collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Want Away Players  (Read 9629 times)

Offline TaxDodger

Re: Want Away Players
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 10:06:42 AM »
I'm sure it's been said many time but;

Do everything we can to keep - Amavi, Ayew, Traore, Grealish

Keep if we don't get a decent offer - Veretout, Gana, Clark, Hutton, Gestede, Gil, Sinclair, Gardner, Baker

Everybody else over the age of about 20 can go away.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »
A tad emotional, some if not all of the players will have their wages cut dramatically, if a boss said to me there has been a downturn so we will be cutting your wages in half I would be out the door quick smart.
The problem is that the two or three worth keeping will be targeted by other clubs and the others will find out that Villa were over paying them and we will be stuck with them.

Agree Robbo, but if you were that shit in your job, your wages wouldn't br reduced you would be out the door

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 11:41:18 AM »
I did say the two or three worth keeping, there were players that were trying the trouble is that they were vastly outnumbered by those that were either shit or couldn't be bothered.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »

I'm sure that's Nigel Farage addressing the EU

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 06:49:47 PM »
I believe Amavi, Gana, Veretout and Ayew will want to get the fuck out of Bodymoor Heath as soon as possible. If not sooner.

And I think Guzan who had the makings of s half-decent keeper will want away just to get a fresh start. Can't see Richards rolling up his sleeves unless there's a hairdresser on standby. Looks like Okore's got his bags packed. Clark and Bacuna will probably get wooed away by the likes of WBA and Bournemouth whilst hoping for something better.

Cissokho, Richardson, N'Zogbia - nice work if you can get it.

Gabby on lots of money, Traore allegedly getting more by the match, might be prepared to get the deck chairs out and just watch the fun.

Kuzak - who he?

I can see Sinclair, Westwood, Sanchez, Grealish and Gil staying but can't offer a reason why.

Bunn

Hutton                                                      Youth                                                                                      Lescott                                                                   Youth

Westwood                                                                        Sanchez                                                                            Bennett

Gil                                                                                                      Agbonlahor                                                                                          Grealish

Plus whatever £100m can buy if we believe the papers/ the internet/ the voices in the head.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 09:12:43 PM »
It's worth spending 5mill or whatever paying Gabby's contract out and then cancelling it if there are no takers. Will be money well spent.

He might, just might, tear those Championship defences apart.

Or maybe not.

the only thing flabby will be tearing apart is jumbo bags of monster munch

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 11:09:51 PM »
N'zogbia and Bacuna will end up in Turkey or Greece.
Lescott and Guzan will go to the MLS.
Richards is the only one of our shower of shit that will find another Premier League club this summer.
Meanwhile, Agbonlahor will end up, ironically, in the UAE.

As I'm currently on fire on here regarding predictions (ref Dr X) let's see how wrong I am with these.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 11:17:41 PM »
Doesn't matter about Zog, he's out of contract very soon anyway. So at least we won't have to worry about whether we can fob him off on anyone.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 11:20:36 PM »
Doesn't matter about Zog, he's out of contract very soon anyway. So at least we won't have to worry about whether we can fob him off on anyone.

Thank f##k for that.

Happy 1st July in advance.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 11:22:45 PM »

Thank f##k for that.

Happy 1st July in advance.

It can be our Independence Day.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2016, 12:10:08 AM »
As said on many other threads by a lot of people

Guzan
Richards
Lescott
Gabby

Have got to go whatever way or method suits - in fact I would get them out BEFORE a new manager comes in

I do not want to hear any of the bollocks "Everyone has a clean slate"  no they fucking do not

If you do not pull a rotten tooth it infects all the others - this was clearly evident last year

I still think that's what tipped King And Berstein, Randy reneging on doing exactly this.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2016, 12:31:56 AM »
I would be disappointed if Amavi went, but can understand why. Grealish can be a major force, Ayew has talent but his attitude stinks at times and not sure the championship will tempt him much. The other senior players, they can all go forth and multiply.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »
They can all go as far as I'm concerned. I would keep Hutton as he was the only one who seemed to care last year. Gestede and Sinclair could do a job in the division we are now in. Grealish is all fart and no shit in my opinion.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2016, 12:48:02 AM »
It's all a bit academic before somebody is actually appointed to be manager. I do understand that players' agents will be agitating to get them moved, any way that they can, back to the Premier League or abroad.

However, I'd expect a very good manager to persuade some of our better players to stay and fight it out in the Championship.

I'd also expect that same very good manager to have identified the players who are a bit of a waste of space in the squad, if that manager had done his homework on them, over the last season.

I suppose I'm really, really hoping that Tony Xia has done some similar homework to appoint a very good manager.

This waiting is crap, isn't it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal