collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dr X to buy other clubs  (Read 9646 times)

Offline FiveKenMcNaughts

Re: Dr X to buy other clubs
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »
Let's build a club worthy of the brand first eh ?

My thoughts although franchising will inevitably happen under this ownership.

Didn't we from memory have some sort of tie in with a Danish club about 10 years ago? Don't think much came of that.

Yes I was just thinking of that too.  Couldn't find any info on that either though.

I'm sure it was AB. I remember it being a team in Green and White. I think we signed a couple of kids but they never made it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 11:54:57 AM »
This was the Danish link-up:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/villa-announce-link-with-ab-copenhagen-1.415944

I don't think anything came of it. Wasn't it supposed to be a way to get around British work permit rules by farming off talented non-EU youngsters to Denmark until they had acquired a Danish passport so we could sign them?

I seem to recall a similar link with some Swedish mob but don't recall a link with Rhyl. Indeed I can't see what we'd have gained from one.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »
Knowing us, we'll build an empire of European clubs, get into europe ourselves and then get knocked out by one of our own teams.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
Knowing us, we'll build an empire of European clubs, get into europe ourselves and then get knocked out by one of our own teams.

On away goals, it always seems away goals.

Offline LTA

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 12:31:45 PM »
So he's going to buy more clubs, but insists he will spend all his time here?  Utter rubbish.  This whole takeover is doomed to failure.  At least see if he can run one club first before taking on others. 

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
So he's going to buy more clubs, but insists he will spend all his time here?  Utter rubbish.  This whole takeover is doomed to failure.  At least see if he can run one club first before taking on others. 

He didn't insist he would spend all his time here, he said he would spend the time he needs to here. He has also appointed an experienced football CEO to run the business day-to-day.

As for 'utter rubbish', I would suggest that applies better to your 'doomed to failure' nonsense.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »

Fucking shock, horror. Another miserable, negative post by LTA. Nothing will make you happier than seeing it doomed to failure is my impression.

Offline AV89

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 12:38:59 PM »

LTA, are you actually hoping to achieve something with this relentless stream of negativity?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 12:39:07 PM »
This was the Danish link-up:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/villa-announce-link-with-ab-copenhagen-1.415944

I don't think anything came of it. Wasn't it supposed to be a way to get around British work permit rules by farming off talented non-EU youngsters to Denmark until they had acquired a Danish passport so we could sign them?

I seem to recall a similar link with some Swedish mob but don't recall a link with Rhyl. Indeed I can't see what we'd have gained from one.

If it was AB København, then it was the club that's now returned to it's orginal name of AB (Akademisk Boldklub) Gladsaxe, Gladsaxe being a suburb of Greater Copenhagen like Brøndby.

A quick Google says that they were relegated from the top flight in 2004/05 and have just been relegated to the 3rd division.

I don't know where the quick work around passport requirements comes from.

7 years uninterupted residency for a Danish passport after passing the citizenship exam, with maximum of 6 months in total out of the country.

Earlier this year, 1 guy from New Zealand got kicked back 6 months because he tootk his wife and 5 year old daughter to NZ for 3 months just before he was due to take the exam, not realising that the  2 x 2 month secondments to the US for his employer would count in the 6 months.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 12:44:07 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong then. I remember Man U had a deal with Antwerp and remember thinking this was the same. Obviously immigration rules in Belgium are different to in Denmark, so I don't know what the point in the link-up, if it ever got off the ground, was.

Offline peter w

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »

You really hope so we get it. Bet your getting nervous as we're getting excited though, eh?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:49:06 PM by peter w »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 12:51:26 PM »
I can't wait till we start winning again and LTA stops posting.

He contributes nothing but gloom and misery.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 12:54:34 PM »
I can't wait till we start winning again and LTA stops posting.

He contributes nothing but gloom and misery.

Oh I don't know.

He/She gives me a 5 minute mental workout trying to come up with appropriate meanings for LTA.

I always get stuck with Laughably and Tedious and I'm starting to run out of suitable A's as well.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »
I may possibly have dreamed this as I can't find anything on the internet now, but didn't we have some sort of tie up deal with Rhyl FC?  Knowing Ellis, it would have for free static caravan provision in the holidays.

Warm weather training at the sun centre.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
Doesn't the Charlton owner own Eastern European clubs and basically forces Charltons manager to sign them and play them?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal