collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Ross  (Read 11023 times)

Offline conman

Re: Tom Ross
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
Tom's a nice chap. He's a friend of the family so i'm kind of biased but he's 10 times as good and unbiased as those clowns over at the BBC who are supposedly meant to be supporting their local teams will ever will be.

Enjoy your retirement Tom.

His daughter is married to my mate's wife's brother. So I win.
I like Tom , his granddaughter went to school with my youngest son

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 10:35:55 PM »
Ross was pretty decent as reporter but I stopped listening to him years ago when it was apparent his phone-in was turning into the Small Heath show.
Enjoy your semi-retirement.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 10:49:31 PM »
Did Tom Ross actually storm off set to put an end to the show he had with Gavin or was that all staged? They were always bickering and Gavin always made Ross his whipping boy if I recall correctly. It all seemed quite staged but I don't think they did another show after that.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 11:00:38 PM »
Did Tom Ross actually storm off set to put an end to the show he had with Gavin or was that all staged? They were always bickering and Gavin always made Ross his whipping boy if I recall correctly. It all seemed quite staged but I don't think they did another show after that.

Ross has made no secret of the fact that they didn't get on, and said in the article that they haven't spoken since Gavin left.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »
Thanks Dave. You never know with "show business"'so to speak and it did allow them to pursue new avenues in their careers. The impression you always got is that Gavin was pro Villa and loved Sir Graham so naturally Villa fans might look on him in a more favourable light.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 07:21:23 AM »
I've got be honest, I never warmed to Ross and thought him a broadcasting mediocrity. He lacked credibility too because of his overt association with and support for Small Heath.

I don't agree with that at all. Who he supports has nothing to do with his credibility really and it's the kind of thing you'd expect a Blues fan to come out with.

Besides, the fact he was happy to admit who he supported unlike other broadcaster's in the area is what fans appreciated and is why he was liked.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 08:51:34 AM »
Pretty sure he's an OAP now, so thought he would retire, so he could spend his retirement, following his beloved Blues home and away. But perhaps he still needs the money.

I always thought that the blues paid people to go.

Hence them always being in financial trouble and their shit crowds as they can never afford to pay for too many people to go.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »
Pretty sure he's an OAP now, so thought he would retire, so he could spend his retirement, following his beloved Blues home and away. But perhaps he still needs the money.

Hence them always being in financial trouble and their shit crowds as they can never afford to pay for too many people to go.

How stupid will you look in five years when they are bigger than the Villa and I'm Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/Fernandez-Whatsisnames's latest husband?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 10:16:37 AM »

How stupid will you look in five years when they are bigger than the Villa and I'm Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/Fernandez-Whatsisnames's latest husband?

I'm sure I can find plenty of ways to look stupid without waiting 5 years millenia for that.

Offline castlefields_villan

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
I've always liked Tom Ross - very natural and just himself, and for me a far better successor to Tony Butler than George Gavin.

I remember having a couple of discussions with him on his phone in and also met him at a BRMB Function at the Tower Ballroom in 1989 and found him very sincere to talk to in person.

For me, an all round good chap - all the best Tom.

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »
Tom is on my local station tomorrow doing an interview - the presenter is a nose and regretfully a friend of mine.

Obviously making the most of his retirement and coming out to the sunshine.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »
I seem to remember that he used to go on holiday with Beelzebub to Spain back when he was in charge at Small Heath.

I always imagined F*****s lying on a sunbed demanding another cool lager and Ross scampering up the beach like a little Penfold - "yes Trev, no problem Trev, keep right on Trev".

Offline conman

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 01:38:16 PM »
I seem to remember that he used to go on holiday with Beelzebub to Spain back when he was in charge at Small Heath.

I always imagined F*****s lying on a sunbed demanding another cool lager and Ross scampering up the beach like a little Penfold - "yes Trev, no problem Trev, keep right on Trev".
3 bags full Trev
yes Tom is a nice bloke , but such a creep , he was constantly creeping up sullivans ,and golds and bradys arses on the radio

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 09:33:12 PM »
Ok his blues but growning up in brum in the late 80s he and George Gavin are part of my early football memories. His got a show on big centre tv, Kenny swains on there.  I'm watching a repeat of the live show from 6. Can't wait for Looney to phone in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal