collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tommy Elphick - signed for Huddersfield  (Read 151227 times)

Offline DrGonzo

Re: Tommy Elphick
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »
Whenever I hear his name I think of the Elephant Man. The combination of Elephant and Merrick does it I think.

Funny that as it makes me think of Michael Elphick and for that reason this signing would be a Boon.

This thread is full of plagarists...

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 05:59:53 PM »
Is he any good?

Good enough for the championship and leadership qualities.  Got married last week.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »
Super super Tom
Super super Tom
Super super Tom
super Tommy Elphick

Offline peter w

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 06:05:07 PM »
I think that YouTube clip has already given us his song.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 06:11:38 PM »
Is he any good?

Good enough for the championship and leadership qualities.  Got married last week.

Need to do better, Eastie would know the name of his wife and where they went on honeymoon.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »
I'll preface this by saying I've never seen him play I don't think, but I hope we're looking at his playing ability as well as his apparent excellent character. The latter is important, especially in our squad, but being a good enough player to significantly contribute to our promotion is the most important thing. I remember when we were signing the likes of Lowton and Westwood from the lower leagues we were saying how they'd be hungry and have the right character, but ultimately they weren't good enough players. I realise this situation is different in that he'd be dropping a league to join us, but I still thinks it's relevant.
This is by no a criticism, as I'm sure he's good, but it just came to mind.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
I'll preface this by saying I've never seen him play I don't think, but I hope we're looking at his playing ability as well as his apparent excellent character. The latter is important, especially in our squad, but being a good enough player to significantly contribute to our promotion is the most important thing. I remember when we were signing the likes of Lowton and Westwood from the lower leagues we were saying how they'd be hungry and have the right character, but ultimately they weren't good enough players. I realise this situation is different in that he'd be dropping a league to join us, but I still thinks it's relevant.
This is by no a criticism, as I'm sure he's good, but it just came to mind.

Good point, Paul. We're shopping for a very different type of player this year. Character and experience could be so important. Add some flair and a 25 goal striker and we could bounce back. That's why I look at our squad and wonder how many we can keep. Very few.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »
So this guy is a leader and a captain by all accounts, with experience of promotion from that league. More players in that mould please

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 06:40:05 PM »
Here he explains his pre match ritual. It appears Tommy is a superstitious young man.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »

Looks like we are signing a mentalist - welcome  :)

Did you watch some of the following videos?  He come across really well and the clips suggest he is a bit of a talisman.

I also noted that Bournemouth have a sports physiologist, does anyone know whether we have reached the 'future' yet or is it still considered witchcraft?

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »
He likes Grealish:

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »
Well he was good in Boon.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 07:43:49 PM »
Spoke to a Bournemouth fan who said he was said to see him going. That in itself is a bit of a novelty for us.

Said he was unsure if he is up to Premier League class but didn't really get the chance to show it he could.

Not over big or fast, but has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Good organiser and a big character in the dressing room, with knowledge of how to win that league. Demands high standards from his team mates.

A genuine leader for once! It might be the making of the likes of Clark to partner somebody given Clark's biggest let down is a lack of concentration.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
Leeds interested apparently. If we lose him to them it'll be a sickener.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
No chance if he's going to be first choice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal