collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United  (Read 3910 times)

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
Leeds United
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:30:11 PM »
Leeds United Football Club
Elland Road
Leeds
LS11 0ES

Main: 0871 334 1919
Email: sloquestions@leedsunited.com
Ticket Sales: 0871 334 1992
Email: tickets@leedsunited.com

Directions

Leeds United is adjacent to the intersections of the M1, M62 and M621. Alternatively enter the postcode LS11 0ES in to your Satellite Navigation.
From North A1, M1, A639 to Leeds. Join m621 to Junction 1. Take A6110 from Roundabout into Elland Road.
From South M1, M621 to Junction 1. Take A6110 from Roundabout into Elland Road.
From East A64, A1, then as from North or M62, M621 to Junction 1. Take A6110 from roundabout into Elland Road.
From West M62, M621, to Junction 1. Take A6110 from roundabout into Elland Road.

Parking

There are a number of Leeds City Council controlled car parks situated around the stadium. Street parking is restricted due to resident permits. The car parks are managed by the Parks & Countryside service of Leeds City Council 0113 395 7400, or email parks@leeds.gov.uk

Train

Leeds Railway Station is 2 miles away. London trains depart/arrive from Kings Cross. Journey time approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. Regular services available. BY BUS A matchday shuttle bus service operated by First Leeds Buses, numbered R2, departs from Sovereign Street, adjacent to Leeds station, to the stadium. The service departs 90 minutes before kick-off and runs at frequent intervals. At the end of the match, a frequent service will operate back to Leeds city centre.

Bus

Bus numbers 51 / 52 / 55 also travel from Leeds City Centre along Elland Road and stop outside of the stadium. Along Elland Road, please note that bus stops outside the ground are suspended one hour before and one hour after a home match.

Eat & Drink

A variety of refreshments, including hot and cold food and beverages, are available from the concourses within each stand inside the stadium. Between the east and south stands there is a club-run bar for away supporters known as Howards. It opens a few hours before kick-off and requires you to produce your ticket upon entry which ensures no home fans enter.

Outside the ground, the only pub within the immediate vicinity of the stadium is Drysalters which is located 10-15 minutes along Elland Road. To reach it, turn right (with your back to the south stand) and proceed along past the Police HQ and under the railway Bridge until you see it on your left hand side.

There’s a McDonalds located on the corner where Lowfields Road and Elland Road meet, a Burger King at the other end of Elland Road next to B&Q and the second M521 exit. There is also a Subway behind the South Stand.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:34:58 AM by martin@ardenley »

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Leeds United
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:55:22 PM »
 Leeds dirty Leeds.  One thing  is for sure they are no long the smug horrible Slade lookalikes from former years.  As  for their Champions of Europe chant  - for anyone lacking in football knowledge  they haven't actually won the European  Cup unlike the  Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelsea oh and before I forget us.

Without looking them up I could  not actually name a current Leeds player if caught in a 30 second quiz.

Now  to the Ground which appears to be an easy jaunt from the Motorways.  Traffic just doesn't flow like the Tetleys  when you reach the ground and it can take ages to get away.  If you know the shortcuts it is less than the 2 miles quoted  back into the City Centre, not that I think the town is that great apart from Whitelocks but my stories about that gaff will have to wait for another day.

As for the Ground, atmosphere wise can be quite good if Leeds are on top, otherwise you could easily hold a  co-op funeral inside without feeling out of place.  The Kop is actually quite a small stand, smaller than the Brummie Road for example.  The main stand looks dated and anyone who moans about our Witton End (sorry North Stand) needs to compare what we have against a council looking behind  the goal stand. 

On what I think is  called the Lowsfield  Road side they have built a Man Ure type of stand which looks impressive and the whole of that one stand equals the rest of available places in the other three stands. 

Prices will be dear ,  however the good  news  is that they have done away with the £5 meal deal.

The away section by the way now appears to be towards the right hand side  of the main  stand which is pretty run down

Leeds fans are different, they think they are special,which is true with needs at the end of it.

Will be another day at the office as  far as I am concerned if I commit and make the journey.  Not a place I would be looking to stay longer than  necessary.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 11:03:02 PM »
Have respect for their history and feel bad for their long suffering supporters (well sort of...), but also they should be a warning of what Villa might become if we're not careful.  Its good to have this fixture back and its something to say but their in a far bigger mess than us.  Four points at least should be our aim from the two games.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »
A litmus test if ever there was one.    UTV

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:58:43 AM »
The only team where I've seen large numbers of their supporters fighting each other....

Hopefully they're not as bad at home as they are when they travel to grounds where they always cause trouble.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal