collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Want Away Players  (Read 9630 times)

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
Want Away Players
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:48:54 AM »

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Want Away Players
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:55:20 AM »
A tad emotional, some if not all of the players will have their wages cut dramatically, if a boss said to me there has been a downturn so we will be cutting your wages in half I would be out the door quick smart.
The problem is that the two or three worth keeping will be targeted by other clubs and the others will find out that Villa were over paying them and we will be stuck with them.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:30:55 AM »

Hi John, I agree.

Keep Grealish, Ayew, Amavi and the babies.

The rest, fuck off and rot.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:59 AM »
There's a fair few I wouldn't mind keeping. However it seems they have release clauses as part of the deal which saw them agree to reduce their wages in the event of relegation.

I'd be sorry to see the likes of Ayew and Amavi leave, but if their clauses are set at a reasonable level it wouldn't be the end of the World.

The main one for me is Agbonlahor. I'll be massively disappointed if that waste of skin is still a Villa player come September.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
I agree with all that cdbullyweefan said. After the season we've just endured I wouldn't be too sad to see any of them go. I'm surprised some of them have the gall to think they're better than us though after the performances they've put in.

Getting rid of Gabby will be a minor miracle. Who would want him? Absolute disgrace.

It's also hard to feel sorry for them having their wages slashed. Good.

Offline postal

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
It's also hard to feel sorry for them having their wages slashed. Good.

if their slashed wages still are more in 2 weeks than most see all year, well, bless their little cotton socks.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:49 AM »
There's a fair few I wouldn't mind keeping. However it seems they have release clauses as part of the deal which saw them agree to reduce their wages in the event of relegation.

I'd be sorry to see the likes of Ayew and Amavi leave, but if their clauses are set at a reasonable level it wouldn't be the end of the World.

The main one for me is Agbonlahor. I'll be massively disappointed if that waste of skin is still a Villa player come September.

That's a good point. Gabby.....I'd love it if he had his contract cancelled. Which, considering his appalling behaviour last season, wouldn't be at all unfair.

However, the animal in me would love to see him have to face us, one more time, at a packed Villa Park. The abuse would break the vertigo suffering, shit cap wearing fat shit.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:39:32 AM by Axl Rose »

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
A tad emotional, some if not all of the players will have their wages cut dramatically, if a boss said to me there has been a downturn so we will be cutting your wages in half I would be out the door quick smart.
The problem is that the two or three worth keeping will be targeted by other clubs and the others will find out that Villa were over paying them and we will be stuck with them.

There's not one of them who doesn't deserve to have their salary at least halved. Keep the homegrown youngsters, anyone else can foxtrot oscar with extreme prejudice.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 08:43:22 AM »
I have a hunch, nothing more, that there is a club out there stupid enough to take Gabby off our hands.  A bit of blind siding in China might work.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 08:54:19 AM »

However if the downturn was your own fault because you'd been slacking, causing trouble at work and generally not putting a shift in then you deserve what you get.

This current bunch of wimps, clowns, free loaders and shirkers don't deserve anywhere near £40k per week and now they won't be getting it either.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »
It's worth spending 5mill or whatever paying Gabby's contract out and then cancelling it if there are no takers. Will be money well spent.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »
It's worth spending 5mill or whatever paying Gabby's contract out and then cancelling it if there are no takers. Will be money well spent.

He might, just might, tear those Championship defences apart.

Or maybe not.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 09:18:18 AM »
It shows the dross we have on our books when I cannot think of a single player we would be worse off without. Normally there are one or two that are key.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
I'd give them all away.  I'm so, so fucked off with them I just want a clean slate.  They're all tarnished now.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
As said on many other threads by a lot of people

Guzan
Richards
Lescott
Gabby

Have got to go whatever way or method suits - in fact I would get them out BEFORE a new manager comes in

I do not want to hear any of the bollocks "Everyone has a clean slate"  no they fucking do not

If you do not pull a rotten tooth it infects all the others - this was clearly evident last year

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal