collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rory
[Today at 02:36:36 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 8 players released  (Read 8788 times)

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
Re: 8 players released
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
Generally agree with the comments on Richardson.  Ultimately not being good enough is not deserving of the same level of vitriol as not giving a shit.  Unfortunately, though, both are synonymous of the players we've had to endure for too long.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
If he didn't intentionally miss that chance in one of the last home matches, I can plait sawdust.

For me, he's as much as a wanker as the usual suspects

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
I regard him as walking proof of the need to incorporate psychological evaluation in the fitness tests of incoming players.  Every muscle, bone, ligament, sinew and corpuscle of them is examined in the most minute detail but nobody ever thinks to assess their brain.

This. Psychological, as well as general intelligence assessment should be standard practice. The amount of thick-as-whale-spunk players - and, to be fair, owners - we've had at Villa Park in recent years would win all of Britain's Village Idiot contests for the next thousand years. 

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
For the worst five year stretch in our recent history, Charles can say "I was there".

He can say that, but he wasn't even really 'there' was he? The fancy panted, twat hatted oxygen burglar.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2016, 02:23:58 PM »
Tongue in cheek,the only thing i ever saw Richardson do of note at Villa Park,was score that cracking goal for Fulham which i am sure was probably the major factor along with him being a free transfer that tempted Lambert to sigh him

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2016, 03:12:35 PM »
Tongue in cheek,the only thing i ever saw Richardson do of note at Villa Park,was score that cracking goal for Fulham which i am sure was probably the major factor along with him being a free transfer that tempted Lambert to sigh him

The header off the line in the cup semi final will be my highlight of Richardson's time at Villa

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »
I regard him as walking proof of the need to incorporate psychological evaluation in the fitness tests of incoming players.  Every muscle, bone, ligament, sinew and corpuscle of them is examined in the most minute detail but nobody ever thinks to assess their brain.

This. Psychological, as well as general intelligence assessment should be standard practice. The amount of thick-as-whale-spunk players - and, to be fair, owners - we've had at Villa Park in recent years would win all of Britain's Village Idiot contests for the next thousand years. 

I don't think we needed a full psychological assessment to discover he's a mardy arse. We could've asked Sigmund Kinnear.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »
Wankpuffins - a fantastic frase. Well done Concrete Jon.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »

He came on and changed the game if I remember rightly. I thought at the time, I wouldn't mind signing him in a free...

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
I remember reading an interview with CNZ in The Guardian just after we signed him, in which he talked about his tough upbringing and how football saved him from a life of criminality and hardship. It painted a picture of a humble guy who was grateful for his gifts and determined to seize his big opportunity. What happened there then?

He discovered cuntery.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »

He came on and changed the game if I remember rightly. I thought at the time, I wouldn't mind signing him in a free...

Absolutely right chaps. He was a game-changer that day and looked much better than anything we had to offer.

Sadly that game was his best at VP, including all the games he actually "played" for us.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2016, 05:51:29 PM »

I don't think we needed a full psychological assessment to discover he's a mardy arse. We could've asked Sigmund Kinnear.

“And each time he came in, he made it clear he did not want to be at the club so in the end, there was only one thing I could do – send him to Wigan!”

Great line that

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2016, 05:53:03 PM »
I remember reading an interview with CNZ in The Guardian just after we signed him, in which he talked about his tough upbringing and how football saved him from a life of criminality and hardship. It painted a picture of a humble guy who was grateful for his gifts and determined to seize his big opportunity. What happened there then?

Somebody summed it up earlier, he's a c**t

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2016, 08:36:46 PM »
Who has made the decision to release these players I wonder? You'd think the new management would want to take a look at some of them e.g Kinsella and Donacien before sanctioning their release?

kinsella was never going to be good enough, never got near our shittest team in god knows how many years and ended up on loan at luton and kiddy

same as the goalkeeper whos name i cant spell
LK was quite good at tweeting though

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 01:16:41 AM »
I'd release the whole first team squad. To pack of starving hyenas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal