP will quickly turn poisonous again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal