collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Woodward  (Read 24034 times)

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
Re: Jack Woodward
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »
His punditry and poesy always sent a shiver down my spine, just before I smashed the speakers. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »
I thought most on here had re-named him 'Woodwank', to be fair I only saw bits of him but he certainly wasn't as irritating as some well known football presenters/commentators etc. It just sounds like he was not very good at what he did, a sort of Westwood/Clark/Hutton if you like.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »

Never like to see anyone lose their job, he was however cringe worthy in the extreme. He'd make an ideal compare at Butlins or on a shitty cruise ship

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
Will behonest I have no idea who he is, but judging by some of the comments that might make me the lucky one.. ;)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
I always got the feeling that a lot of what he did was extremely tongue in cheek. He'll be missed.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 12:45:30 PM »
That video of Jack in the bath singing some of the players names with his villa rubber duck will live with me for ever.

So bad it was good.

Good luck Jack

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »
Not a fan of commentaries at all but he will still be a big miss.

It wasn't like he just rocked up at 2pm on Saturdays and did comms, he did all the reserve and youth team games. Also did all the community and Acorns interviews so quite a lot to replace I think.

Need to certainly get someone in, maybe Amelia will get a bigger role next season?

I don't really watch AVTV and certainly don't want to subscribe to it but what we certainly need a revamp of is our Youtube content.

Given we now have the China market to appeal to I think we'll see a lot of changes in that area over the next year. When you compare our Youtube offerings compared to even league one clubs, it is pretty poor offering in terms of behind the scenes and player interviews.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »
Hopefully, AVTV will be replaced by something much more professional and reliable. Jack was pretty poor but I don't like the thought of him losing his job. I hope he finds something suitable, quickly and is happy doing it. Good luck Jack.

Pretty sure on weekends off he used to pop up on Talksport and also Soccer Saturday so he won't be short of those sort of gigs if he goes freelance.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 01:02:15 PM »

Which Wembley appearance was it when he read out the team sheet with added shit like 'the bald Eagle' Braaaaaad Guzzzaaan etc etc ?

The opposition fans must've been pissing themselves

Offline Jarpie

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 01:03:34 PM »
He reminds me a lot about one finnish presenter who is mostly disliked, both would suit to host childrens program lot more than sports.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 01:06:56 PM »

Which Wembley appearance was it when he read out the team sheet with added shit like 'the bald Eagle' Braaaaaad Guzzzaaan etc etc ?

The opposition fans must've been pissing themselves

Did he genuinely have a stutter as I could then understand why he always did the ccccc Ciaran Clark and Cuellar when he was here when reading the times.

Otherwise he sounded an idiot!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »
Always came across as being more than a bit Alan Partridge to me, some of his commentary fitted perfectly into that funny/uncomfortable niche.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »
I met him a few years ago when I ended up in the Trinity, I think it was McLeish's first game where we beat Blackburn 2-0. Just got chatting to him and he seemed like a really lovely guy, we should definitely have something a bit more professional as the mouthpiece of the club, mind.

I've heard him do other tid-bits of voice-over work for Football League coverage so I'm sure he'll find work.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
I was told that he would drive to away reserve games when he wasn't working, so that he could recognise the players better. That sort of professionalism and attention to detail makes me think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »
I was told that he would drive to away reserve games when he wasn't working, so that he could recognise the players better. That sort of professionalism and attention to detail makes me think he knew exactly what he was doing.

No doubting the professionalism at all, just the delievery wasn't the best when he was commentating.

Tbf I don't have AVTV and haven't listened to his comms for quite a while now (maybe back to when the Villain was on Sky tv) but it wasn't great then. Worst was when they got rid of proper commentators and just had him doing the goal comms on the season reviews.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal