collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol City  (Read 4662 times)

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
Bristol City
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »
Bristol City Football Club
Ashton Gate Stadium,
Bristol
BS3 2EJ

Telephone: 0117 963 0600
Fax: 0117 963 0700
Email:  0117 963 0600
Ticket Sales: 0117 963 0600
Disabled Supporters Liaison:  0117 963 0600
Ticket Email: supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

Directions

Please observe all local parking restrictions and make alternative travel arrangements wherever possible.

If you have to drive, the Sat Nav postcode is BS3 2EJ

M5: Leave the M5 motorway at junction 18, travel along the Portway (A4) following the signs for Bristol Airport/Taunton (A38). Over the swing bridge (Brunel Way), branching left into Winterstoke Road, and left again at the traffic lights for Ashton Gate.

FROM M4: At junction 19, exit onto M32 towards Bristol. Continue on A4032. Turn left at A4044/Bond Street. Continue to follow A4044. At Temple Circus Gyratory, take the 2nd exit onto A4/Templegate. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A370/York Road. Continue to follow A370. Go through one roundabout. Slight left to merge onto Brunel Way. Take the next left at traffic lights for Ashton Gate.

Parking

Parking around Ashton Gate is severely limited.

Due to the redevelopment at Ashton Gate there is no on-site  parking for the 2015/16 season.  There is limited availability on matchdays for parking at an off-site location at Avonline PLC in Ashton Vale Road.  Cost is £5 but it must be booked in advance. Please call Supporter Services on 0117 963 0600. Avonline is an 8 minute walk from Ashton Gate (0.4 miles), and there is a free shuttle bus service for infirm and disabled supporters. There is also parking available at other private sites on Ashton Vale road.

Bedminster cricket club (http://bedminstercc.co.uk/) offers parking with a bar and food. They are a ten minute walk from Ashton Gate (0.6 mile).
Some private parking is also available at private houses in the area. For further details http://www.bcfc.co.uk/club/find_us/

Disabled Parking

There is limited availability for away disabled parking. Anyone using a wheelchair/electric vehicle that isn’t needed during the game can make themselves known to a steward who will find a safe place to store it during the match. For any enquiries please call 0117 963 0600.

Rail

The closest station is Parson Street – an 18-minute walk (0.9 miles). Regular services are available linking Parson Street to Bristol Temple Meads, Bristol Parkway, Weston-super-Mare and Taunton.

For information on train times please call the National Railway Enquiry Services on 0845 748 4950.

Bus

There are various football matchday bus services, for latest information see here.

Eat & Drink

There are kiosks in the away area where you can buy food and drink. 

Away fans should avoid pubs on North Street, but the Nova Scotia and the Pump House welcome well-behaved away supporters. They are a 15 minute walk from the ground.

Programme

Note: This information is intended as a guide only.
Please post below if you have further information which may be use e.g. food, pubs, transport etc.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:49:36 PM by martin@ardenley »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Bristol City
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:29 AM »
Re Parking:- Ashton Gate is about a 15>20 minute walk from the SS Great Britain and around 5>10 longer from the Thekla

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »
Recalling back on my early trips to Ashton Gate home of  the wirzells and they used to play the song when the teams came  out.

Should have been forewarned when I first went there, had heard  of massive punk  v ted  fights in the city centre. I knew all about the likes of Manchester United, West Ham etc for keeping a low one but Bristol as a cocky 16 year old was in my mind a proper day out.

The ground had featured  in some TV football competition in the summer when they got promotion so got a decent look at the ground before I ever went there.  Now this is where it gets tricky, we were housed  in the large open away  end (by the park - a bit about the park in a minute) and if I recall the home end was  the East End (opposite to Coventry's West End).

We never played well there and I don't think I ever saw us win there.  Both early visits there were towards the start of the season.  The second one we were even top of the league after beating QPR first game away in John  Gregory's and Jimmy Rimmer's first game for the Villa.

Never mind that we were a  bag of spuds  playing there, outside was like a war zone, especially the first year when it was  boy v man literally.  First time I had actually seen someone actually fighting kung foo  (in the park by the buses) and  ps its a  good ride  back into Temple Meads.

Suppose the big  plus point being a Bristol  City fan  in the 70's was you didn't need to hide your colours when you went to Old Trafford.

Moving  forward nearly 40 years I fully expect us to get stuffed or a draw at the very best.  Never took to cider, its a weirdos drink.

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 02:01:52 PM »
Any idea on the allocation we can espect for this? They've redeveloped the away end so we should be able to take decent numbers if the club choose to.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 06:27:17 PM »
Hope a decent one, just booked my train tickets today

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »
The upper tier of their new stand won't be open for their first game, and they don't know if it will for the games against Newcastle and then us. If it isn't then I assume that could mean we have a smaller allocation.

Offline appyarryampton

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »
If you are driving and thinking about using Bedminster CC to park, please check first as the cricket season is still on and their first XI are at home.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »
If you are driving and thinking about using Bedminster CC to park, please check first as the cricket season is still on and their first XI are at home.

The Bedminster Cricket Club website is saying that they are NOT doing parking this weekend http://bedminstercc.co.uk/

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:31 AM »
One thing  Bristol doesn't score highly on is transport, the walk back from the ground to the Station was a  hike and  a  half.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »
Did you go to Bedminster or Temple Meads?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 08:52:58 PM »
Temple Meads and taxi to this pub by the river.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal